Little Miami Football Players Suspended Indefinitely For Honoring First Responders

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Re: Little Miami Football Players Suspended Indefinitely For Honoring First Responders

Post by THEbuckeyes »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:08 pm Any radiodave article on the bigger and more important story of the past week, in which the Rootstown superintendent subverted the coach’s decision to kick off the star player for calling a black teammate the ‘N’ word by immediately reinstating the kid because he’s good at football?

Or does radiodave think that not important, instead hawking nothingburgers for clicks?
Anyone using any racial word toward anyone of any race should be kicked off without chance for return to the team this year...... I will also follow that with we need to help these young people get the help they need so we need to educate this young person and hopes that this terrible situation doesn't continue to plague future generations.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Re: Little Miami Football Players Suspended Indefinitely For Honoring First Responders

Post by Union Local Kid »

This sort of thing is getting out of hand. Ridiculously out of hand.

Most of today's political issues have very little merit, this is one of them. It's not even political, it's hypocritical.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

There’s no way these two should have been kicked off. Detention or in school suspension would have been sufficient. The other is a kick in the nuts. Shame on them.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 pm There’s no way these two should have been kicked off. Detention or in school suspension would have been sufficient. The other is a kick in the nuts. Shame on them.
They weren't kicked off the team. They were suspended and from what I was told it was one game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:13 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 pm There’s no way these two should have been kicked off. Detention or in school suspension would have been sufficient. The other is a kick in the nuts. Shame on them.
They weren't kicked off the team. They were suspended and from what I was told it was one game.
I appreciate the stand they took.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm They were told not to do it and did it anyway it’s like when youd be told not to put your hand on the stove and you did it anyway. choices have consequences
Agree. If you are told not to do something and you do it anyway then you should have to face the consequences.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:43 pm
Kicker. wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm They were told not to do it and did it anyway it’s like when youd be told not to put your hand on the stove and you did it anyway. choices have consequences
Agree. If you are told not to do something and you do it anyway then you should have to face the consequences.
The one kids father that’s a deputy sheriff came out and said that the Athletic Director told the boys I can't tell you no and I can't tell you yes so the boys carried the flags out.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 am
The one kids father that’s a deputy sheriff came out and said that the Athletic Director told the boys I can't tell you no and I can't tell you yes so the boys carried the flags out.
“Y’all got any of them primary sources?”
Attachments
FE1D84C0-C149-43BB-9110-C0E0A8AD5475.jpeg

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Trump 2020. Now set back and watch me get banned.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:30 pm I didn’t realize 9/11 is now political.
If it is political ...what about Pearl Harbor????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 am
Regardless if the kids were told to do it or not, when did it become ok to tell someone they can’t express their first amendment right? Let a cop go arrest a “peaceful protestor” for expressing their first amendment right and see what happens to that cop. Guarantee you he’s fired and in a lawsuit. Since when did carrying a flag that supports our military and first responders on a day they deserve the upmost respect become a racial issue? :?: what in the hell is this world coming to? Wow.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Like PistolPete7 said. Trump2020

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Back the blue.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Trump 2020.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Apparently the students have been reinstated:

https://us24news.com/blog/2020/09/15/af ... -for-9-11/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

I suspect there are other circumstances here, but the fact is that the kid broke a rule and he needs to deal with the punishment.

Return to “Football”