2020 Gallia Academy 47 - 43 Fairland

mattash
Site Admin

2020 Gallia Academy 47 - 43 Fairland

Post by mattash »

Big game. Fairland could be inline for an OVC chip with the upset.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: WK5 Gallia Academy - Fairland

Post by SciotoCfootball »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:20 am Big game. Fairland could be inline for an OVC chip with the upset.
Final score?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

This is big for both teams !!! Fairland has a good ball team !!@

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Gallia showed good resolve last week stopping Wellston in the red zone 3 times. But take away the penalties and the game would have been decided at halftime. Waaaaay too many dumb penalties once again and unforced turnovers. Worse yet, we committed defensive penalties giving Wellston multiple first downs on key plays. Previous weeks it was mainly offensive penalties costing us 150-200 yards per game.

Teams are so focused on keeping Armstrong between the hash marks, last year as well, my question is why is our offensive goal to limit #3 from getting into space (outside the has marks)? Teams bring 7-8 in the box and we only try to account for 5-6 defenders with no disguise to our play call. 25 times per game we line up and run into the teeth of the defense while their coaches and players point and yell where the play is going. It’s slightly better this year than last but still very obvious. I would love to think the reason is to set up something later but 11 games last year including 2 huge games weeks 10 & 11 and 4 games this year.....I’m losing faith in hoping to mislead the defense.

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

Any radio or streaming of this game on Friday night? Should be a good one!!

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

JChipwood wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm Gallia showed good resolve last week stopping Wellston in the red zone 3 times. But take away the penalties and the game would have been decided at halftime. Waaaaay too many dumb penalties once again and unforced turnovers. Worse yet, we committed defensive penalties giving Wellston multiple first downs on key plays. Previous weeks it was mainly offensive penalties costing us 150-200 yards per game.

Teams are so focused on keeping Armstrong between the hash marks, last year as well, my question is why is our offensive goal to limit #3 from getting into space (outside the has marks)? Teams bring 7-8 in the box and we only try to account for 5-6 defenders with no disguise to our play call. 25 times per game we line up and run into the teeth of the defense while their coaches and players point and yell where the play is going. It’s slightly better this year than last but still very obvious. I would love to think the reason is to set up something later but 11 games last year including 2 huge games weeks 10 & 11 and 4 games this year.....I’m losing faith in hoping to mislead the defense.
maybe the bob lutz syndrome you know it's coming now try and stop it

RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

JChipwood wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm Gallia showed good resolve last week stopping Wellston in the red zone 3 times. But take away the penalties and the game would have been decided at halftime. Waaaaay too many dumb penalties once again and unforced turnovers. Worse yet, we committed defensive penalties giving Wellston multiple first downs on key plays. Previous weeks it was mainly offensive penalties costing us 150-200 yards per game.

I agree 100%. For the life of me what is wrong with running some toss sweeps with Woodson, Armstrong or Williams? The offense will hopefully get a makeover next season with some younger talent that is more than capable and a mobile QB.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take the dragons in a close one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

RIVERRAT304 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:09 pm

I agree 100%. For the life of me what is wrong with running some toss sweeps with Woodson, Armstrong or Williams? The offense will hopefully get a makeover next season with some younger talent that is more than capable and a mobile QB.
wow does GA have a talent issue right now

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

IMO Bob Lutz would have diversified given the talent across the field at GA. And I agree 82...if we aren’t diverse now I can’t imagine next year being better. Minus the qb mobility. This years qb offers a skill set that can be utilized also. Takes a different offensive mindset though. Plus if the web is running in the passing game it is usually the result of a breakdown up front.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Gallia 21-13 if the penalties continue. If they get things cleaned up, 35-13.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 am Gallia 21-13 if the penalties continue. If they get things cleaned up, 35-13.
Agreed completely. Penalties may once again dictate the final score. Effort penalties are forgivable situationally but emotion penalties are not and have to be addressed, especially when it costs the team 2-3 scores per game in addition to giving the opponent multiple first downs every game. Those locker room stairs used to provide lots of accountability during early week practices after a game when we lost our discipline and always served as a deterrent moving forward. Or the hill beside the old tennis court. Jr high and Jv coaching is not nearly what it used to be so coach P, coach Mac, and coach coop have their hands full dealing with issues that should be nipped in the bud before a player hits HS. Not setting an edge on D used to be the quickest way to play benchwarmer. That’s also one of the easiest virtues to learn and teach, as well as vitally important. Varsity players used to know what to expect if they had a bonehead penalty. Sometimes “hey ole buddy we can’t do that” isn’t very effective. These young men are still kids, no offense, and kids do what adults ALLOW them to do. Honestly though we haven’t had a ton of discipline since coach Saunders and physicality has depended on the player rather than being the team expectation.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

On YouTube ItFairland or Fairland also will be on several FB live accounts

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Interested to see Fairland play a game that most people think they will lose, very talented and fast. Something we haven’t said about Fairland in years is that they have been the most physical team on the field each week. Fairland is coming in down several linemen but I’ll take the men in Green. If Gallia commits the killer mistakes they’ve made all year, this will be over early.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Spread offense might cause GA some trouble. !!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JChipwood wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 am Gallia 21-13 if the penalties continue. If they get things cleaned up, 35-13.
Agreed completely. Penalties may once again dictate the final score. Effort penalties are forgivable situationally but emotion penalties are not and have to be addressed, especially when it costs the team 2-3 scores per game in addition to giving the opponent multiple first downs every game. Those locker room stairs used to provide lots of accountability during early week practices after a game when we lost our discipline and always served as a deterrent moving forward. Or the hill beside the old tennis court. Jr high and Jv coaching is not nearly what it used to be so coach P, coach Mac, and coach coop have their hands full dealing with issues that should be nipped in the bud before a player hits HS. Not setting an edge on D used to be the quickest way to play benchwarmer. That’s also one of the easiest virtues to learn and teach, as well as vitally important. Varsity players used to know what to expect if they had a bonehead penalty. Sometimes “hey ole buddy we can’t do that” isn’t very effective. These young men are still kids, no offense, and kids do what adults ALLOW them to do. Honestly though we haven’t had a ton of discipline since coach Saunders and physicality has depended on the player rather than being the team expectation.
I agree with a lot of what you say for sure

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I feel like when I played at gallia before moving to ironton that those teams at gallia were physical especially to be a spread team. I started every game my two years at ironton the 06 gallia, 06 Portsmouth, and 06 jackson were the most physical teams we played that you would actually be sore the next day

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

If the Dragons hit a couple of deep balls than they have a chance at winning this game. They will have to keep Armstrong in check but this will be an entertaining game. Dragons in a close one!! Fairland IT on you tube doesn't do away games. FYI

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

what is the recipe to beat GA. 1. stop armstrong 2.

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

30-22 at half dragons. Great game so far. Very entertaining.

Return to “Football”