Varsity

Re: WK5 Logan Elm - Logan

Post by Chief02 »

Logan might have a chance.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If the D plays like this past week they will be in this game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Logan will get this one, for sure.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Logan going to try and get in the MSL buckeye or what

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:55 pm Logan going to try and get in the MSL buckeye or what
They keep getting himmed up with there not being an opening, as well as the fact that the opening that would happen would be the school that would want them most: Teays Valley. Whatever Central Ohio league alignment that happens possibly takes Hamilton Twp with Teays.

That would leave the Buckeye at six teams, but it doesn’t necessarily become a path for Logan automatically. A Logan addition makes seven teams. Meanwhile, there has been talks that there is some “strife” within MSL on whether to realign entirely on enrollment — which subverts the primary strength of the at-current Buckeye (short travel times, big gates and baked-in rivalries) as well as a Logan bid. An additional complication is that if TV and HT both leave the Buckeye, a move may be made to transition Fisher Catholic and Berne Union into the Buckeye.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:23 am
mattash wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:55 pm Logan going to try and get in the MSL buckeye or what
They keep getting himmed up with there not being an opening, as well as the fact that the opening that would happen would be the school that would want them most: Teays Valley. Whatever Central Ohio league alignment that happens possibly takes Hamilton Twp with Teays.

That would leave the Buckeye at six teams, but it doesn’t necessarily become a path for Logan automatically. A Logan addition makes seven teams. Meanwhile, there has been talks that there is some “strife” within MSL on whether to realign entirely on enrollment — which subverts the primary strength of the at-current Buckeye (short travel times, big gates and baked-in rivalries) as well as a Logan bid. An additional complication is that if TV and HT both leave the Buckeye, a move may be made to transition Fisher Catholic and Berne Union into the Buckeye.
The simplest path for Logan is likely the following:

1) Grandview Heights transitions to the MSL-Cardinal...

2) Harvest Prep fully transitions to the MSL-Ohio...

3) Hamilton Township transitions to the MSL-Ohio

Logan then joins as the eighth Buckeye team, replacing HT.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Form what I've always been told from the guys I work with that live in that area is TV & HT don' t want the travel to Logan. Most residents are under the impression that Logan is on the Ohio river.

AT THE RESERVATION
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

1987chieftains wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:51 pm Form what I've always been told from the guys I work with that live in that area is TV & HT don' t want the travel to Logan. Most residents are under the impression that Logan is on the Ohio river.
That just makes them seem not very smart honestly. There is no dramatic travel difference between traveling to Logan and their current farthest conference foe.

Hamilton to Logan: 50 minutes
Hamilton to Fairfield Union: 41 minutes

Teays Valley to Logan: 44 minutes
Teays Valley to Fairfield Union: 40 minutes
Teays Valley to Liberty Union: 39 minutes

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

1987chieftains wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:51 pm Form what I've always been told from the guys I work with that live in that area is TV & HT don' t want the travel to Logan. Most residents are under the impression that Logan is on the Ohio river.
Maybe the TV residents are under that impression. :) In Hamilton Township, we're a bit more cosmopolitan. One of our favorite phrases is "by the banks of the Hocking" when we talk about Logan, to make sure you know we mean the team in the 43138 ZIP code, and not the one in Tarleton.

Ask most HT'ers, we'll tell you we have nothing against Fairfield Union, but we'll take that drive to Logan anytime. Much easier drive than to FU, regardless of distance. Time for HT-FU is more like 45 mins under a best-case scenario, but realistically 50 minutes. If Coonpath Rd didn't have a stop sign every 1.25 miles ...

Interesting possibilities, though. HT in the Ohio? Honestly, I never considered that scenario, but it is intriguing. I'm in the dark as to confidential discussions among the AD's, but I always assumed Logan would eventually make it to the Buckeye and give us 8 teams again. Absent that, Whitehall would be a good alternate, but they probably wouldn't like the travel.

This week, I'll take Logan by 14.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I agree with both of you. When the guys I work with told me that I was shocked. I told them when we were in the SEOAL the shortest trip was a 45 min bus ride to Athens (pre bypass). I told them the longest was Ironton, Gallia or Portsmouth at 2hrs.

The MSL is the best fit for Logan. Much easier drives then the MVL and with Logan being a 1 county HS the MSL schools fit Logan in size and competitiveness.

Is this game at Logan or Logan Elm?

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The MSL teams have always played Logan well. Bloom Carroll and Logan Elm seem to usually have the Chiefs number in basketball. Baseball is another game the MSL plays the Chiefs well. They need a division in the MSL that has Circleville, Logan Elm, Fairfield Union, Bloom Carroll, Teays Valley. Hamilton and Logan. Forget the size. these school could make a very interesting conferance.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Logan’s opportunity for the MSL would’ve been 2013 when the league re-aligned. The MSL-Buckeye didn’t take Logan, and instead replaced Canal Winchester with Liberty Union.

Teays Valley is anticipating a transition to Division I in football come 2025. That community is tired of having football teams miss playoffs because the league is too tilted in composition of D4’s and D5’s. Teays may not be in the MSL much longer.

Logan really isn’t seen to be that attractive of an addition. It’s been speculated that Logan and Fisher Catholic are both seen as “equal” profiles as a possible 8th addition should Teays leave. They both have positives and negatives. Logan’s primary negative is geography; FC’s the fact they’re D7 in football. If Hamilton Twp goes to the Ohio, it would happen when Teays leaves. I don’t think AC/LU/FU would endorse a Logan addition. CV/LE would probably be fine with adding Logan or FC. BC would want Logan, because BC is seeing the writing on the wall with their growth and what that means for football (will be D3 soon.)

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

I personally know the AD principal and basically everyone at HT . They have said they would like to have Logan. They say the small schools dont want them. Atleast that is what I have been told.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

What are the rules for MSL voting? Is it 100% to get acceptance or simple majority?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Chief02 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:58 pm What are the rules for MSL voting? Is it 100% to get acceptance or simple majority?
It’s a vote across the entire MSL, simple majority. But, there has to be a quorum of 2/3 of the schools present on a vote. And if there is a split on the schools whose division would be receiving the applicant then the schools in the other part of the MSL will generally respect the wishes of the dissenting schools.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:27 pm

Is this game at Logan or Logan Elm?
Logan Elm

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

thanks FC

AT THE RESERVATION
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan and Teays Valley have a very good relationship from an admin level.

From what I know, it's more likely Logan and Teays Valley end up in the same league but it won't be the MSL. TV along with a few others have been willing partners in putting together a new central Ohio league, but have never been able to get to a full six (or eight) teams to make it happen.

I think the consensus here is correct that most of the MSL-Buckeye teams do not want Logan to join the league. Logan has absolutely pursued that option and I think its definitely the reason these games with Amanda, B-C, and Logan Elm were able to be scheduled FWIW.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

wonder if Logan takes the mask police on the road? :P

Return to “Football”