Could we do a game swap? Ironton vs. Trimble, South Point vs. South Gallia

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Could we do a game swap? Ironton vs. Trimble, South Point vs. South Gallia

Post by BigBoneJerome »

give the fans something to talk about. Trimble can even have the players that graduated from last years team to make it a fair match... Same with South Gallia

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Re: Could we do a game swap? Ironton vs. Trimble, South Point vs. South Gallia

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:20 pm give the fans something to talk about. Trimble can even have the players that graduated from last years team to make it a fair match... Same with South Gallia
Why would y’all want to do us like that? Lol.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

What would be the benefit of this? It would still be a double dose of beatdown. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Trimble is in a down year.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Trimble, South Point, and South Gallia combines rosters and then plays Ironton I still give the Tigers an advantage....

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

2019 Trimble vs Ironton would have been fun to watch. This year Ironton is a lot better than anyone in SEO

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Two different incomparable teams. Ironton is on a whole different level this year. 2013 Ironton wouldn’t have wanted anything to do with the 2013 Tomcats.

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I doubt trimble would want to drive 2 plus hours to have the wood layed to them

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 pm Two different incomparable teams. Ironton is on a whole different level this year. 2013 Ironton wouldn’t have wanted anything to do with the 2013 Tomcats.
Ironton was 3-7 that year bad year to compare

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 pm Two different incomparable teams. Ironton is on a whole different level this year. 2013 Ironton wouldn’t have wanted anything to do with the 2013 Tomcats.
That’s kinda what I mean. And Trimble is down this year. Yea, we might be 5-0, but look at our strength of schedule. I guess I was getting at every team has their up and down years and this happens to be the Tigers year when 2013 was the Tomcats year. Hey, I’m rooting for them. Love to see juggernauts in SEO!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:38 pm
That’s kinda what I mean. And Trimble is down this year. Yea, we might be 5-0, but look at our strength of schedule. I guess I was getting at every team has their up and down years and this happens to be the Tigers year when 2013 was the Tomcats year. Hey, I’m rooting for them. Love to see juggernauts in SEO!
No i get what your saying i just think that is the worst record ironton has finished with since before coach Lutz ever showed up

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:38 pm

No i get what your saying i just think that is the worst record ironton has finished with since before coach Lutz ever showed up
If you want to compare just this year, minus the strength of schedules, I guess we can have bragging rights about having more shutouts :lol: Just messing around man. It’s all in fun. I know Ironton is about it this year and like I said, I’ll be rooting for them from little ole Glouster to bring a State Championship title back to SEO.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Trimble is down this year and wouldn’t stand a chance but I’ll tell you one thing. Those boys and coaches would play anybody, anywhere, any day.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ironton will obviously receive a first round bye in the D5 playoffs. Would it be possible for them to schedule a week 7 game against another Ohio playoff team with a bye or a worthy opponent out of WV or KY in need of a game? The Tigers might benefit from being tested a bit before their playoff run, but would OHSAA allow it?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

How about fort Frye -v-Ironton?

They could drop a scheduled 7th game w/(1-3/D6)Magnolia,WV & Ironton gets some playoff atmosphere during THE BYE week & It would be more beneficial To Fort Frye unless the WV gig is league play,
I’m not for sure of Fort Frye’s league sitch.

Fort Frye handled Wellston who gave Gallia a run for it & FF is like #2 in Cleveland.com top 10 for D6.

Wouldn’t hurt to make that call, or is the workout and downtime more beneficial?

Make that call to BEVERLY!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Omega wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:20 am Ironton will obviously receive a first round bye in the D5 playoffs. Would it be possible for them to schedule a week 7 game against another Ohio playoff team with a bye or a worthy opponent out of WV or KY in need of a game? The Tigers might benefit from being tested a bit before their playoff run, but would OHSAA allow it?
See above post. You must’ve been posting at the moment I was!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:45 am
Omega wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:20 am Ironton will obviously receive a first round bye in the D5 playoffs. Would it be possible for them to schedule a week 7 game against another Ohio playoff team with a bye or a worthy opponent out of WV or KY in need of a game? The Tigers might benefit from being tested a bit before their playoff run, but would OHSAA allow it?
See above post. You must’ve been posting at the moment I was!
Great minds and all of that!

I have been thoroughly entertained by the ever changing high school football schedules brought about by the contagion. WV's ever changing color code system creates chaotic play or no play situations. A Fort Frye versus Parkersburg or Ironton versus Spring Valley matchup would be intriguing. No chance of it happening.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

I don’t see FF hanging with the Tigers.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

No offense, but I believe an all-star team of kids from Trimble, SP and SG would get a running clock put on them by Ironton. As I'm sure everyone knows, the Tigers have an uber-talented backfield and a great OL. Any D5 team not named Kirtland is going to get rolled.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Right. We all know that. But Trimble would not be afraid. Would be a better conversation for the years past bc in my opinion all of those teams are down

Return to “Football”