S

Re: 2020 Playoffs Valley v Northridge

Post by efarns »

Northridge is small and inexperienced.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The Viking run the wing t and do so with little speed. The QB, when I seen them is A good athlete.
N.C. was able to throw on them more than I thought they would, in the game I covered.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

In another fake playoff game. Ill take Valley 20 to 13

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take the valley fighting crabtrees

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Fake playoffs or not, I see Valley riding last week's momentum to a convincing win. I could see the Indians winning a few games in this region.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Valley 21 Northridge 7
Fake game

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Valley 44
Northridge 20

Message Board Hero
Waterboy

Post by Message Board Hero »

I think I am going with a 34-7 final score in favor of Valley. I have looked at Northridge's scores and opponents and I don't think they put many on the board unless Valley helps them. While that is possible, I also believe the Valley defense will be playing with confidence following a great showing last week.

I think Valley would have been a fringe contender for a playoff spot this year if a normal season were played. Obviously they struggled in league play but the Northwest and Minford wins would have went a long way with possible wins over Coal Grove, Portsmouth, Piketon, and Circleville. Either way, just like basketball and baseball, everyone starts at 0-0 now. Win and advance is all that matters.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Valley is too well coached to lose this game and will have better athletes.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:06 am Valley 21 Northridge 7
Fake game
PistolPete7 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm In another fake playoff game. Ill take Valley 20 to 13

How is this a fake game or fake playoff game? If one of these "fake" playoff teams win the region do they get the trophy??? Pretty sure they do... OHSAA clearly stated that we are only playing 6 games and this year the playoffs would include everyone. Instead of putting down a local team why not build them up? Better local teams means better competition for your Pirates right? Every single fan of another school should be rooting for your local area teams to do well because it is only going to make your home schools better.

Every game Valley has played was against schools who are much larger than them and those schools played a bunch of juniors and seniors all year while the vast majority of Valley's starters are freshman and sophomores. Playing against schools that are the same size should give Valley a chance to win every playoff game they play this year in this region.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

lineman7 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:52 am
Fake game
PistolPete7 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm In another fake playoff game. Ill take Valley 20 to 13

How is this a fake game or fake playoff game? If one of these "fake" playoff teams win the region do they get the trophy??? Pretty sure they do... OHSAA clearly stated that we are only playing 6 games and this year the playoffs would include everyone. Instead of putting down a local team why not build them up? Better local teams means better competition for your Pirates right? Every single fan of another school should be rooting for your local area teams to do well because it is only going to make your home schools better.

Every game Valley has played was against schools who are much larger than them and those schools played a bunch of juniors and seniors all year while the vast majority of Valley's starters are freshman and sophomores. Playing against schools that are the same size should give Valley a chance to win every playoff game they play this year in this region.
I am rooting for them, hence the 21-7 final

Put_me_in_coach
Waterboy

Post by Put_me_in_coach »

Rooting but still a dig. Is that #theburgway ? Asking for a friend.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Fake game

I'm gonna surmise to say that you're also in favor of participation trophies!?!? Because that is exactly what this is.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

PistolPete7 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Fake game

I'm gonna surmise to say that you're also in favor of participation trophies!?!? Because that is exactly what this is.
Agree, this opt-in stuff is absurd .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Valley wins this one by 3 scores. If the opt-in stuff is absurd then what is your solution for this year?? Computer points only?? Minimum of 3 wins to get in, which was one I was actually in favor of as it does weed out a lot of teams. Then again you had teams not starting up until later on and might not get 3 games in total before the playoffs rolls around. Just a tough year and there's no sense in fighting it or bashing a team because of it, they're playing the hand their dealt as well. Like always the cream will rise to the top but for some reason should we see something crazy happen where a opt-in team makes a run or knocks off a bigger seed than I hope everyone gives me more credit than just being an opt-in. Let's be honest not many complain about the 8 teams, yet the #8 seed a lot of times is steam rolled and in 2021 we're looking at 12 teams, so we're getting a small look at that this year.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Fake game

I like Valley but neither team in this game is winning the region. Both teams should be glad they get to at this game due to ohsaa trying to recoup some money.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

*get to play this game due to ohsaa trying to recoup some money

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:58 pm
Fake game

I like Valley but neither team in this game is winning the region. Both teams should be glad they get to at this game due to ohsaa trying to recoup some money.
That's a bogus argument considering this is what OHSAA does for basketball and baseball correct? Everyone gets in the playoff... when you see the lower seed getting to the Convo in basketball are they playing fake games too?

Return to “Football”