RD 2: Waterford 6 @ River 7 Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RD 2: Waterford 6 @ River 7 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

If Waterford can find a way to score they can win this one.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Re: RD 2: Waterford (4-3) @ River (4-2)

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Good luck Waterford! Keep the Hocking rollin!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Waterford will have a hard time putting points on the board against Rivers D not really a defense that is played much down below Washington County to my knowledge. River holds them to under 14. On the flip side I see Waterford having a hard time with the multiple fronts that River comes out in. Not super predictable, if Johnson and Dennis are on it could get messy. River 35 Waterford 13

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Problem for Waterford in this one is they played a Miller team Friday that... I have no idea how Miller was even going to present any challenge on offense given their best player broke his leg earlier... and now they’re playing a pretty hard River team.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waterford has played some tough defenses so far this year and while they've struggled to score they also haven't been giving up much on defense themselves. They're only avg. giving up 8.5 ppg defensively and that's with 3 losses to Fort Frye, Eastern and Trimble 3 teams expecting to make runs. River has a good team and it's going to be a tough test but I'm going to take an upset special with River having a week off, waterford might be able to sneak in and get one. Then again they might lose by 3 scores.
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:35 am Waterford has played some tough defenses so far this year and while they've struggled to score they also haven't been giving up much on defense themselves. They're only avg. giving up 8.5 ppg defensively and that's with 3 losses to Fort Frye, Eastern and Trimble 3 teams expecting to make runs. River has a good team and it's going to be a tough test but I'm going to take an upset special with River having a week off, waterford might be able to sneak in a get one. Then again they might lose by 3 scores.
I think this is a good prediction! The cats if they play well are dangerous!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Have not seen Waterford play a full game just highlights. I did see the full game of river vs Shadyside and river vs Barnesville I think the pilots win this one. Would not really shock me if Waterford wins though

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Goodluck to Waterford

Cowpatty69
Waterboy

Post by Cowpatty69 »

River 35 Waterford 6

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

I'll take River in this one

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

River might win but I don’t see them scoring 30 some points on Waterford. River is not the best team Waterford has played this year.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:16 pm River might win but I don’t see them scoring 30 some points on Waterford. River is not the best team Waterford has played this year.
Maybe, maybe not but Waterford is going up against a couple dynamic athletes that do not compare to anyone they’ve seen so far this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:33 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:16 pm River might win but I don’t see them scoring 30 some points on Waterford. River is not the best team Waterford has played this year.
Maybe, maybe not but Waterford is going up against a couple dynamic athletes that do not compare to anyone they’ve seen so far this year.

🙄

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Cowpatty69 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:55 pm River 35 Waterford 6
No way Waterford allows that.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:15 pm
Why not

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

OvGuy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:28 am
Why not
Obviously I’m speaking on behalf of the Wildcats being a fellow TVC-Hocking fan. With that being said, I don’t know much about River other than them handing us our butts back in 2008 at Marietta :oops: but I do know Waterfords defense is pretty stingy. I can’t see them allowing 35 points to be scored on them. They only allowed a really good FF put up 22 on them. Maybe FF let up and let the JV get some reps in, that I don’t know, but when they played the Tomcats, their defense was rather tough.
Didn’t mean the comment in a bad way by any means, just sharing ideas. Lol.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:42 am

Why not
Obviously I’m speaking on behalf of the Wildcats being a fellow TVC-Hocking fan. With that being said, I don’t know much about River other than them handing us our butts back in 2008 at Marietta :oops: but I do know Waterfords defense is pretty stingy. I can’t see them allowing 35 points to be scored on them. They only allowed a really good FF put up 22 on them. Maybe FF let up and let the JV get some reps in, that I don’t know, but when they played the Tomcats, their defense was rather tough.
All good I just was wanting to here a reasoning. I’ve seen both play and it just comes down to speed River has more. River’s problems this year are just not being able to capitalize on opportunities scores could’ve been a lot more lopsided in Rivers favor of just a couple of the many failed 4th down conversions had been successful. Lots of stalled drives deep in opponents territory. Waterford’s best chances are to play keep away as best they can. When River gets up they tend to tighten the stranglehold

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

OvGuy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:12 am
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:42 am

Why not
All good I just was wanting to here a reasoning. I’ve seen both play and it just comes down to speed River has more. River’s problems this year are just not being able to capitalize on opportunities scores could’ve been a lot more lopsided in Rivers favor of just a couple of the many failed 4th down conversions had been successful. Lots of stalled drives deep in opponents territory. Waterford’s best chances are to play keep away as best they can. When River gets up they tend to tighten the stranglehold
That’s a piece of the puzzle needed to make a deep run. Once you get up, you can’t let the other team back in it or hang around. The only thing I really do know about River is their strength of schedule is much tougher than Waterfords and I’m sure that will benefit them in the next few weeks. Should be a good one!

GoBucks1980
Waterboy

Post by GoBucks1980 »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:33 pm
You must not have seen Trimble. They have 2/3 athletes better than anybody River fields, I've seen them both play 2 games. River may be better up front than Trimble, but they are definitely not as athletic. Waterford's defense will give them a chance, just don't think their offense can score enough points to win. River 28 Waterford 13

Cowpatty69
Waterboy

Post by Cowpatty69 »

River is going to bare ass them

Return to “Football”