RD 3: Berne Union (7-1)@ Trimble (7-0)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RD 3: Berne Union (7-1)@ Trimble (7-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Trimble should win.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: RD 3: Berne Union (7-1)@ Trimble (7-0)

Post by noreply66 »

Berne Union can be explosive.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The Rockets better clean up the fumbles, lost 4 last night against Eastern. Nemeth is a good qb, strong, and athletic. Prince runs well, and Friesner, I swear I called his name 60 times last night. Dont know what Trimble has.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It sounds like both teams struggled with holding onto the ball last night

I’ll take Trimble in a not particularly close game

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Glad to see BU get this far and have the season that they do. Hope this game is decently close, but ultimately a game that gets out of reach due to Trimble being far grittier and more physical.

Eh... actually the more I think about it, this BU team is roughly equal to the FC team Trimble played a couple years ago. Maybe a little more explosive but not as physical. So this won’t be close.

Trimble by 45. Shut up the squawking I’m hearing out of Berne Township, please!

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Cats by 20

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Gonna take the Cats in this one. They work on some things this week like less turnovers and tuning up the line so poor Lackey has some time to do something with the ball.
Trimble - 42
Burnt Onion - 21

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:36 am The Rockets better clean up the fumbles, lost 4 last night against Eastern. Nemeth is a good qb, strong, and athletic. Prince runs well, and Friesner, I swear I called his name 60 times last night. Dont know what Trimble has.
Sounds like our Bryce Downs, Tabor Lackey and Blake Guffey. The three of them will try to run you over when they have the ball and smack you in the mouth on defense. Tough nose kids.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 am
eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:36 am The Rockets better clean up the fumbles, lost 4 last night against Eastern. Nemeth is a good qb, strong, and athletic. Prince runs well, and Friesner, I swear I called his name 60 times last night. Dont know what Trimble has.
Sounds like our Bryce Downs, Tabor Lackey and Blake Guffey. The three of them will try to run you over when they have the ball and smack you in the mouth on defense. Tough nose kids.
Unfortunately, Berne is not tough at all.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 am
They quick, good pass game, run game? Anything? Looks like they hung in there with a pretty decent/physical Caldwell team. Cats need to work on turning the ball over or it could be a closer game than some think.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:41 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 am

They quick, good pass game, run game? Anything? Looks like they hung in there with a pretty decent/physical Caldwell team. Cats need to work on turning the ball over or it could be a closer game than some think.
Berne’s strengths really rely on more finesse than toughness. They have a sophomore QB who is good, with two primary targets outside in Amnah and Friesner. Those two are speedsters. Their RB Chris Prince is a senior who has never played football before. If he would run low, he would be a load. BU has had some fumble problems lately. Caldwell really should (have been) the wake-up call for BU. The Redskins were far grittier that night.

I really like a lot of what Berne’s coach does. Have always thought he was a really good coach. I’m glad that he’s taken Berne to the “next level”, as he’s taken BU to two playoff appearances in his three years there (and I feel fine saying that this ‘counts’ as a playoff appearances, since this is regional quarterfinals... the same stage as week 11 other years.) They had lost a lot from the team that got mauled by Waterford in 18, so last year’s team was basically this team but younger and rawer. I genuinely would like to see BU win this, but I think BU would really benefit from a punch in the month this go around. Which is exactly what’s coming.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

Hell, let’s just skip the game then. You’ve already gave the W to the Cats. I hope the kids aren’t reading this garbage. Region 27 is tough and on any given night anyone can knock off anyone. The Cats will come prepared by a GREAT coaching staff and they will be ready to play. Going to be a good game, I hope the Cats bring the intensity for 4 quarters. If so, going to be a fun night in Glouster.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Thatdad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:36 am Hell, let’s just skip the game then. You’ve already gave the W to the Cats. I hope the kids aren’t reading this garbage. Region 27 is tough and on any given night anyone can knock off anyone. The Cats will come prepared by a GREAT coaching staff and they will be ready to play. Going to be a good game, I hope the Cats bring the intensity for 4 quarters. If so, going to be a fun night in Glouster.
Who’s gave them the game already?

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Trimble in this one.

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Their #1 receiver is similar to Guffey- not as physical though. Their QB has similar style to Monroe’s, not as explosive. Their RB is big, but not a hard runner or as fast as 44 from Monroe. Definitely not a Bryce Downs type of running back. They have skill players for days, similar to the cats. Line is slightly better than Trimble’s. They’ll have a height advantage in most positions across the field, but I’ll take the cats and their physicality by 14-21 points. Finesse vs Physical, I’ll take physical.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:11 pm
Their #1 receiver is similar to Guffey- not as physical though. Their QB has similar style to Monroe’s, not as explosive. Their RB is big, but not a hard runner or as fast as 44 from Monroe. Definitely not a Bryce Downs type of running back. They have skill players for days, similar to the cats. Line is slightly better than Trimble’s. They’ll have a height advantage in most positions across the field, but I’ll take the cats and their physicality by 14-21 points. Finesse vs Physical, I’ll take physical.
Nice post!! Thanks for that info!! I’ll take physical over finesse any day. Take a physical player and smack a finesse player and it changes the whole dynamic of a football game.

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Berne will be able to do more things offensively than Monroe could, as they’re more well rounded and not as top heavy, but their top 3 players aren’t as dynamic as Monroe’s. Probably a better matchup for the cats this week. Turnover margin could be a big factor this week.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

It’s playoff football, the turnover factor is big in every game. The Cats May have an advantage this week but, they better come to play. Berne will not lay down.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Trimble has been here before. A lot for that matter. The experience, playing at home, along with Berne Union not a line up and whoop your a$$ style , Trimble physical beats these boys up and moves on.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to the cats from over the hill!

Return to “Football”