RD 3: Reedsville Eastern (6-2) @ River (5-2)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RD 3: Reedsville Eastern (6-2) @ River (5-2)

Post by EasternDspy »

Pretty far road trip.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Re: RD 3: Reedsville Eastern (6-2) @ River (5-2)

Post by Stan Smith »

Eastern

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Eastern needs to be prepared to play the officials as well.
The crew last night should be banned

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

Stan Smith wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:19 am Eastern needs to be prepared to play the officials as well.
Officials didn’t cost wildcats the game . Waterford could move the ball with Dailey at about 6 yds a carry but with no passing game could not over come penalties and negative plays , eastern is almost a mirror image on defense and a better offense than Waterford. I will take Eagles 21-7. River has speed but not very physical can’t see them running the ball in this game

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Green 50 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am
Stan Smith wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:19 am Eastern needs to be prepared to play the officials as well.
Officials didn’t cost wildcats the game . Waterford could move the ball with Dailey at about 6 yds a carry but with no passing game could not over come penalties and negative plays , eastern is almost a mirror image on defense and a better offense than Waterford. I will take Eagles 21-7. River has speed but not very physical can’t see them running the ball in this game
Lack of confidence in the quarterback has cost them all season

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

Stan Smith wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:31 am
Green 50 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am
Lack of confidence in the quarterback has cost them all season
I agree . Think we would have been better off putting Dailey in the shotgun and let him run from there would have given him another blocker

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

River’s offense won’t be stymied two weeks in a row. River 28. Eastern 14.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Watching both these 2 play last night I like Eastern.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Watching the two games of Eastern that I have seems that they have a hard time making adjustments pretty predictable on both sides of the ball I give a large coaching edge to the River staff and for their offense to get back on track pulling out the double digit win.

HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:30 am Watching the two games of Eastern that I have seems that they have a hard time making adjustments pretty predictable on both sides of the ball I give a large coaching edge to the River staff and for their offense to get back on track pulling out the double digit win.
So what 2 games of Eastern have you watched?

northeast2019
Waterboy

Post by northeast2019 »

I found it interesting to say the least, Coach Flannery’s quote in the Marietta Times “we just weren’t gelling for some reason. I don’t know what it was.”

So thought I would help him out and define it for him. Waterford’s Defense! That was their (River) lowest scoring total all season. Pretty good defense considering most teams offensively should have developed a good chemistry by the end of the season.

My hats off to both teams. But most schools are probably happy not to see that (WATERFORD) defense for the rest of the playoffs.

Here’s some of the other teams that Waterford held some of their lowest scoring totals all season:

Fort Frye-22 points (lowest all season)
Eastern-10 points (second lowest)
Trimble-14 points (second lowest)
River-7 points (lowest all season)

And for those of you that are adults taking shots at players on here for the end of the game...shame on you. It’s easy to hide behind a computer screen and have your name concealed. Getting on coaches I understand, that is part of it, but leave the kids names and numbers off this forum especially when it’s negative.

Also a total lack of respect and professionalism on Rivers behalf or maybe Waterford’s AD, for announcing Waterford’s Head coach as Doug Baldwin.

I love my alma mater. 1993 grad. Go Wildcats! We are proud of you.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

northeast2019 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:34 am I found it interesting to say the least, Coach Flannery’s quote in the Marietta Times “we just weren’t gelling for some reason. I don’t know what it was.”

So thought I would help him out and define it for him. Waterford’s Defense! That was their (River) lowest scoring total all season. Pretty good defense considering most teams offensively should have developed a good chemistry by the end of the season.

My hats off to both teams. But most schools are probably happy not to see that (WATERFORD) defense for the rest of the playoffs.

Here’s some of the other teams that Waterford held some of their lowest scoring totals all season:

And for those of you that are adults taking shots at players on here for the end of the game...shame on you. It’s easy to hide behind a computer screen and have your name concealed. Getting on coaches I understand, that is part of it, but leave the kids names and numbers off this forum especially when it’s negative.

Also a total lack of respect and professionalism on Rivers behalf or maybe Waterford’s AD, for announcing Waterford’s Head coach as Doug Baldwin.

If you’re a dirty team like Waterford has portrayed themselves then you’ll get called out by me over and over again until I’m blue in the face, or thumbs in this case. You’re basically justifying a cheap shot to the head of the QB while the game is over and he’s taking a knee. The first kneel down when the entire front of Waterford acted the way they did I can almost understand with the emotions being high and knowing you’re playoff hopes are over but the very next play NUMBER FIFTY-THREE takes a shot to the head of a player on a kneel down that’s shows you have ZERO class as a program. If I knew names of certain players and coaches I would have no problem naming names. School pride is awesome but don’t be stupidly blind to it like you are.

northeast2019
Waterboy

Post by northeast2019 »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:41 pm
northeast2019 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:34 am I found it interesting to say the least, Coach Flannery’s quote in the Marietta Times “we just weren’t gelling for some reason. I don’t know what it was.”

If you’re a dirty team like Waterford has portrayed themselves then you’ll get called out by me over and over again until I’m blue in the face, or thumbs in this case. You’re basically justifying a cheap shot to the head of the QB while the game is over and he’s taking a knee. The first kneel down when the entire front of Waterford acted the way they did I can almost understand with the emotions being high and knowing you’re playoff hopes are over but the very next play NUMBER FIFTY-THREE takes a shot to the head of a player on a kneel down that’s shows you have ZERO class as a program. If I knew names of certain players and coaches I would have no problem naming names. School pride is awesome but don’t be stupidly blind to it like you are.
Then explain to me why River’s number 78 was head bunting Waterford players all night? He did it so much he ended up getting a bloody nose from it and had to pulled to the sideline to get it treated. Look I am sure 78 is a good kid and just because these kids do things like this doesn’t define them as bad kids or a program that is dirty.
I personally know 53 of Waterford and his family. He is a great kid with with a great upbringing. I’m sure 78 is the same. Good luck against Eastern next week. You all have a nice program.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

northeast2019 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Then explain to me why River’s number 78 was head bunting Waterford players all night? He did it so much he ended up getting a bloody nose from it and had to pulled to the sideline to get it treated. Look I am sure 78 is a good kid and just because these kids do things like this doesn’t define them as bad kids or a program that is dirty.
I personally know 53 of Waterford and his family. He is a great kid with with a great upbringing. I’m sure 78 is the same. Good luck against Eastern next week. You all have a nice program.
Listen there’s general chippiness and that just happens sometimes in such an emotional game. Both sides were guilty but no one from river is taking blatant blind side cheap shots especially when the game is over and knowing what I know about the team if that’s seen by the staff then that player is taken off the field no matter what caliber player they are. 53 might be a good kid and that’s all fine and dandy but that action will forever classify you as a dirty player. Like I said it also sheds light on what sort of coaching staff you portray yourself as.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Eastern by at least a few scores

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Listen there’s general chippiness and that just happens sometimes in such an emotional game. Both sides were guilty but no one from river is taking blatant blind side cheap shots especially when the game is over and knowing what I know about the team if that’s seen by the staff then that player is taken off the field no matter what caliber player they are. 53 might be a good kid and that’s all fine and dandy but that action will forever classify you as a dirty player. Like I said it also sheds light on what sort of coaching staff you portray yourself as.
Go watch you tube of the game.
3rd quarter, double head butt by 78 on number 7. Then almost pulls his head off. Helmet goes rolling across the field.
This happens right in front of an official. No call. 7 has to sit out a play of coarse.
Should have been 15 yards plus first down.
Which would have put Waterford on approx 30 yard line.
Go watch the video.
Blue face

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm

3rd quarter, double head butt by 78 on number 7. Then almost pulls his head off. Helmet goes rolling across the field.
This happens right in front of an official. No call. 7 has to sit out a play of coarse.
Go watch the video.
Blue face
If you're going to call kids out, don't sort em out!

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:00 pm
Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Go watch the video.
Blue face
If you're going to call kids out, don't sort em out!
My guy i watched the game. Twice actually, it was a physical game both teams were penalized for personal fouls on multiple occasions and if you would watch 78 got pulled from the game for the series for it. But regardless no penalty or non penalty swung the outcome of the game. You can say River had one big play yes but the same goes for Waterford. Stop whining and trying to justify a dirty play/player.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Anyways River over Easter by atleast 10. #PilotTheShip

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:15 pm Anyways River over Easter by atleast 10. #PilotTheShip
No you're nuts.
It definitely swung rivers way and you know it.

Return to “Football”