RD 3: Lucasville Valley (4-4) @ Barnesville (5-2)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RD 3: Lucasville Valley (4-4) @ Barnesville (5-2)

Post by EasternDspy »

Rocks hammered Elgin.

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Re: RD 3: Lucasville Valley (4-4) @ Barnesville (5-2)

Post by sfForL »

Suprised to see that. ill go with the hot hand, The Rocks.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think it’ll be closer than the experts think. Looking at Elgin’s schedule they had some wins against some bad teams.

It’s hard to gauge Valley, as the 4 losses they had 2 of the 4 are still playing and the other 2 lost tonight.

As most have said Valleys schedule is probably one of the tougher ones in the Region with all D4 and D5 teams, that are pretty good. The Indians have looked really good against similar competition, but Barnesville presents a great challenge.

Valley needs to HOLD on to the football, hit the Shamrocks in the mouth, make a couple plays and see where they’re sitting in the 4th.

Good Luck Indians!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I'll take Valley again in this one. Being battle tested when your kids are so young is worth alot. Region 23 better take note cause this is year 1 of a 3 year tear. I would wager that Valley has more pure athletes on the field than any team left in R 23 the only problem is they are freshmen and sophmores this year

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

From the videos I have seen barnesville is really good. I have no clue what kind of competition they go against. If valley plays the way they did in the second half last week and don’t turn the ball over then they have a chance to win the game. Either way it’s been a good season for them and they gained a lot of experience. Not sure when they do the next recount but if valley does move down to d7 like we think they will they should have some good runs over the next few years.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good luck Indians

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Barnesville has a heck of a Qb but he tore up his shoulder late in season. He’s playing but they don’t pass. Rb #7 is fast and they have a huge FB. Fort Frye has beat them pretty bad the last few years. Barnesville has an awesome atmosphere for football I love it there.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 am Barnesville has a heck of a Qb but he tore up his shoulder late in season. He’s playing but they don’t pass. Rb #7 is fast and they have a huge FB. Fort Frye has beat them pretty bad the last few years. Barnesville has an awesome atmosphere for football I love it there.
They do have a terrific environment for Friday nights..

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Go Indians!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

This is a very winnable 3rd round game for valley

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Pulling for Valley and coach Crabtree but I feel Barnesville gets the win.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Rooting for the Indians in this one. Play hard and take care of the ball. The experience they are getting is huge for the future.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Valley has made tremendous strides this year and have set themselves up for a very fun next 2 years.

However, I'm afraid Barnesville might be the team that ends the run this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I like Barnesville to win around 30-13

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Barnesville has a good FB , QB , Rb. Those Hannahs boys are the real deal.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

River beat barnesville 27-0 i feel like valley has a chance for sure. Nobody on barneville will be the best athlete valley has seen

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Message Board Hero
Waterboy

Post by Message Board Hero »

I was able to watch Barnesville on youtube and they have a very solid team, which is what you would expect when a team is still playing this time of year. Valley will have to keep playing well defensively against the run. Barnesville looks like they want to be physical and run the football. Did not see a lot of passing stuff like I saw with Worthington Christian. As for Valley, I think this experience is very important going forward. Their young players seem to be getting better and better, and the upperclassmen are playing well. I thought that Wood, Wiley and Bowles (sp?) played very well on defense last week. The young skill players, (Nickel, Perkins, Arnett, Duncan, Metzler) keep gaining confidence each game. Was very impressed with some of the plays that were made by them last week. Those improvements will have to continue to happen for Valley to play the following week. Roll Tribe!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Valley fans- do not be surprised if this is some of the worst officiating you’ve ever seen. Barnesville is a tough place to play anyway, but the stripes usually don’t help.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Good luck to valley from this Portsmouth fan. As a young team playing against good opponents only help you down the road.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Qb Ayden Hannahs shoulder must be feeling better because he was 8/8 with 254 yards last week.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:48 am Valley fans- do not be surprised if this is some of the worst officiating you’ve ever seen. Barnesville is a tough place to play anyway, but the stripes usually don’t help.
Ohsaa is hiring the refs not the school.

Return to “Football”