RD 3: Nelsonville-York (5-2) @ Fairland (6-1)

OVC
JV Team

Re: RD 3: Nelsonville-York (5-2) @ Fairland (6-1)

Post by OVC »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm
dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:48 pm NY's coaches in the box should be ashamed of themselves.
The language that was used towards both the referees and the Fairland players on the LIvefeed was absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable.
If I was Nelsonville's AD they would be reprimanded at minimum and fired at maximum. There is NO excuse for that behavior in high school sports.
Well, when you get homered like that, you have every right to be pissed off.
It’s one thing to be pissed off. It’s another thing to yell the F’bomb 6 times and say GD about 8 times. That was unacceptable.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:51 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm Well, when you get homered like that, you have every right to be pissed off.
I don't care what the situation is. Unacceptable behavior coming from coaches.
If any other teacher was caught on tape using that kind of language, they would get fired. Football coaches shouldn't get a pass just because they lost.
Tell me you or no other kid has ever heard that language and I’ll call you a liar. One, I’m sure they didn’t know they could be heard and was in their own box and two, it’s a high emotional game that got decided on two very bad calls.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

I feel so bad for the NY kids and staff for that comeback and fight to get cheated and homered like they did! Very sad Fairland has to cheat to win!!!! Go Buckeyes!! Hold your head high. You are the team that should be moving on. Fairland don’t deserve it at all. Great call refs. Way to be homers!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:53 pm They had an int on the play before that and they called it incomplete. I truly feel sorry for Nelsonville-York. They won that game.
I couldn’t tell on the play before but the last play might be the worst PI I’ve ever seen. No one was touched

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Not to be “That guy” but I am pretty sure the OHSAA is assigning referees for playoff games.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:48 pm NY's coaches in the box should be ashamed of themselves.
The language that was used towards both the referees and the Fairland players on the LIvefeed was absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable.
If I was Nelsonville's AD they would be reprimanded at minimum and fired at maximum. There is NO excuse for that behavior in high school sports.
Posts like these are always my favorite after controversial games, they never disappoint. Hope you get that AD job someday dragonsfan24 so you can show us how it’s done :lol:

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:56 pm Tell me you or no other kid has ever heard that language and I’ll call you a liar. One, I’m sure they didn’t know they could be heard and was in their own box and two, it’s a high emotional game that got decided on two very bad calls.
Oh, I've heard that language. But again, if it was any other teacher they would be facing discipline for their actions. Coaches shouldn't get a pass.
Also, Fairland's press box isn't very big, and you can hear anyone in the next room. Additionally, they had spoke to the commentators a couple times during the game when they couldn't find the names of N-Y kids, so the "they probably didn't know" is a total crock.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

3sUp wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 pm Posts like these are always my favorite after controversial games, they never disappoint. Hope you get that AD job someday dragonsfan24 so you can show us how it’s done :lol:
I'll be sure to let you know when it happens, 3sUp.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I never blame officials but the wrong team won tonight.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Doesn’t the OHSAA assign officials during the playoffs?

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Just watched the stream. Worst pass interference call I’ve ever seen. That one would certainly be a crushing game to lose.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Fairland fans saying ANYTHING about how people react is laughable. Glass houses........😎

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

OVC wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 pm Not to be “That guy” but I am pretty sure the OHSAA is assigning referees for playoff games.
How is pointing out facts being "that guy?"
I have seen a lot of high school sports in my 34 years of life, and I still don't understand the "home cooking" argument in playoffs since the state association is the one that assigns the referees. Regular season? Maybe, but even then that argument feels like a stretch.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

How about a fairland fan telling an ny player to s$&@ his di@“? Y’all friggin garbage and it showed tonight. Film doesn’t lie 😂😂

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Gator B Long wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:11 pm Fairland fans saying ANYTHING about how people react is laughable. Glass houses........😎
Listen, I have and will call out my folks for poor behavior.
As a coach/teacher/administrator, we have a responsibility to our students and players to do better. We have to set the example and show them how to react when things don't go our way. The way those men behaved ain't it.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

How does OHSAA select officials for playoff games?

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

NY just got crushed after a hard fought comeback...

Clean INT, Game over...Buckeyes should be the Victor's...

Horrible call, Tough loss...hold the heads high Buckeyes!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Buckeyes one that game twice and was robbed

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Watched the video. Clean interception. It’s a lot like Ohio State in 2003. Bad call.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:16 pm
OVC wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 pm Not to be “That guy” but I am pretty sure the OHSAA is assigning referees for playoff games.
How is pointing out facts being "that guy?"
I have seen a lot of high school sports in my 34 years of life, and I still don't understand the "home cooking" argument in playoffs since the state association is the one that assigns the referees. Regular season? Maybe, but even then that argument feels like a stretch.
Dude, then you have to explain the two calls that allowed Fairland to win. Literally the only thing they did on that last drive was make a field goal which was a heck of a kick by that girl (shout out to her) but the interception that “hit the ground” and that PI call, come on man.

And just FYI, I’m completely neutral because Trimble and NY are heated rivals and I never complain about refs because I think you shouldn’t leave it in the refs hands to decide anyways, but in the playoffs you know you’re going to have close games and worthless calls like these are ashame.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.

Return to “Football”