Round 3 Archbishop McNicholas (5-2) at Waverly (7-0)

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Round 3 Archbishop McNicholas (5-2) at Waverly (7-0)

Post by MasterOfNone »

football87 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:41 am
RothGGProducer wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:37 pm 740 Zone did a quick story on McNicholas if any Waverly fans want to hear from their coach. New QB for playoffs.
I expected their team to look bigger considering how good their D is. They just looked small... Waverly by 20
You can have a good D and not be big. They can have speed, quickness and strength and be good defensively but still not look physically appealing. I’m sure they have good technique and don’t miss many tackles. As well as having the knowledge and being well prepared mentally by the coaching staff. Now I’m not saying Waverly won’t be able to score, because when their offense is in a groove it’s very hard to stop consistently. But the eye test of small or big doesn’t tell me much about a team until I get to see them actually play.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:33 pm
RothGGProducer wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:37 pm 740 Zone did a quick story on McNicholas if any Waverly fans want to hear from their coach. New QB for playoffs.
I expected their team to look bigger considering how good their D is. They just looked small... Waverly by 20
You can have a good D and not be big. They can have speed, quickness and strength and be good defensively but still not look physically appealing. I’m sure they have good technique and don’t miss many tackles. As well as having the knowledge and being well prepared mentally by the coaching staff. Now I’m not saying Waverly won’t be able to score, because when their offense is in a groove it’s very hard to stop consistently. But the eye test of small or big doesn’t tell me much about a team until I get to see them actually play.
Definitely agree with what you say. I just expected to see bigger and maybe look more athletic..if that makes sense.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

football87 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:24 pm

Definitely agree with what you say. I just expected to see bigger and maybe look more athletic..if that makes sense.
Yeah I get what you are saying. You get a certain predetermined image of what you think they look like just based off their stats. Just by looking at them they don’t appear like they would have a stout D.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Yeah I get what you are saying. You get a certain predetermined image of what you think they look like just based off their stats. Just by looking at them they don’t appear like they would have a stout D.
I honestly felt the same way. Even seeing them at field level and they weren’t overly impressive.

Then, about 3 plays into the game, it was pretty obvious why their D was so solid.

I’m taking Waverly 28-20

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Tigers 17 McNick 14. A drop kick field goal for the win?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 pm

I honestly felt the same way. Even seeing them at field level and they weren’t overly impressive.

Then, about 3 plays into the game, it was pretty obvious why their D was so solid.

I’m taking Waverly 28-20
How would you compare them to Wheelersburg or Jackson?

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Just like every other team Waverly has played they are gonna focus on either Futhey or Wolf, and the other one will go off. Not to mention Brown, Morrison and Stulley sneaking in big plays every week.

How is their D Line? I am still impressed by the push our O Line gets on just about every run play.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Omega wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:09 pm Tigers 17 McNick 14. A drop kick field goal for the win?

That would be absolutely wild

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take the tigers in this one but next week is the end if the line

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

packers80 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:52 pm I'll take the tigers in this one but next week is the end if the line
Not even looking to next week - Just win tomorrow night. Worry about next week on Sunday.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:14 pm
packers80 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:52 pm I'll take the tigers in this one but next week is the end if the line
Not even looking to next week - Just win tomorrow night. Worry about next week on Sunday.
Don’t sweat it. Blowout coming tomorrow night
Last edited by mlittle on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

You do realize that if you personally look forward to next week it won’t affect tomorrow’s game, right?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:16 pm
You do realize that if you personally look forward to next week it won’t affect tomorrow’s game, right?
Right, me personally. But I was talking about the team (players & coaches) not worrying about or looking ahead to next week - ONE THING FOCUSED ON AND THAT IS MCNICHOLAS TONIGHT. I’m sure they get on here and read this stuff so they can’t get sidetracked and lose focus..

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:56 am

Right, me personally. But I was talking about the team (players & coaches) not worrying about or looking ahead to next week - ONE THING FOCUSED ON AND THAT IS MCNICHOLAS TONIGHT. I’m sure they get on here and read this stuff so they can’t get sidetracked and lose focus..
I’m just messing with you obvi!! Good luck tonight sir! I’ll be wearing my Waverly tee shirt under my Unioto hoodie tonight

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:11 am
smurray wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:56 am

I’m just messing with you obvi!! Good luck tonight sir! I’ll be wearing my Waverly tee shirt under my Unioto hoodie tonight
6E58BF3E-F9C0-4A73-9DA0-7B55B0DD6FD0.jpeg

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

If ball control, soundness and fundamentals by McNick hold up they win by 7. If Waverly has success against the Rocket Db's they win by 21. We'll see tonight.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

football87 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:02 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 pm

I’m taking Waverly 28-20
How would you compare them to Wheelersburg or Jackson?
Better than both, Jackson did not impress me this year and burg is good but I would take Mcnicholas over both those teams. But I do feel like with the injuries they have this year their offense isn’t very explosive. Not counting the series before half when they just took a knee we stopped them 4 times and gave up 4 scores. On at least two of those drives we had them 3 and long and couldn’t get off the field. With your pass attack if you can hit them quick and get the lead by few scores I don’t think they can get back in the game. If they hold you early then they have a better chance to run and keep your guys off the field. Hope your wide outs cover it up fast after the catch. They don’t go away from cover 2 at all so you will be able to call plays and get guys the ball but their two safeties are very fast and hit hard. I also think they can keep you one dimensional cause they will stop your run with 6 guys. Just have to make plays when they are there to make and hold onto the ball and you will be fine

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Pregame interview from McNichs head coach

https://m.soundcloud.com/tsfootball/pre ... ndo-102320

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As it probably will be for all area teams except Ironton.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good luck Tigers

Return to “Football”