Just for fun

TIGERSFAN08
Waterboy

Just for fun

Post by TIGERSFAN08 »

Just for fun don’t nobody get bent all out shape. But what Would you think about ironton dropping Russell, burg and Ashland JUST FOR ONE SEASON and maybe pick up stubenville, sycamore again and st v. What do you think irontons record would be against these 3 teams.

AGAIN ALL FOR FUN NOBODY SAID WE WAS SCHEDULING THEM.

Chief02
Varsity

Re: Just for fun

Post by Chief02 »

Hmmmmm. Interesting

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

They could schedule Hartley and cut half of the drive to two of those three schools. Curious how the Hawks have been absent from Ironton’s schedule in recent years, given that they’ll play anyone and anywhere.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I believe the 3 teams we play already present enough of a challenege honestly but i wouldnt mind dropping russell and replacing them with a team like Jonathan alder, trotwood madison, or desales someone in D3 that always wins a few games

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:34 pm They could schedule Hartley and cut half of the drive to two of those three schools. Curious how the Hawks have been absent from Ironton’s schedule in recent years, given that they’ll play anyone and anywhere.
Id love to see Hartley desales or alder on the schedule
When i played at ironton our schedule had
D2 olentangy liberty
D1 Logan
D2 chillicothe
D2 marrieta
D2 zanesville
D1 st. Thomas more
D3 jackson
D3 gallia Academy

I dont remember people complai3 as much when we played those teams as they do now when you schedule up

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:40 pm I believe the 3 teams we play already present enough of a challenege honestly but i wouldnt mind dropping russell and replacing them with a team like Jonathan alder, trotwood madison, or desales someone in D3 that always wins a few games
Yeah, and I like hypotheticals as much as the next guy. I think, though, the talk of hypothetical SVSM and Steubenville matchups are just big “uh, who knows???” that are hard to build much discussion around. SVSM is kind of a shell of its former self, and Steubenville has been somewhat down lately by Steubenville standards. And I just don’t know what exactly a win over any would really say about Ironton. Good win, but maybe not necessarily an eye-opener? Kind of how I feel about the Sycamore win.

An Ironton vs DeSales/Hartley or Alder/Sheridan, or even a Lancaster or Reynoldsburg would tell us a lot more about the Tigers. JMO

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:54 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:40 pm I believe the 3 teams we play already present enough of a challenege honestly but i wouldnt mind dropping russell and replacing them with a team like Jonathan alder, trotwood madison, or desales someone in D3 that always wins a few games
Yeah, and I like hypotheticals as much as the next guy. I think, though, the talk of hypothetical SVSM and Steubenville matchups are just big “uh, who knows???” that are hard to build much discussion around. SVSM is kind of a shell of its former self, and Steubenville has been somewhat down lately by Steubenville standards. And I just don’t know what exactly a win over any would really say about Ironton. Good win, but maybe not necessarily an eye-opener? Kind of how I feel about the Sycamore win.

An Ironton vs DeSales/Hartley or Alder/Sheridan, or even a Lancaster or Reynoldsburg would tell us a lot more about the Tigers. JMO
I agree for sure those teamd mentioned would say a lot more about where ironton is at this year and over the next two would be the time to play them. Ironrons whole offenseive line is back next year minus the center and alot of the skiled position guys will be too. But im pretty sure we have jackson on the schedule next year

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Also of the teams you mentioned for some reason i would want to play reynoldsburg the least lol

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:54 pm

I agree for sure those teamd mentioned would say a lot more about where ironton is at this year and over the next two would be the time to play them. Ironrons whole offenseive line is back next year minus the center and alot of the skiled position guys will be too. But im pretty sure we have jackson on the schedule next year
If us high school football fans could have a “return” policy, I know I would trade in the previous Hartley/Ironton matchups just for a regular season game this year or next year.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

One year we beat them regular season and should have in the regional finals but id rather not talk about that lol.. but i would li e to see them play this year or next

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Throw in a few smaller schools too

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Look for Russell to be dropped for Jackson,stay tunned

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:40 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:34 pm They could schedule Hartley and cut half of the drive to two of those three schools. Curious how the Hawks have been absent from Ironton’s schedule in recent years, given that they’ll play anyone and anywhere.
Id love to see Hartley desales or alder on the schedule
When i played at ironton our schedule had
D2 olentangy liberty
D1 Logan
D2 chillicothe
D2 marrieta
D2 zanesville
D1 st. Thomas more
D3 jackson
D3 gallia Academy

I dont remember people complai3 as much when we played those teams as they do now when you schedule up

2021 Jackson/Ironton will play for real. No longer a scrimmage but will be for a W-L........not that this matters a I-Town thread but Jackson 5game non-conference is as follow:

Logan
Western Brown
Ironton
Licking Valley
Tha Burg

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:18 am Look for Russell to be dropped for Jackson,stay tunned

It’s already happened. Well Jackson on the schedule that is. Now if Ashland was dropped to add Jackson I don’t know that. But Jackson and Ironton Will play for real in 2021

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 am
Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:18 am Look for Russell to be dropped for Jackson,stay tunned

It’s already happened. Well Jackson on the schedule that is. Now if Ashland was dropped to add Jackson I don’t know that. But Jackson and Ironton Will play for real in 2021
This is great for both programs! Good for them. Both will benefit from this. Now let us pray that fans can actually attend at full capacity

Watching SE Ohio basketball
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Russell is not bad at all i would rather just play 1 kentuckt school though and id rather it be ashland or johnson central maybe

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Mr Carrico graduates

Better not overschedule

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am Mr Carrico graduates

Better not overschedule
Ironton has a whole lot coming back the next two year cant build a schedule around 1 person anyways thats not how you build a state contender

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:37 am

This is great for both programs! Good for them. Both will benefit from this. Now let us pray that fans can actually attend at full capacity

I agree 100%!!!! It was just a matter of time before Hall and Pendleton made sure this game became 4qrters and meant something. It’s only fitting that all three Jackson/Ironton/Burg play each other every year. SEO football at its best!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 am

Russell is not bad at all i would rather just play 1 kentuckt school though and id rather it be ashland or johnson central maybe

Johnson Central is typically good year in and year out. Good football there for sure. Ashland maybe would be more of the rivalry type feel and game. Has Ironton and Johnson Central ever had series or anything ??

Return to “Football”