NY at Fairland PI Call

Realist
Freshman Team

Re: NY at Fairland PI Call

Post by Realist »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:45 am Oh my, at least from that angle it looks like a terrible call. I say that because I don't know how the view looked like from behind the play but I didn't see the WR alter during the course of the play. Unfortunately this is the play everyone will remember but how many other times had they made this play or that play that would've kept it from being this close? Let me ask that would've only been half the distance of the goal what happened the next play??
I think it put them in FG range and they kicked it for the win.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tough one

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Realist wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:12 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:45 am Oh my, at least from that angle it looks like a terrible call. I say that because I don't know how the view looked like from behind the play but I didn't see the WR alter during the course of the play. Unfortunately this is the play everyone will remember but how many other times had they made this play or that play that would've kept it from being this close? Let me ask that would've only been half the distance of the goal what happened the next play??
I think it put them in FG range and they kicked it for the win.
Thanks, didn't know if it was a field goal or TD for the win at the end.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCKS wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:16 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:30 am Even the announcers thought it was clean. Said the penalty was because defender spiked the ball after the play.
If that's the call game over Ny Wins

My point was even they announcers thought it was a clean interception. Total BS Call

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 am
dilligaf wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:49 am Not every call is gonna be the right call and there’s always going to be calls that are questionable. It’s always going to happen as long as sports are played. Chalk this up as a W for Fairland and on to next week
This was not questionable at all
That goes back to the first part of “not every call is gonna be the right call.” NY isn’t the first team to get screwed but we move on
“we move on”? hmm. I wondered just which ovc you went to. 😂

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Had to be the grass field that cost nelsonville york the game

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Should have never gotten to that second throw because the first one in the end zone was picked off. That ball came no where near the ground. Hit the player right in the middle of the stomach.

On a side note though, hats off to the young lady kicking the biggest FG of her life. She would have probably made it from 30 yards.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Paulcrew wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:31 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 am
dilligaf wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 am

This was not questionable at all
That goes back to the first part of “not every call is gonna be the right call.” NY isn’t the first team to get screwed but we move on
“we move on”? hmm. I wondered just which ovc you went to. 😂
Yeah it’s all against/for the mighty OVC. It happens everywhere, not just there

6O HORN3TS 🐝
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Seriously, by far, the worst calls in a drive I’ve ever seen. NY won that ball game twice that drive. Kirtland80, you’re right, there have been some bad calls in every game, but don’t you think OHSAA would pick the best of the best for playoff games?? Feel so bad for NY after battling back and going up a point with hardly any time left and get homered by a call like that. Just shows how tough them SEO kids are. Nothing they can do now because the game is over, but hopefully OHSAA will look at this and make that clown at least go get his eyes checked. Unacceptable.

Keep your heads up NY. You’re young. Bounce back.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:27 am Should have never gotten to that second throw because the first one in the end zone was picked off. That ball came no where near the ground. Hit the player right in the middle of the stomach.

On a side note though, hats off to the young lady kicking the biggest FG of her life. She would have probably made it from 30 yards.
Maybe if ny didn't give up a 40yd pass to allow fairland a chance to throw it into the end zone then ny could've won.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:48 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:27 am Should have never gotten to that second throw because the first one in the end zone was picked off. That ball came no where near the ground. Hit the player right in the middle of the stomach.

Maybe if ny didn't give up a 40yd pass to allow fairland a chance to throw it into the end zone then ny could've won.

WTAF does that have to do with the two interceptions? I believe those clowns would have made those calls had they been at the 20. Both interceptions were legit. Both were taken away by bad calls.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:48 am Maybe if ny didn't give up a 40yd pass to allow fairland a chance to throw it into the end zone then ny could've won.
NY picked off Fairland twice on the last drive

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I dont want to bash refs but this year i have seen a ton of very questionable and boneheaded calls. Last night for example liberty union lines up on kickoff, kicks the ball out of bounds no flags were thrown they placed the ball where it went out of bounds at Ridgewood then lines up to run their play the ref blows the whistle and then moves the ball to the 35??

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Dragon70 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:24 am But watch the body language of the back db after he makes contact with wr shoulder.
Yeah we heard all the fbombing on tbevyoutube live! The coaches in the box and on the field are a disgrace to
your high school. Bad calls happen but acting a fool and wanting to fight is not the answer! Do better NY Buckeyes!!

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:17 am Unbelievable. Ref had to be anticipating contact, but I don’t see anything. Would be a sickening feeling to lose a playoff game in that fashion*
You’ve just nailed THE biggest issue/problem with high school officials today. They are terrible at making “anticipated” calls and/or calls they “think” they saw....it’s getting worse by the year. That’s on the the worst I’ve ever seen.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

osumufan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:44 am Yeah we heard all the fbombing on tbevyoutube live! The coaches in the box and on the field are a disgrace to
your high school. Bad calls happen but acting a fool and wanting to fight is not the answer! Do better NY Buckeyes!!
That wasn’t a NY coach. That was media

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:51 am
osumufan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:44 am Yeah we heard all the fbombing on tbevyoutube live! The coaches in the box and on the field are a disgrace to
That wasn’t a NY coach. That was media
My apologies but the media wasn't on the field wanting to fight!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

osumufan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:54 am My apologies but the media wasn't on the field wanting to fight!
Fairland fans trying to fight players like they do every year :lol:

One day Fairland will run their mouths to the wrong fan base. Fairland tries to bully other areas. It’s sad

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Guess we will just forget about the group of people in the end zone waiting on our boys and trying to fight them. People complaining about coaches cussing in the booth must have never set near a booth before.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:53 am
Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:48 am

WTAF does that have to do with the two interceptions? I believe those clowns would have made those calls had they been at the 20. Both interceptions were legit. Both were taken away by bad calls.
You're right, I'll go back to it must've been the grass field.

Return to “Football”