RD: 4 - Harvest Prep 14 Ironton 21

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: RD: 4 - Harvest Prep (7-1) @ Ironton (8-0)

Post by Raider6309 »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:08 pm Harvest Prep lost to Columbus Academy in week 2 and came back and beat Columbus Academy on Saturday night. I do not remember Trimble playing and beating Columbus Academy.
My bad. I thought Harvest Prep lost to Berne Union

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Harvest Prep vs. Ironton Prep 😂😂😂. This should get a rise out of them

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

XandOs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:45 pm Harvest Prep vs. Ironton Prep 😂😂😂. This should get a rise out of them
[/quote

Get a rise out of who, troll? Your post is laughable at best. :lol:
Last edited by frankie on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:19 pm
bsee12345 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:08 pm Harvest Prep lost to Columbus Academy in week 2 and came back and beat Columbus Academy on Saturday night. I do not remember Trimble playing and beating Columbus Academy.
LOL, I wish.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Private schools have no business playing public schools in the playoffs.

Out of curiosity can someone explain to me how CB works. I know prep was in D7 the past couple yrs. even beat green in the playoffs in 2018. My question is how do u jump from D7 to D5

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 pm I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Private schools have no business playing public schools in the playoffs.

Out of curiosity can someone explain to me how CB works. I know prep was in D7 the past couple yrs. even beat green in the playoffs in 2018. My question is how do u jump from D7 to D5
:lol:
Classic. Coming from a Wheelersburg fan

But I'll agree. Neither do public schools that recruit like Wheelersburg and Ironton.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 pm I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Private schools have no business playing public schools in the playoffs.
Then give me my tax dollars going to the construction of new public school football stadiums back. Or, maybe the public schools can break off and form their own state tournament. (Won't happen, though. For every public school representative that thinks it is a good idea, there are eight - who know better - that say how bad of an idea it is.)
Early on in the competitive balance saga, a school could only move up one division based on CBP adjustments for students who didn’t attend the grade school designated by the high school to be the “feeder.” The rule changed a couple years ago so that a school would move up another division on competitive balance if the EMIS (regular enrollment numbers) + CBP summed to a final number in the divisional threshold, as well as enabling a team to move up two over one offseason if the CBP numbers called for it. Cleveland Benedictine was the first one to move up another division on that first rule change. Harvest Prep is the first one to actually move up two divisions over one off-season on CBP numbers alone.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Against any other tough and physical Division V team, HP would likely win. Against this Ironton team, though? Nah. This Ironton team is a generational force. HP may be able to keep some parts of the game interesting and worth-watching, better than any team Ironton has played to this point (sans Sycamore?) But, Ironton's an easy 14 point favorite in this game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:55 pm

:lol:
Classic. Coming from a Wheelersburg fan

But I'll agree. Neither do public schools that recruit like Wheelersburg and Ironton.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:00 pm
Then give me my tax dollars going to the construction of new public school football stadiums back. Or, maybe the public schools can break off and form their own state tournament. (Won't happen, though. For every public school representative that thinks it is a good idea, there are eight - who know better - that say how bad of an idea it is.)
Early on in the competitive balance saga, a school could only move up one division based on CBP adjustments for students who didn’t attend the grade school designated by the high school to be the “feeder.” The rule changed a couple years ago so that a school would move up another division on competitive balance if the EMIS (regular enrollment numbers) + CBP summed to a final number in the divisional threshold, as well as enabling a team to move up two over one offseason if the CBP numbers called for it. Cleveland Benedictine was the first one to move up another division on that first rule change. Harvest Prep is the first one to actually move up two divisions over one off-season on CBP numbers alone.
Bishop Hartley has moved up 2 divisions also but they did it in a span of 2 years

Burg grad 85
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:00 pm Trimble steam rolled the team that beat Harvest Prep. Ironton should win big
What? Who?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:19 pm
Never mind. :lol: Night shift killing me. My eyes need more rest. :lol:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:08 am
Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am
Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:09 am

Parochial school I believe
Waterford played them last year in DVII
They've bounced Waterford in a couple different sports before competitive balance
They also bring a ton of fans.
Well, about 6
Dear harvest prep fans I’ll take a couple tickets if you don’t use them lol. I just want to go to a playoff game

After I got to this post it all clicked.

I’ve got them confused with CANAL FULTON NORTHWEST from perusing joeeitel.com.

I’ve been gone from Ironton really since 1986, but with a four & a 1/2 year return in 1992-ish To open the now DeFunct Damon’s restaurant in the AshLand Town Center, & an opportunity to help my ill parents at once.

I then left quickly to FL in 1996/97, so opponents have drastically changed!

Many new names!

Anyway, I’m just an old SEOAL/OKAC fighting tiger era fan. So some of these schools I know, sound familiar, while others I don’t have a clue.

Gone are the days of DeSales, Sheridan, & St. Clairsville in the playoffs, but now here comes the Privateers early on in the playoffs.

Didn’t use to see the likes of that until ASVSM and the finals! (Private schools).

Now there’s new powers I’ve not heard of like Waterford, Trimble, & Fort Frye, in smaller schools often referred to on here & newer acquaintances like Ridgewood & Kirtland!

Great new traditions I suppose & Great teams these past few years I’m learning of!

Just know what I do, but I’m catching on!

What I know for sure is I am darn proud of FighTing Tiger football & about 100 people I work with all know to wish the tigers good luck on a Thursday & ask if the tigers got the “W” on a Sunday before-/after my days off.

Love the Tigers!

#GoTgo

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Spoken like a true fan.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tigers can name the score again this week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:53 am I’ll take Ironton in a hard hittin, helmet splittin, good ole fashion good one. All pain endured by Ironton of course. Ironton big 42-16. The city folk go home praying they don’t draw the Tigers again next year.
that's awesome beast. you da man. this made me grin. I needed this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:30 pm Seeing some comments that I want to address/clarify on HP...

World Harvest Church is one of the most notable megachurches in Ohio, with practice in the pentecostal tradition. They have two educational ministries: Valor Christian College and, more notably, Harvest Preparatory School. If anyone familiar with the Cincinnati area knows the Solid Rock Church (the "Touchdown Jesus" statue along I-75 in Monroe), WHC is larger than that. Situated on the furthest east edge possible of Columbus, the school primarily draws from its massive congregation but the admissions office doors are open to anyone interested in attending.

Next point, the bottom quote relates to
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am Yep. Kids tuition is paid by “sponsors”. Typical private school. Can bring in anyone they want to play for them.
HP's tuition from the start is really low. And what enables many kids to attend is the EdChoice scholarship program, which is the state's guaranteed funding of kids' private school tuition. Some of you know EdChoice better as the mechanism enabling more students to attend Notre Dame Schools than otherwise possible if their parents were expected to pay full tuition.

Vast majority of HP kids are in the Columbus, Groveport-Madison districts with an occasional few from the Whitehall-Yearling district. And I feel comfortable in saying kids who attend HP do so because of the school's environment. Sports is a plus, but HP kids are there for all of the "right" reasons. If everyone reading this had the choice between sending their kid to Columbus Independence or Harvest Prep, they would be sending them to HP. Secure, faith-centered environment. You look at HP's football team and you see kids that everyday stay above, which is commendable.

I reject the idea that they're a "typical private school." They're just the only one where people's projections and beliefs about private schools actually come to truth.
that's an awesome read fan, thanks for sharing this. filled ole bait's heart.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dang good question doggie, I too thought they were as well. I'd love to hear how this happens.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironton has plenty of speed and athleticism to match (or near match) that of Harvest Prep.

Ironton's line will cause serious problems in the HP backfield.

Carrico best player on field by a lot.

Ironton 45
HP 10

Watching SE Ohio basketball
SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Trimble matched and outlasted the speed of Prep 2 years ago. I'd imagine Ironton will do just about anything they want to with them this week. Ironton by a few scores- probably a running clock.

Return to “Football”