D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

Kirtland80
All State

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by Kirtland80 »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:04 pm I hate to be this guy... but...

I really think Ridgewood wins this game with #2. Ridgewood dominated the first half outside of two plays. Then Ironton was able to tire out the defense in the second half and figured out that power formation. No offense to be had for wood in the second half. Unfortunately we will never know, congrats to the tigers for advancing and congrats WOOD on another great season. WOOD TRAIN FOREVER
Then don’t be that guy lol. Injuries are part of the game unfortunately

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I really think Ridgewood wins this game with #2. Ridgewood dominated the first half outside of two plays. Then Ironton was able to tire out the defense in the second half and figured out that power formation. No offense to be had for wood in the second half. Unfortunately we will never know, congrats to the tigers for advancing and congrats WOOD on another great season. WOOD TRAIN FOREVER
It’s possible.
But IRONTON ONLY played enough to win 1Half & let WLR momentum dictate. -edited-.

Worst first half of the season for.IHS, very uninspired & tentative.
NORMALLY, The IHS you got 2nd half is what you get entire game at this point in season.

They played tentative to see WLR adjustment without Tingle & then flexed.

MARCH ON TIGERS...
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

What a game!!

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on the win and congratulations to Ridgewood on another great year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:08 pm

It’s possible.
But IRONTON played enough just to win.
That’s because they played a great team. Congrats to ironton. Played smart football tonight.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:32 pm If Tingle doesnt play I see Ironton taking this 17-7.. lots of people prediciting Ironton to score higher but Ridgewoods D will make them earn every inch. Plus Ridegwood may decide to stay on the ground more this week if Tingle really is out, keeping Irontons O off the field more
Nailed it lol

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Regional champs
final 4.
Two years in a row!!
What a turnaround!!!

4Q from here on out tigers.
1st half Ironton cannot make any appearances.

WLR was fired up 1st half & IHS stepped back and played to tentatively, almost waiting for things to happen.

Coach Pendleton had a little chat & regional champs showed up and dominated from 3Q on...

#GoTgo
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:11 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:32 pm If Tingle doesnt play I see Ironton taking this 17-7.. lots of people prediciting Ironton to score higher but Ridgewoods D will make them earn every inch. Plus Ridegwood may decide to stay on the ground more this week if Tingle really is out, keeping Irontons O off the field more
Nailed it lol
Good call!

Preach the TRUTH!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:11 pm
Nailed it lol
Good call. I had it at 17-14. But in the end it was carrico being carrico.

jpemb32
Waterboy

Post by jpemb32 »

Run your D1 players and control ball and you win the championship. If we would’ve run Carrico you wear them down first half and break more you touchdowns

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

It’s possible.
But IRONTON played enough to win.
The IHS you got 2nd half is what you usually get entire game.

MARCH ON TIGERS...

Did you watch it down there in FL....????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Tigers and good luck next week. Great game to watch. Very competitive.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

jpemb32 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:28 pm Run your D1 players and control ball and you win the championship. If we would’ve run Carrico you wear them down first half and break more you touchdowns
Possibly but I wouldn’t guarantee that if I were you

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:36 pm

It’s possible.
But IRONTON played enough to win.
The IHS you got 2nd half is what you usually get entire game.

MARCH ON TIGERS...

Did you watch it down there in FL....????
Yep! YouTube on the flat!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just like last week, Woods D kept them in the game till halftime and wore out being on the field almost the whole 2nd half. Wood had no offense again this week w/o Tingle at the helm. Ironton's offense will have to be more varied and have some wrinkles thrown in the next two games because Roger Bacon and Kirtland will put the ball in the endzone on offense. Now it gets very interesting . 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:46 pm
jpemb32 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:28 pm Run your D1 players and control ball and you win the championship. If we would’ve run Carrico you wear them down first half and break more you touchdowns
Possibly but I wouldn’t guarantee that if I were you
IHS has held off on that since the cincy game & all playoff games mostly utilizing Carrico as blocking back & getting the W without it all being Carrico on the ground.

Trying to be more balanced air/ground. Letting that talented backfield get some various touches.

I’m still waiting for them to use a few more of the talented backs on special designed plays.

Time to step it up like WLR had to do to stay in the game tonight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Tigers on your playoff win over Ridgewood.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:20 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:30 am Im pretty sure Tingle will be playing tonight maybe not 100 percent but good enough to go.
Glad it wasnt a serious injury!
It was a pretty serious injury. Dislocated his collar bone at the sternum. It went inside the sternum. Posterior sc dislocation. Look it up. Nasty injury.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

It’s possible.
But IRONTON ONLY played enough to win 1Half & let WLR momentum dictate. -edited-.

The IHS you got 2nd half is what you get entire game.

MARCH ON TIGERS...
Ridgewoods defense stopped Ironton in the first half I would give all the credit to Woods defense you have to admit they were good so I wouldn't take anything away from that D

Burg grad 85
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Raycharles wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:06 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:30 am Im pretty sure Tingle will be playing tonight maybe not 100 percent but good enough to go.
It was a pretty serious injury. Dislocated his collar bone at the sternum. It went inside the sternum. Posterior sc dislocation. Look it up. Nasty injury.
Yes. Tingles injury was significant. Think he had surgery on Thursday. Kept it off the forums for obvious reasons, but no one wanted to be on the field more than that young man. Looking forward to one more year with #2... then you may not see us this deep in the playoffs for awhile. Just wish injuries were never apart of the game.

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:13 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:06 pm

Yes. Tingles injury was significant. Think he had surgery on Thursday. Kept it off the forums for obvious reasons, but no one wanted to be on the field more than that young man. Looking forward to one more year with #2... then you may not see us this deep in the playoffs for awhile. Just wish injuries were never apart of the game.
I would’ve preferred Tingle to play tonight & prayers have been going up for him.
It would’ve elevated both teams play.
Injuries happen to most teams eventually and it’s heartbreaking.

My good friends grandson back in Ironton starts for Ironton line and has been in & out last few games.
A couple other, lineman and offensive backs playing gimped up too, but on we go..

Return to “Football”