D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by GoBigI »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:26 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Still don’t think he’s in carricos arena. He may get there but right now I think he’s a bit behind
Carter has one thing going for him that Carrico didn’t at his age, he gets to work with and learn from Carrico for 2 years before becoming just a junior. Carter also has 2 years to grow. He’s listed at 6’2” 195 and I’d say he’s every bit of that now. He’s certainly not Carrico just yet, but he’d start at RB on every other team in the area as a sophomore.
We don’t have a Carrico, or a Carter either sounds like. We love our Sullivan brothers though. Mason FB and Gage WR. Keep Carter in the weight room and he will do just fine. Strength/conditioning is #1. Our D line was inexperienced at the start of the season but they were in the weight room the very next morning after last year’s championship game with no days off
The Sullivan boys are the real deal. Carrico and Carter are nowhere near all that Ironton has to offer. The same goes for the Sullivan brothers, Kirtland has many weapons to get the job done.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:41 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:26 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm

Carter has one thing going for him that Carrico didn’t at his age, he gets to work with and learn from Carrico for 2 years before becoming just a junior. Carter also has 2 years to grow. He’s listed at 6’2” 195 and I’d say he’s every bit of that now. He’s certainly not Carrico just yet, but he’d start at RB on every other team in the area as a sophomore.
We don’t have a Carrico, or a Carter either sounds like. We love our Sullivan brothers though. Mason FB and Gage WR. Keep Carter in the weight room and he will do just fine. Strength/conditioning is #1. Our D line was inexperienced at the start of the season but they were in the weight room the very next morning after last year’s championship game with no days off
The Sullivan boys are the real deal. Carrico and Carter are nowhere near all that Ironton has to offer. The same goes for the Sullivan brothers, Kirtland has many weapons to get the job done.
Yeah they are very good but they’re not D1 players. I will say, you have us beat in that category. We have great players but no big name players. The guys we have just execute to near perfection, live in the weight room and believe that if they play to their capabilities on every play, they will win the game. The are confident, I will give them that
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Sullivan is very similar to carrico big physical kid with speed punishes you on both sides of the ball he is just as good at running the ball as carrico and if he is behind on defense its not by much. And his brother the WR is an animal period.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:55 pm Sullivan is very similar to carrico big physical kid with speed punishes you on both sides of the ball he is just as good at running the ball as carrico and if he is behind on defense its not by much. And his brother the WR is an animal period.
He is awesome. Has accounted for 13 TD’s the last 3 games. I’d still have to give the edge to Carrico. Yes Gage has super glue for hands. He doesn’t miss much that comes his way whether it’s overthrown a little, one handed, diving catch, etc.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I hope #33 is back for Ironton this week Pretty sure he missed the ridgewood and Harvest prep game

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Just hope we both advance and stay healthy. Every week I have said we are one week closer to the rematch. Well, if we both can do it one more time, the stage is set. Nothing is 100% yet though. Good luck to both and hopefully they are clean, injury free games

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Roger Bacon noteables:

QB1 Logan Huber. 6ft4 180
199.3 QBR
Can move and make plays outside the pocket. Has decent arm strength. His strength is he is accurate. Makes good
decisions. 75% completion average. He doesn't throw picks.

RB1 Corey Kiner as of now per Ohssa records - Kiner is 11th all time in total rushing yards.
3rd all time in rushing td's.
3rd all time in total tds
LSU commit & the Bayou is real high on the kid. Like Carrico, Kiner is elite.

D & O lineman Malaki Johnson is a disrupter. Senior. 6ft2 290. Fast. Has a nice wing span. He has enough speed to get out on the edge and he can block and he can get to 2nd level on his blocks. Good tackler. Physical.

Standouts that are supported by a solid mix of talent. RB has good size and speed. The kids are smart and well coached. With a qb thats accurate and a stud back to help establish a balance a kid that makes good decisions can find a rhythmn on ya. Ironton will have to play honest on defense and tackle well. Gotta try to limit penalties. If they get chances they can put up points. Ironton has to establish their edge in physicality up front. If Bacon can match it, we may be in for a classic. If not Ironton wears down the Bacon fronts & by mid 3rd quarter, early 4th, it starts to become too much. All around Wood may be better, but Roger Bacon is more explosive and can change the momentum in a blink.

Ironton is on the road.

Closer than expected:

Ironton 28
Roger Bacon 20
Attachments
EXwAYYLXgAMzuza.jpeg

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:51 pm Roger Bacon noteables:

199.3 QBR
Can move and make plays outside the pocket. Has decent arm strength. His strength is he is accurate. Makes good

RB1 Corey Kiner as of now per Ohssa records - Kiner is 11th all time in total rushing yards.

D & O lineman Malaki Johnson is a disrupter. Senior. 6ft2 290. Fast. Has a nice wing span. He has enough speed to get out on the edge and he can block and he can get to 2nd level on his blocks. Good tackler. Physical.

Standouts that are supported by a solid mix of talent. RB has good size and speed. The kids are smart and well coached. With a qb thats accurate and a stud back to help establish a balance a kid that makes good decisions can find a rhythmn on ya. Ironton will have to play honest on defense and tackle well. Gotta try to limit penalties. If they get chances they can put up points. Ironton has to establish their edge in physicality up front. If Bacon can match it, we may be in for a classic. If not Ironton wears down the Bacon fronts & by mid 3rd quarter, early 4th, it starts to become too much. All around Wood may be better, but Roger Bacon is more explosive and can change the momentum in a blink.

Ironton is on the road.

Closer than expected:

Ironton 28
Roger Bacon 20
They haven’t done anything to impress me. I know Kiner is good, but those were scrub defenses in the video he was running on. The only quality win they have is against Versailles, and we see how close that was. He got 2 good runs on them and Versailles made adjustments and he never got another one the whole game. They could have easily lost that game had things not went their way. Had Versailles snatched one of the 5 fumbles, I think this would be Ironton vs Versailles. I think Ironton is heads and shoulders better than Versailles. I think Ironton wins by multiple scores. Maybe I’m wrong but V is for sure their only statement win. R20, to me, was weak with the exception of Bacon and V, and I’m not completely convinced those 2 weren’t. From my standpoint it was R19, R17, R18, R20 in that order (other teams in R17 may disagree with us being in there but we didn’t have to play ourselves.) The next best team other than V that they beat is ranked 199th in the state on Preps. V was 130. Ironton is 49. Their opponents in the regular season were a combined 29-36. They didn’t get to rolling on 3 loss 199th ranked Shawnee until the second quarter and got nothing in the 1st and 4th. I wouldn’t underestimate them by any means, but from what I see and have watched, I don’t see Ironton losing or not winning by a few scores. Calpreps has Ironton by 12. I like them by 14 maybe more
Attachments
7F2FB97D-EC4C-4450-9F6C-D0FB1FCC4459.png

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:33 am

199.3 QBR

Ironton is on the road.

Closer than expected:

Ironton 28
Roger Bacon 20
They haven’t done anything to impress me. I know Kiner is good, but those were scrub defenses in the video he was running on. The only quality win they have is against Versailles, and we see how close that was. He got 2 good runs on them and Versailles made adjustments and he never got another one the whole game. They could have easily lost that game had things not went their way. Had Versailles snatched one of the 5 fumbles, I think this would be Ironton vs Versailles. I think Ironton is heads and shoulders better than Versailles. I think Ironton wins by multiple scores. Maybe I’m wrong but V is for sure their only statement win. R20, to me, was weak with the exception of Bacon and V, and I’m not completely convinced those 2 weren’t. From my standpoint it was R19, R17, R18, R20 in that order (other teams in R17 may disagree with us being in there but we didn’t have to play ourselves.) The next best team other than V that they beat is ranked 199th in the state on Preps. V was 130. Ironton is 49. Their opponents in the regular season were a combined 29-36. They didn’t get to rolling on 3 loss 199th ranked Shawnee until the second quarter and got nothing in the 1st and 4th. I wouldn’t underestimate them by any means, but from what I see and have watched, I don’t see Ironton losing or not winning by a few scores. Calpreps has Ironton by 12. I like them by 14 maybe more
14 is reasonable. I decided to shave off a few & go a lil conservative on this one. I think Bacon can be deceiving and absolutely need a teams full respect. Kiner is legit but his shadow is large. Bacon is balanced and they have a good core of kids who respond. QB1 is effective enough to throw a defense off balance. Bacon doesnt get by Versailles without a couple breaks & some collective effort. If I have any concern for Ironton it's 3 things.

1. Turnovers
2. Penalties
3. Road game.

Ironton has made their living mostly all in the comfy confines of Tanks Memorial Stadium. Everything plays a role. Every little nuance has an impact. First road game in forever and its under the weight of the world against a talented team w a certified game breaker. Gonna be fun seeing how both teams respond.
Attachments
EmWS4JQWMAAT6iJ.jpeg
EmWWLOZWEAENCUz.jpeg
EmWXfnYXIAM-yar (1).jpeg

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:54 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:33 am

199.3 QBR

Ironton is on the road.

Closer than expected:

Ironton 28
Roger Bacon 20
14 is reasonable. I decided to shave off a few & go a lil conservative on this one. I think Bacon can be deceiving and absolutely need a teams full respect. Kiner is legit but his shadow is large. Bacon is balanced and they have a good core of kids who respond. QB1 is effective enough to throw a defense off balance. Bacon doesnt get by Versailles without a couple breaks & some collective effort. If I have any concern for Ironton it's 3 things.

1. Turnovers
2. Penalties
3. Road game.

Ironton has made their living mostly all in the comfy confines of Tanks Memorial Stadium. Everything plays a role. Every little nuance has an impact. First road game in forever and its under the weight of the world against a talented team w a certified game breaker. Gonna be fun seeing how both teams respond.
You’re right, everything does play a role. Kiner 19 for 142 and 2 TD’s but Irontons defense is MUCH better than Shawnee. The only 2 halfway decent teams Shawnee played was London and Jonathan Alder in which they gave up more points than what they did to Bacon, 34 and 38. Bacon is gonna have to prove me wrong because right now I think they are the weakest of the 4 remaining. Kiner has been legit against way worse defenses. I’m not saying he isn’t good but he has had a much easier time doing it than what he will face this week. I think they will be ok on #3. 1 and 2 can definitely kill you at this point in the season. It’s gotta be clean games from here on out. I’m just not sold on Bacon. I’m gonna have to see them do it this week before I consider them legit

6O HORN3TS 🐝
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO IRONTON'S HEAD COACH AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR TREVON PENDLETON !!!!!!!!!!!
GO TIGERS !!!!!

I hope you have a very special blessed birthday today my friend. And I hope you have a wonderful Christ filled week and fall of 2020. ========== May God Bless you always my friend. Ozzie ....

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this program is from cincy ain't it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:10 am this program is from cincy ain't it.
Yes

6O HORN3TS 🐝
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironton is physical enough to win in the trenches and I'd imagine they're going to load the box and not let Kiner beat them.

The QB from Bacon seems solid but not overly impressive. He's going to have to make plays in the air because Mr. Carrico is going to introduce himself to Mr. Kiner early and often in the game.

Ironton 21
Bacon 10

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m basically seeing what others are looking at when you watch bacons games. I’m like ironton should steam roll this team, then I think man I thought burg would move the ball against ridgewood too until they played and my expertise went out the window.

It’s hard to judge based on games with other opponents.

I’m with speedkillz a little on this. I think the QB is better than what we think he is. He looked average against Shawnee but then I watched him against Versailles and thought he looked really good. I think he has to have a good game for bacon to win. If ironton can cover their receivers one on one, ironton can keep their outside lb in the box and keep kliner at bay. But if they have to drop into zone, that opens up bigger running lanes that kliner can exploit.

I think the advantage ironton has is their power run game on the edges. I’m not sure bacon has tough corners to come up and make a tackle.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

431, 217, 470, 563, 559, 591 regular season. 461, 261, 130, 199 playoffs. That’s the state ranks of each opponent according to maxpreps. The 130 was Versailles which gave them trouble and could have won. Then you got Ironton this week at 49. Their schedule and games have been extremely weak. That’s why I said they’ve done it vs scrubs so far. To put that in perspective, the Fairland team I read about in the other post that got spanked by fort frye would have been bacons 3rd strongest opponent, so they have played 2 teams better than Fairland lol. If they do it this week, I’ll finally give them some recognition, but I highly doubt they do. My prediction is as long as we can get past Otsego, we will see you guys in Columbus
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 pm Just hope we both advance and stay healthy. Every week I have said we are one week closer to the rematch. Well, if we both can do it one more time, the stage is set. Nothing is 100% yet though. Good luck to both and hopefully they are clean, injury free games
I would love to see a rematch. I would just love to see Ironton there period for the state title.

I have to admit, as I sat there last year and watched Kirtland come out onto the field, it worried me a lot. I kinda figured, just seeing them, it was just too much of an uphill battle to defeat them. I was very proud of our boys and the effort they gave. Even though we lost, it was still satisfying to me. Kirkland came off to me as being classy. The officiating was what I considered some of the best and fairest I've seen. Just wish it hadn't have been so darn cold. Lol now probably I won't be able to be there this year and I'd just about sit in a snow storm in my underwear if we make it to the big game. Heck, I'd sit at Dublin like that (any old Ironton fan understands that reference😬)

I do feel better about this year though. Many of our boys are more experienced, they'll not be starstruck if they get there so much and our already top notch coach has another year behind him. He's only going to get better.

However, that's neither here, nor there, we have Roger Bacon to get past. They want to take Ironton's dreams away

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”