D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to both Teams on making it to the State Semi Finals. The Radio announcers said the game was being played in London, OH. Thoughts?
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirtland80
All State

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by Kirtland80 »

After watching Ironton and watching Bacon multiple times this year, I like Ironton in this one. Versailles would have beaten Bacon had the fumble gods not been on Bacons side and I think Ironton is better than Versailles. Versailles caused them to fumble 5 times and Bacon recovered every single one and they only lost by 3. I see no reason why Ironton doesn’t win this game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No nothing about roger bacon other than they have a D1 running back and was in d4 last year

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Another tough game this week

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton more physical with ball control & clock management (as always for the last 50 years) and Bacon not a traditional football power but with a game breaking rb. This could be interesting.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ironton must return to the tenacity of play they had against cincy sycamore & Harvest preparatory.

-the turnovers and penalties which unfortunately can go hand in hand with tenacity & that’s why tonight’s first half was so odd.

They played laid back and lost their edge/aggressiveness & tenacity.

Gotta play tenacious, smart, and error free from here on out!

GoTigersGo

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

congrats to ironton. Have a question. Why if you have a once in a generation player in carrico. 6 3 235 lightning g fast and very strong. Why wouldn't you feed him the ball 25 times a game. Didn't see stats but I would guess he didn't have more than ten carries. I understand the other back is very good but carrico is on another level

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:29 pm congrats to ironton. Have a question. Why if you have a once in a generation player in carrico. 6 3 235 lightning g fast and very strong. Why wouldn't you feed him the ball 25 times a game. Didn't see stats but I would guess he didn't have more than ten carries. I understand the other back is very good but carrico is on another level

You could probably do that if he didn’t go full out at the LB position as well. That would be a lot to ask of him.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

The MyTown TV crew said Carrico had 13 carries for 66 yards and Carter 16 for 69. Either of those guys can take it to the house on any play. I agree, Carrico is your bull so use him as such. Carter is a nice change of pace and can keep defenses off balance. Survive and advance, baby!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:29 pm congrats to ironton. Have a question. Why if you have a once in a generation player in carrico. 6 3 235 lightning g fast and very strong. Why wouldn't you feed him the ball 25 times a game. Didn't see stats but I would guess he didn't have more than ten carries. I understand the other back is very good but carrico is on another level
I would say you wanna get the other guy involved and give him and equal amount of touches as well. To me it’s kind of resemblance to Eastwood a few years back, where they ran the wing T (still do) and had 2 good backs you gotta worry about. A lot of times when you gotta worry about 2, it will free the one with the ball up for a few extra yards (given you use split backs) because you had to worry about the other guy as well and as mentioned, that’s a load of work if you’re playing both ways. Even if you’re running a single back set, I still think different touches is a good thing. Nothing is better than experience. It’s a team game and team accomplishment. I think it’s good to get more guys involved

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I told my buddy that carrico didn’t look 100 percent. He could be banged up a little and they had to use him sparingly to keep him healthy

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I heard caricco had problems with one of his hands

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

They were really locked in on Carrico last night. This threw them off when they started feeding the ball to very capable sophomore Carter.

If you watch the films closely, you'll see one more reason to love Carrico if you're a Fighting Tiger fan. Carrico works his hindend off, selflessly laying out effective lead blocks, one after another. He is truly a team player and leader, the best kind, by example. Its no small wonder why practically every major program in the country wanted him.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

We are both favored. For what it’s worth, Calpreps favors us by 10, you guys by 12. Good luck in this game. I see no reason why either of us shouldn’t win and advance for a rematch but that’s why they play the game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Like Kantucky said, the last two games everyone has keyed in on stopping Carrico. When they lined up in the I with Deere, Carrico, and Carter they were more effective. Deere and Carrico made some crushing blocks for Carter which changed the game in the 2nd half. When they couldn’t just key on Carrico it started opening holes for him to run in my opinion.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:03 am We are both favored. For what it’s worth, Calpreps favors us by 10, you guys by 12. Good luck in this game. I see no reason why either of us shouldn’t win and advance for a rematch but that’s why they play the game
Good luck to Kirtland too.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I know nothing about Roger Bacon other than they have a great RB, how’s the rest of the Offense look, QB etc. How’s their O Line and D Line?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:21 am I know nothing about Roger Bacon other than they have a great RB, how’s the rest of the Offense look, QB etc. How’s their O Line and D Line?
I watched some of a game on them. RB is really good. Needs just a crease. Oline is ok. Serviceable but not glaring power. Defense has athleticism but wonder about the discipline. QB is an athlete and can pass. Not a game breaker but can get some stuff done. I think ironton prevails just because I’m rooting for them but honestly I have no idea.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:25 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:21 am I know nothing about Roger Bacon other than they have a great RB, how’s the rest of the Offense look, QB etc. How’s their O Line and D Line?
I watched some of a game on them. RB is really good. Needs just a crease. Oline is ok. Serviceable but not glaring power. Defense has athleticism but wonder about the discipline. QB is an athlete and can pass. Not a game breaker but can get some stuff done. I think ironton prevails just because I’m rooting for them but honestly I have no idea.
Thanks for the info.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

From what I’ve seen after watching both teams multiple times, as long as Ironton plays to their ability, they should win this game. Versailles got in a 14-0 deficit and gave up some big plays and only lost by 3. I do not see Ironton giving up as many big plays as Versailles did. Kiner was 21 carries for 211 yards but 80 of those came on a play early in the first and 43 on another play in the first. Take away those 2 big plays and Kiner only got 88 yards the rest of the game. Once Versailles settled in on Kiner, they was out playing them. Versailles caused 5 fumbles, all of which Bacon recovered, and Bacon couldn’t field the onside kick at the end and it bounced around and somehow Bacon ended up with it regardless. It was just Bacons night that night or they lose that game. I think their time ends Saturday

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”