D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by MrFirstTake »

Make sure you turn the volume down those Bacon announcers are very loud and annoying the most you will get football knowledge wise is how many yards were gained on a play lol

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:24 am
kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:10 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 pm Just hope we both advance and stay healthy. Every week I have said we are one week closer to the rematch. Well, if we both can do it one more time, the stage is set. Nothing is 100% yet though. Good luck to both and hopefully they are clean, injury free games
I would love to see a rematch. I would just love to see Ironton there period for the state title.

I have to admit, as I sat there last year and watched Kirtland come out onto the field, it worried me a lot. I kinda figured, just seeing them, it was just too much of an uphill battle to defeat them. I was very proud of our boys and the effort they gave. Even though we lost, it was still satisfying to me. Kirkland came off to me as being classy. The officiating was what I considered some of the best and fairest I've seen. Just wish it hadn't have been so darn cold. Lol now probably I won't be able to be there this year and I'd just about sit in a snow storm in my underwear if we make it to the big game. Heck, I'd sit at Dublin like that (any old Ironton fan understands that reference😬)

I do feel better about this year though. Many of our boys are more experienced, they'll not be starstruck if they get there so much and our already top notch coach has another year behind him. He's only going to get better.

However, that's neither here, nor there, we have Roger Bacon to get past. They want to take Ironton's dreams away
Don’t hold your head down. Ironton had a great season last year and having a great season again this year. I will say that it wasn’t easy and we definitely knew you were there. I heard a couple of our guys talking with LaVerde and saying they really had to fight for that one. No one up here has said anything but positive about you guys. We expect to be where we are but we also expected you guys to be just right where you are as well. We all knew the real possibility of another great game with you guys and we are 1 game away from that. A few of our guys said they’d love to have another game with your program, given how much more storied yours is compared to ours up until this decade. We respect you guys
great post kirt.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Burg94 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm Good luck Ironton! Us river rats give each other crap during the season but have each others back come playoff time. Just like you did for us in 2017. Don't worry about Kirtland or their posters yet. Also wish the best for Carrico when he enrolls early at OSU in a couple months. Nothing would make us prouder down here than a local kid doing big things on Saturday afternoon much like Pendleton did...stay healthy boys. A few months ago we didn't even know we would have a season, glad it has come to this point even though COVID is worse now than then...Ironton, you got this!!!
amen brother. ya'll had another awesome season.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

without going back through all the posts. where is the game going to be played. I saw someone had mentioned I think London, ohio. will the game be on my home tv. and go tigers.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:30 am without going back through all the posts. where is the game going to be played. I saw someone had mentioned I think London, ohio. will the game be on my home tv. and go tigers.
Pretty sure the game will be at London but I don’t think Mytown tv will be showing it

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Ironton better thank Wheelersburg for putting Ridgewood’s quarterback out for the season. After that win, Ironton now has a cakewalk to the state championship game. Wouldn’t be surprised if this one gets ugly though. Ironton by 3 scores

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:13 pm Ironton better thank Wheelersburg for putting Ridgewood’s quarterback out for the season. After that win, Ironton now has a cakewalk to the state championship game. Wouldn’t be surprised if this one gets ugly though. Ironton by 3 scores
I think everyone agrees on here by watching games roger bacon has played that ironton should roll but something tells me that bacon is better than what we are seeing. I’m going with ironton but I have no idea how the scoring will go.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:13 pm Ironton better thank Wheelersburg for putting Ridgewood’s quarterback out for the season. After that win, Ironton now has a cakewalk to the state championship game. Wouldn’t be surprised if this one gets ugly though. Ironton by 3 scores
Tingle got hurt and Burg still couldn't beat them.

At this point in the season there is no cakewalks.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

frankie wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Wood was 21 points better than Burg with a healthy Tingle and it would have been a toss up game either way against Ironton IMO only. There are some cakewalks in different regions but most are evenly matched by Regional final time.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:46 pm
frankie wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Wood was 21 points better than Burg with a healthy Tingle and it would have been a toss up game either way against Ironton IMO only. There are some cakewalks in different regions but most are evenly matched by Regional final time.
Tingle playing would have both ironton and burg out. I didn’t think that until they played ironton. Ridgewood moved the ball running the ball against ironton and ironton knew that’s all they could do. Now you can argue who would have lost worse but in the end, ridgewood had the best team. Tingle is a special player.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Rudgewood had 80 yards rushing

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:12 pm Rudgewood had 80 yards rushing
Of course they did but keep it in perspective. Outside of the big pass ironton had, I would adventure that the yards were dead even in the first half against ridgewood. Then the line for ironton started to lean on ridgewood defense and they started finding holes and eating away at the time of possession. Same thing happened in burg game. In the second half burg started to find lanes to run through in that defense. Burg won the second half 10-6 After being down 7-0 and If they hadn’t threw an interception right before first half burg probably escapes out of there with a win.

But the most glaring thing that sticks out is tingle played a couple of series the second half with that injury and he threw the long pass And the the next pass that went in ultimately for the game winning score. He threw it hurt, couldn’t run and both passes were right on the money.

Now imagine losing that kind of production against ironton defense and still being able to be in the game.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:29 pm
Of course they did but keep it in perspective. Outside of the big pass ironton had, I would adventure that the yards were dead even in the first half against ridgewood. Then the line for ironton started to lean on ridgewood defense and they started finding holes and eating away at the time of possession. Same thing happened in burg game. In the second half burg started to find lanes to run through in that defense. Burg won the second half 10-6 After being down 7-0 and If they hadn’t threw an interception right before first half burg probably escapes out of there with a win.

But the most glaring thing that sticks out is tingle played a couple of series the second half with that injury and he threw the long pass And the the next pass that went in ultimately for the game winning score. He threw it hurt, couldn’t run and both passes were right on the money.

Now imagine losing that kind of production against ironton defense and still being able to be in the game.
You couldn't beat them without Tingle, Ironton beat them without him and may have beat them with him. We will never know. You lost you go home. Ironton won, they advance. At the end of the day all that matters is who won the game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

frankie wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:02 pm

You couldn't beat them without Tingle, Ironton beat them without him and may have beat them with him. We will never know. You lost you go home. Ironton won, they advance. At the end of the day all that matters is who won the game.

Burg not beating them without Tingle is what is sad. The Burg OC got outcoached in that one and called a pretty crappy game in the second half. Burg had RW's defense on the ropes, just like Ironton did in the second half and didn't take advantage of it. I still say the big plays in the Burg-RW game was the INT right before the half and the sequence of calls after Burg got to the RW 20 and then kicked the FG. Once Ironton had wore down the RW defense they started running right at them. Burg did not!

I do think RW gives Ironton all they want with Tingle but we will never know. Like was said the object in the playoffs is to survive and advance. Ironton did that two weeks in a row and that is why they are in the Final four. I think some people are taking RB lightly and if Ironton is it could bite them in the butt. They look like a very good football team with a great back and very good QB. Should be a good game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:02 pm

The scenario wasn’t who won without tingle. It was would ridgewood win both game with him and I believe that 100%. Burg could had a chance to win it and advance without him. But he did come in the second half against burg, most likely on adrenaline, and throw two passes on the money, one was for there second touchdown. Tingle didn’t even dress against ironton, while he had about 10
to 15 plays against burg. Plus when he came out of that locker room before half, I think it willed ridgewood because when he went out there was dead silence on woods side.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ridgewood had a drive that lasted 10 minutes that took up the first and second quarter thats why ironton didnt do much the 1st half the offense wasnt on the field very much. Ironton T.O.P. 1st half 7m5s ridgewood was 16m35s

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton has a senior starter defensive lineman that was out also so maybe the defense would have been better with him also

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:53 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:27 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 am I’m basically seeing what others are looking at when you watch bacons games. I’m like ironton should steam roll this team, then I think man I thought burg would move the ball against ridgewood too until they played and my expertise went out the window.

It’s hard to judge based on games with other opponents.

I’m with speedkillz a little on this.

I think the advantage ironton has is their power run game on the edges. I’m not sure bacon has tough corners to come up and make a tackle.
Can you or anyone share YouTube link to Shawnee or Versailles game?

I’ve spent hours looking and get lost in a YouTube -Tube.

Please and thank you.

Twitch tv roger bacon. Not on you tube

Thank you WC

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

#33 for Ironton was out, #36 was playing injured, and #2 didn’t touch the ball until the second half. With #33 and #36 healthy and playing their regular minutes and #2 involved earlier, this would’ve been a different game. I hope Tingle comes back healthy, what a talented and classy kid. He’s a game changer for sure.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

GoBigI wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:16 pm #33 for Ironton was out, #36 was playing injured, and #2 didn’t touch the ball until the second half. With #33 and #36 healthy and playing their regular minutes and #2 involved earlier, this would’ve been a different game. I hope Tingle comes back healthy, what a talented and classy kid. He’s a game changer for sure.
We did that with 3 defensive guys last week. They didn’t play. They are not starting this week either. Will put them in if need be but trying to get them back to 100% for the final assuming we win and can win without them

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”