2021 GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL

superblue
All Conference

Re: 2021 GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL

Post by superblue »

I guess I am the one being called out on the weak schedule comment on the other thread.. this years schedule, not counting Ironton, we play 4 D5 teams and 3 D6 teams. Not saying size matters all the time but in this case playing down 7 games gives us a little advantage. In 2019 we finished 9-2, our 2 losses by a combined score of 92-0. In 2020 we finished 6-2, lost to Ironton 55-7 and the playoff game 58-40.. we have lost to Ironton 107-7 the last 2 years. Last year everyone was bragging about all the D1 players we had on the roster, this year we are judging our team by how we do against point? REALLY....

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

okay why are we talking about killing the season because the program has been shut down 2 weeks for COVID if you have knowledge of another reason that your saying season is over put your facts here.
the following is a list of schools that have been shut down and not practiced for two weeks because of covid all these schools are D1 thru D4. i didnt look down divisions because i didn't want school size to be put in question. this list would be longer but a lot of schools were shutdown preseason and there quarantine ended in time for them to play week 2.
Collinwood d3
springfield d1
hamilton d1
western hills d1
parma d2
waite d2
briggs d2
belmont d2
franklin heights d2
madison comprehension d3
hamilton twp d3
hughes d3
chamidade julienne d3
dunbar d3
new richmond d3
aiken d3
villa angela st joseph d4
triway d4
indian valley d4
shroder d4
some of these teams have missed 3 games like gallia because someone else cancelled on them.

Where are the story's that all these teams should just shut down the season and pack it in?

A lot of teams that only missed one game were either shut down by school just because the school shut down all extra curricular for a week or so not a actual team problem. if you have a positive case your going to have to quarantine for 10 days unless your vaccinated or pretty much so. so when you don't cancel until Wednesday or after your going to miss two games.

So what other information do you have that this isn't just like all these schools above?
is it just because were Gallia academy and their has to be added Drama to every negative thing that happens?
if not please tell us the facts that we do not know....

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

83, not sure what you are looking for. Looks like all the info you posted is pretty accurate. After talking to a person that works at the high school here is my opinion of what's been going on the last couple of weeks. We had one positive covid test last week, the health department did contact tracing and that resulted in 7 players and other students being quarantined. Those players aren't eligible to return till this Friday.. The coaches and administration personal decided to cancel the game . Hopefully we will play next week.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

superblue wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:24 pm 83, not sure what you are looking for. Looks like all the info you posted is pretty accurate. After talking to a person that works at the high school here is my opinion of what's been going on the last couple of weeks. We had one positive covid test last week, the health department did contact tracing and that resulted in 7 players and other students being quarantined. Those players aren't eligible to return till this Friday.. The coaches and administration personal decided to cancel the game . Hopefully we will play next week.
I agree superblue. Just if you read the shake shop thread and other threads. i have heard comments that team will be lucky to play another game or insinuating that players were quitting or that is the way i read it.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I looked over the shake shoppe thread and a lot of comments were from non Gallia fans, so i wouldn't worry about them... I have never said players were quitting. If next week we have another positive covid test, and with contact tracing we may be in the same situation. The main problem is our low numbers, if we had more players we would probably play these games.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i guess i don't spend enough time looking at who are gallia fans and who are not sometimes... LOL i guess it is all good

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:55 pm
BigChuck wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:08 pm If Gallia is truly expecting and wanting more then it is half past time to move on to a bigger conference. With the exception of Ironton, who Gallia is in no way on the same level with, then they should absolutely not be on the same field with the small Div 5 and 6 schools they play. Again, On paper Gallia should be the most dominant school in all sports in the OVC and guess what....they're not even close....

If Gallia wants and expects to take the next step...then that school needs to take the next step. Start playing schools in your division. Pretty simple, huh?
Where exactly is this conference that you would like us to join? I agree with you that the OVC is not a good football conference and doesn't prepare them for post season play. Also before you talk about size of gallia academy lets wait and see what new set of enrollment figures comes out. the last set put them at 221 and that was becasue of the 3 classes counted on had 65 boys one had 63 boys one had one had 93. this team is really a very small division 4 school. i am sure they would join the SOV if they would let them in. The TVC would not let them in.

so you control your non conference games. last year they would of had if not cancelled western brown a school much bigger then them. this year they have meigs a local gate game but meigs enrollment is only 30 less then gallia academy, you have athens who has almost 100 more boys then gallia academy and you have point pleasant who has over 150 more boys then gallia academy.
You're at 223 -you went up. Gallia Academy is THE ONLY SCHOOL IN THE OVC OVER 200: you play against Coal Grove-131; RH-148; SP-163; Chesapeake-164; Portsmouth-171; Ironton-177; Fairland-185.

You're not moving down any divisions anytime soon, petition the FAC, that would be a much better fit for you all.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

BigChuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:32 pm
svac83 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:55 pm
BigChuck wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:08 pm If Gallia is truly expecting and wanting more then it is half past time to move on to a bigger conference. With the exception of Ironton, who Gallia is in no way on the same level with, then they should absolutely not be on the same field with the small Div 5 and 6 schools they play. Again, On paper Gallia should be the most dominant school in all sports in the OVC and guess what....they're not even close....

If Gallia wants and expects to take the next step...then that school needs to take the next step. Start playing schools in your division. Pretty simple, huh?
Where exactly is this conference that you would like us to join? I agree with you that the OVC is not a good football conference and doesn't prepare them for post season play. Also before you talk about size of gallia academy lets wait and see what new set of enrollment figures comes out. the last set put them at 221 and that was becasue of the 3 classes counted on had 65 boys one had 63 boys one had one had 93. this team is really a very small division 4 school. i am sure they would join the SOV if they would let them in. The TVC would not let them in.

so you control your non conference games. last year they would of had if not cancelled western brown a school much bigger then them. this year they have meigs a local gate game but meigs enrollment is only 30 less then gallia academy, you have athens who has almost 100 more boys then gallia academy and you have point pleasant who has over 150 more boys then gallia academy.
You're at 223 -you went up. Gallia Academy is THE ONLY SCHOOL IN THE OVC OVER 200: you play against Coal Grove-131; RH-148; SP-163; Chesapeake-164; Portsmouth-171; Ironton-177; Fairland-185.

You're not moving down any divisions anytime soon, petition the FAC, that would be a much better fit for you all.
Go Blue Devils!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Last years records of teams on current schedule:

Meigs: 3-6
Athens: 3-7
Point Pleasant: 8-2
Chesapeake: 0-8
Portsmouth: 8-4
Fairland: 10-2
Coal Grove: 5-5
Rock Hill: 3-5
Ironton: 11-2
South Point: 1-8

Total: 52-49

Gallia Academy is 7-12 vs. teams with a winning record since 2017.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

It is my sincere hope that with a young new coach The Blue Devils will be successful in the 2022 campaign.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:33 am It is my sincere hope that with a young new coach The Blue Devils will be successful in the 2022 campaign.
Go Blue Devils! It’s a new season coming up.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Who’s the new Coach?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What is Coach Penrod up to these days?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:35 am What is Coach Penrod up to these days?
I haven't seen him since school has let out. But he seemed really relaxed and enjoying himself the last time i saw him.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

svac83 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:26 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:35 am What is Coach Penrod up to these days?
I haven't seen him since school has let out. But he seemed really relaxed and enjoying himself the last time i saw him.
Thanks

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

So is this just going to be the 2022 thread now?

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Need to start a new thread, things are becoming very interesting.....

JosephLeeB9
Waterboy

Post by JosephLeeB9 »

I hear new hfc on Jackson municipal page

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Hey Blue it is only June. What could be so interesting so early in the season.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Just sent you a PM... Hope you get it soon.

Return to “Football”