2021 GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL

MR305
Freshman Team

Re: 2021 GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL

Post by MR305 »

No relation to Woodson if that’s what you are wondering.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good luck I was just guessing .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MR305 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:24 am
Geronimo wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:39 am I think a player with that kind of speed keeps other teams on there guard !!!jmo at a running back position .
Woodson is fast, no doubt about that, but he is a edge runner not a between the tackle. Really don’t think he would respond well to the constant contact between the tackles. Sweeps/short throws in space absolutely.
Guessing the fastest kid in the SE district but doesn’t always translate to football. A lot of factors. I suggest teams give him a step lol.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

You know in west Virginia the kid that won the state in track ran a 10.5. That's flying.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Any new players for GA this season transfers ?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Woodson’s physicality is much underrated. In fact he is the most physical kid we have seen in our jh program in several years including this group of upcoming Sophs and was the most physical kid in the OVC during those years. Don’t let his size influence your opinion. Hence my wording of “what some of us have witnessed”. Definitely not a natural receiver but very explosive at impact with the ball in his hands. He doesn’t have it in him to step out of bounds to avoid getting hit and he will fight for every yard. GA has not seen many kids capable of squaring their shoulders and exploding thru contact like DW and the folks that have were usually bruisers not burners. Young man from fairland paid the price for underestimating him last year on a very clean hit resulting in a silly penalty. I know JH and varsity are vastly different but JH ball does showcase natural ability and natural tendencies so in no way has that changed any in 4 years. Regardless, I totally agree with geronimo in that his speed has to be utilized to keep the defense in check. The other coaches in our league have been fully aware of his presence since his freshman year But after a couple series their words were “they aren’t going to use him”. I can only attest to that during our home games during that period. Additionally, he ended last season as our second biggest threat.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Must :) be a relative. :) Hope he does well.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’m a relative of Woodson and I have often wondered why he doesn’t get more involved in the game plan myself

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Definitely not a relative. Just a guy that has seen all levels of GA sports for the past 30+ years. Given the opportunity it will show. What I saw 5 years ago, I’ve never seen in a blue and white uniform. At least since tony Logan wore the uniform. No disrespect intended at all to anyone else. Not too many rush for nearly a quarter mile in one game at the Tank.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JChipwood wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:47 am Definitely not a relative. Just a guy that has seen all levels of GA sports for the past 30+ years. Given the opportunity it will show. What I saw 5 years ago, I’ve never seen in a blue and white uniform. At least since tony Logan wore the uniform. No disrespect intended at all to anyone else. Not too many rush for nearly a quarter mile in one game at the Tank.
? You talking about Woodson in jr high running for nearly 400?

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Why hasn't he been given more carries out of the backfield the last 3 years? All I have seen is jet sweeps. Maybe its because he is an edge runner and not between the tackles runner. Look for more of the same this season.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Tony Logan was one good running back I know I coached him in 5th and 6th grade not getting most promising sophomore that one year done him.best I seen at the lower grades. I think he lead the varsity in rushing freshman or sophomore year or maybe both ???

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Woodson I think can run between the tackles just fine. Even at the high school level. There will be a lot of things that will look a lot different because several things will match what we do well as a offense. And i want to say that even when you look at last few years. The offense was just a miss match and hodge podge of pieces that did not fit together.

No one is going to have a huge impact running between the tackles when you don't block a defender then that defender is not optioned off of. We had a downfield passing QB but really did not have a pass blocking line or more then like 2 good down field receivers. The rest of receivers were really great for quick slants or swing passes and we didn't have a QB that was good fit for. So against good teams the offense struggled.

This year even though there will be a lot of new faces the talent will match the scheme and will compliment each other more. I believe Woodson will be used as a asset if he puts the off season work in to be ready to execute the game plan.

I think he will shine.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Curious how they'll use Williams and Franklin. svac, do you have any idea what the depth chart will look like?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Wish GA had a QB wish a big arm with all the weapons they have ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:13 am Wish GA had a QB wish a big arm with all the weapons they have ?

You guys let a good one slip right away from ya a 3yrs ago……

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I could start a long list of names that left from the late 60's up to date but time is the question ??? Here!!! good luck to you and yours. :roll:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:52 am Curious how they'll use Williams and Franklin. svac, do you have any idea what the depth chart will look like?
I have no idea. It is my understanding they have not really had a non consistent summer so far. In between kids doing summer basketball and attending camps and vacations. i was told they had have had a ton of kids in out over the summer but i am not sure they really know how many kids they are going to have come august 1st.

We are going to have some kids play out of position and several kids more then last few years playing both ways. Especially early unless there are some surprises in the next couple of weeks. There just aren't going to be enough ready to play at varsity level i don't think.

My new neighbors son is a freshmen and he told me last week at weight lifting that on Monday they had about 25 kids at weight lifting and on Wednesday there were almost 25 kids and there were only 5 or 6 kids that were the same kids from Monday.

His dad says starting Monday that they are basically starting to go every day.

As far as new coaches go. As far as i know this is his first year as coach. Cole Carter is now on staff.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

The same 4/5 and that’s about it, have been lifting consistently during the off-season and also during morning voluntary workouts. Those 4/5 were the only ones going to camps as well. This team with the limited players will have enough that are varsity ready. It’s a shame that more players and coaches don’t take the lifting and speed/agility training more serious. Frustrating watching schools around the area attend 7v7’s on a weekly basis along with other team building activities.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That's is heart for game ? I question that a lot today! Thats just me .

Return to “Football”