2021 GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL

AMERICANFLAG
Waterboy

2021 GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL

Post by AMERICANFLAG »

Who are the projected starters and will the numbers increase?

https://seohiopreps.com/football/team/gallia-academy/

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Gallia Academy 2021

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

They lose Armstrong, a couple linemen, maybe their QB? Vanco might be a Jr this year. This freshman class looks to be special. Lots of speed and solid athletes. Don't be surprised to see a bunch of talented underclassmen starting.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Ok I am done being nice they mercifully don’t have another year with the most unproductive quarterback that has played the postion at Gallia academy since I have been paying attention to blue devil football. Get this folks in an RPO offense over the past 2 seasons( that is 19 games) the quarterback at gallipolis has less than 10 forward rushing attempts. Armstrong is a loss Starnes is a loss there are at least 9 others seniors from the 20 season that will be missed but the quarterback postion will not be a postion that you will see a decline in play. Hopefully some juniors and sophomores will show back up for next years team. The freshmen class is talented but will not be able to role with ironton or fairland without upperclassmen help.

RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

I think the ‘21 team can compete with everyone in the OVC, with the exception of Ironton. ‘22/‘23 seasons this team should be competing for a OVC championship and a nice playoff run. Organization, preparedness ,intensity, and discipline definitely needs addressed in the off-season. Seems most of the undisciplined penalties were attributed to this years senior class. Time will tell

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

They should try getting their speed in space more Woodson and Franklin should be involved in the offense a lot more this coming season.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

645945 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:05 pm Ok I am done being nice they mercifully don’t have another year with the most unproductive quarterback that has played the postion at Gallia academy since I have been paying attention to blue devil football. Get this folks in an RPO offense over the past 2 seasons( that is 19 games) the quarterback at gallipolis has less than 10 forward rushing attempts. Armstrong is a loss Starnes is a loss there are at least 9 others seniors from the 20 season that will be missed but the quarterback postion will not be a postion that you will see a decline in play. Hopefully some juniors and sophomores will show back up for next years team. The freshmen class is talented but will not be able to role with ironton or fairland without upperclassmen help.
What does an "RPO offense" have to do with quarterback running attempts?

RPO's are usually designed with plays to either GIVE to the running back if the QB reads that linebackers are dropping in coverage or to THROW behind linebackers if the QB reads they're crashing to fill running lanes. The QB would only run on "RPO" plays if he makes the wrong read and has to evade a pass rush.

Maybe you mean they are running a read-option offense where the read is to either give to a back or keep themselves? I don't watch enough Gallia Academy to know what their offense is trying to do.

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:54 pm
645945 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:05 pm Ok I am done being nice they mercifully don’t have another year with the most unproductive quarterback that has played the postion at Gallia academy since I have been paying attention to blue devil football. Get this folks in an RPO offense over the past 2 seasons( that is 19 games) the quarterback at gallipolis has less than 10 forward rushing attempts. Armstrong is a loss Starnes is a loss there are at least 9 others seniors from the 20 season that will be missed but the quarterback postion will not be a postion that you will see a decline in play. Hopefully some juniors and sophomores will show back up for next years team. The freshmen class is talented but will not be able to role with ironton or fairland without upperclassmen help.
What does an "RPO offense" have to do with quarterback running attempts?

RPO's are usually designed with plays to either GIVE to the running back if the QB reads that linebackers are dropping in coverage or to THROW behind linebackers if the QB reads they're crashing to fill running lanes. The QB would only run on "RPO" plays if he makes the wrong read and has to evade a pass rush.

Maybe you mean they are running a read-option offense where the read is to either give to a back or keep themselves? I don't watch enough Gallia Academy to know what their offense is trying to do.
Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. Typically RPO's are not designed for the QB to run.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I hate the RPO offense but i know that’s what 99% of teams do now. Hard for the lineman. If the quarterback decides to hold the ball then you have ineligible man down field all the time. Back to gallia I think they will be fine. I’m still confused about that Portsmouth game. They just looked like they were playing well enough to squeeze one out.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ok Gallia runs read option a ton. They also run RPO’s and sometimes they run a combination of both. They also in the power spread run wing T blocking schemes.

They also ran a lot of trap plays this year. A big problem with the offense this year was the QB was never going to run the ball so no one had to account for him. So the end didn’t really have to come crashing down a lot of time to be honest with you he basically ran a twist so he actually came across the line inside the tackle and really was at the mesh point because there was no worry about the QB pulling the ball for a run.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

One of the most effective plays they had in any of the last 2 years was in 2019 they put number 20 at QB and they ran read option like 2 or 3 plays in a row I don’t think he could throw but all the snaps the offense really looked good. But we never saw it again

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

svac83 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:50 pm Ok Gallia runs read option a ton. They also run RPO’s and sometimes they run a combination of both. They also in the power spread run wing T blocking schemes.

They also ran a lot of trap plays this year. A big problem with the offense this year was the QB was never going to run the ball so no one had to account for him. So the end didn’t really have to come crashing down a lot of time to be honest with you he basically ran a twist so he actually came across the line inside the tackle and really was at the mesh point because there was no worry about the QB pulling the ball for a run.
Agreed. My point was mainly that the coaches were obviously not designing the offense around the QB as a runner. Armstrong was good enough to beat most teams even with the defense crashing and not accounting for the QB.

I would say Gallia is definitely a power spread team first that uses RPO, read, and yes wing-t concepts. They use a to of bubble of jet action to stretch the field horizontally. The QB the last two years has given them a good ability to stretch it vertically as well.

Few teams are perfect at this level. Heck at any level. You're always going to have flaws.

AMERICANFLAG
Waterboy

Post by AMERICANFLAG »

GA loses a lot of players this year. Looks like a complete rebuild for the Devils, they look to have limited depth on line but they have plenty of solid young skill kids

RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

AMERICANFLAG wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:00 am GA loses a lot of players this year. Looks like a complete rebuild for the Devils, they look to have limited depth on line but they have plenty of solid young skill kids
2021 team will be better off

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

RIVERRAT304 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:25 am
AMERICANFLAG wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:00 am GA loses a lot of players this year. Looks like a complete rebuild for the Devils, they look to have limited depth on line but they have plenty of solid young skill kids
I hope you're right. May be taking some of those graduates for granted though.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:28 pm
RIVERRAT304 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:25 am
I hope you're right. May be taking some of those graduates for granted though.
Loganlocos, it seems from reading different forums on here, fans from the Old French City have different opinions on the future of GA football.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Tell your coach to some up to eastern. We have some plays to keep the booster presidents kid and daddy happy. Sounds like you would be in favor of those.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

You'll probably see more of the same from GA this next year. Maybe one more loss to a Fairland. League is Ironton's to lose. GA loses Armstrong and a couple big boys. They'll have the best overall speed in the conference again this year. Question is, will they actually utilize it properly?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Last year's team seemed to have no grit, no fire, no will to win. Even in close games, they just seemed to be going through the motions and they let their talent win the day. You saw the results of that mentality with the Ironton losses and the playoff losses.

Hopefully Team 2021 is hungry for some Tiger stew. That needs to be the goal this year. Hang up the score of the past two Ironton/GA games in the locker room, in every corner. Use that as motivation.

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

Are they playing Point Pleasant in 2021?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

If everyone buys in and stays healthy we could have a really good year. Better results than this year, I’m not sure. Need to develop the depth. Gonna miss several of the seniors more than most think. But we will be back in our zone read base so easier all around offensively due to familiarity and less technical skill required in the passing game. Really need this young group to play for each other and trust the process. Really really need the parents of these young people to trust the process and either have zero input or simply say work harder and listen to the coaches. No room on a good team for I and me. That’s needs addressed very early, even if it means letting one of the best athletes watch from the sidelines.

Return to “Football”