Re: 2021 GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL

Post by Geronimo »

Heard Meigs got the same problem.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

MR305 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:33 pm
Geronimo wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:18 pm That's is heart for game ? I question that a lot today! Thats just me .
What?I
I still question that ???

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i know there are 5 or 6 kids who would be juniors or seniors that played as freshmen and sophomores that arent playing because their parents have COVID concerns. i only know because i ran into one of them at walmart the other day all masked up.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:48 pm What is up with Gallia academys participation numbers? 25 kids is a crazy small amount. How are the numbers at the junior high level? and what kind of youth football now happens in town? i know the the midget football thing went away and then we got into that traveling league are we still doing that. I don't expect the numbers to ever get above the low to mid 40's but 25 is highly questionable. since we started full time varsity soccer we have not had a roster over 44 kids.
Honestly, it's multiple factors. To mention soccer is just flat out ridiculous. You lose minimal football kids to soccer. One big factor I have seen is youth/ELKS football. The program is losing tons of kids along the way. It may have improved lately, but for the current group of kids, it's been disastrous. Poorly ran. Poor coaching. Legit daddy ball. In my opinion, they have to find a way to get their league away from the Elks. Period. This is the biggest issue.

The class of freshmen are a all group that has never had many athletes out for any sport so their numbers are small regardless.

Another factor I've observed is not coaching per se, but a lack connection from kids moving from youth to middle school, including connecting with coaches. Another reason to scrap Elks integrate the youth program with the school program. Flag until at least 5th grade would be the best way to keep kids.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Covid-schmovid. If Johnny doesn't want to play, then so be it. No more excuses. Get the vaccine and get on with it for crying out loud.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:03 pm Covid-schmovid. If Johnny doesn't want to play, then so be it. No more excuses. Get the vaccine and get on with it for crying out loud.
Agreed! Just vaccinate so we can move on! Sounds like an excuse just to not play.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I agree on a lot with what you said and jmo coaching in the youth program is on the down swing ! I.also Blame a lot on video games where it use to be sand lot football games now its video games on line kids sleep to noon that's just me thinking out loud I guess ! Covid has also played a big part.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

MR305 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:01 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:58 pm
svac83 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:48 pm What is up with Gallia academys participation numbers? 25 kids is a crazy small amount. How are the numbers at the junior high level? and what kind of youth football now happens in town? i know the the midget football thing went away and then we got into that traveling league are we still doing that. I don't expect the numbers to ever get above the low to mid 40's but 25 is highly questionable. since we started full time varsity soccer we have not had a roster over 44 kids.
WOW, 25 from a school that size has to raise a lot of questions if you're a Gallia faithful. Is it the coaching, the league, really what is going on. I know the last few years they really thought they had a team and it didn't pan out for them against the better teams come playoff time. This is a team though that over the last 3 regular season games are 22-3 with a loss to Jackson and 2 to Ironton something doesn't add up for sure.
No doubt it’s coaching. Out of the 23/24 kids you have 11 that are sophomores. This is probablly the most talented group of kids that has came through Gallia Academy and it will be wasted. Program unfortunately is on the decline at the wrong time.
Didn't the powers that be go after the current coach and put a lot of effort in to get him just a few years ago?

The road to the TVC crown runs through Reedsville!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I never mean to say you lost kids to varsity soccer. What i meant is my kids and a lot of kids started playing soccer at OO mcintyre at like 6 years old. my son played through junior high there was no varsity team at that time. when he was a freshmen there were 3 football players including him that came out for football the first time because there was no varsity soccer at time. So my point was your probably not going to get to 52 or 53 kids because you aren't picking up a couple of soccer kids anymore because they can play varsity soccer.

As far s covid goes i was talking to the parent not the son. He said they did not let him play last year because if it wasn't safe to go to school 5 days a week he didn't think there should be after school activities daily. This year is son did lift some but they never signed the forms for their kid to get a physical because they still don't think playing sports right now is smart. I totally disagree but there are still some people that feel this way.

I agree a lot of it is probably in youth football back in the day the MFL was a great place i don't think we had one parent as a coach the 3 years i was on the bob evans cowboys. And all the coaches from all the teams were really just interested in making sure every player just learned the fundamentals

i was just curious how we get from a average of 44 down to 25?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

25 players? There are D-VII and D-VI schools with more boys on the team than that.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:42 pm I never mean to say you lost kids to varsity soccer. What i meant is my kids and a lot of kids started playing soccer at OO mcintyre at like 6 years old. my son played through junior high there was no varsity team at that time. when he was a freshmen there were 3 football players including him that came out for football the first time because there was no varsity soccer at time. So my point was your probably not going to get to 52 or 53 kids because you aren't picking up a couple of soccer kids anymore because they can play varsity soccer.

As far s covid goes i was talking to the parent not the son. He said they did not let him play last year because if it wasn't safe to go to school 5 days a week he didn't think there should be after school activities daily. This year is son did lift some but they never signed the forms for their kid to get a physical because they still don't think playing sports right now is smart. I totally disagree but there are still some people that feel this way.

I agree a lot of it is probably in youth football back in the day the MFL was a great place i don't think we had one parent as a coach the 3 years i was on the bob evans cowboys. And all the coaches from all the teams were really just interested in making sure every player just learned the fundamentals

i was just curious how we get from a average of 44 down to 25?
My bad for not understanding. That makes sense.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Was down by the field today seen 22 23 players give or take one or two ?

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

GA is GA nothing more or less.
alarms should be going off and meetings being had to fix issues as far as participation " TOWN HALL" ALL sports boys and girls, let the people be heard

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’m really surprised to read the post about number of kids. Gallia is division 4 and that’s a insanely low amount of kids.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well as far as divisions go i think you will find out gallia academy will be nearer 190 boys when enrollment figures come out in october then the almost 230 they are reported at in 2019. To me it is perplexing. i am told there is about the same amount of kids playing soccer and running cross country as in 2019 a few less but not a big drop. I was also told today there are almost twice as many boys out for junior high soccer then their is for junior high football. I am trying to find some info on youth football for fall and have not found out a lot.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i think the particiapation thing will take care of itself time to start looking forward to oakhill tommorow night and meigs next week

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

So not sure who kids are by numbers but 4, 5, 65 and one more not dressed for Gallia tonight

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia scores on first possession 7-0

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

.55 seconds left to go in half Gallia 27 oak hill 0
Oak hill probably has negative yards for half.

After not seeing this team really at all last year
Little James Franklin has grown into MrFranklin.

Return to “Football”