Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:14 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 am
Not an easy situation on any side. I think we are playing against the clock w more counties in ohio issuing curfews.
I think so as well. I’m just glad it wasn’t Dewine that ordered it or it would have been the whole state, but yes the clock is ticking on the time frame to get these games played. Hopefully we don’t get news of it being canceled tomorrow

I was thinking the exact same. That could happen at any moment now.
I was expecting it today when I got news of OHSAA doing the video meetings with the 12 remaining schools. That was my first thought

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

LaVerde got that right. He does everything and is good at everything he does. Never complains about anything whether he’s putting up numbers or helping a teammate put up numbers. We love DeMarco. That one lone MSML loss still stings but not much you could do vs that dang line they had. We played that whole year with a backup QB as well but he wasn’t the reason we lost. That bulldozer of a line was why we lost

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Based on the last minute location change, i am changing my previous prediction. Unfortunately i think this last minute location change will definitely affect the outcome. Kirtland 21 ironton 7. Ironton will lose a day of practice, and play an early game Saturday after making the long trip.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

are tickets available to public

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Fighting Tigers are practicing today and heading North this Evening.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Just a minor hiccup. Kids are resilient. Toss up game tomorrow. Both teams mirror each other. Good defense. Smart offense. Experienced coaching might favor the hornets. 7 to 10 points either way.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I don’t think it affects either team nor none of the other 10. These kids , all of them, have played all year. In my opinion a change of venues isn’t going to bother anyone but the fans. I’m pretty sure it was Massillon or cancel though. I appreciate Massillon stepping up to host and staff these games. I do think Columbus is a better location but tbh, they haven’t been there for years and if you can’t get one there or around there, you gotta take the only option that is available. If I was going to say it affects any of the teams, I’d go with Hoban, but I don’t think it affects them either

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:14 am Based on the last minute location change, i am changing my previous prediction. Unfortunately i think this last minute location change will definitely affect the outcome. Kirtland 21 ironton 7. Ironton will lose a day of practice, and play an early game Saturday after making the long trip.
I don't see how it couldnt have a huge impact. Especially up ending the preperation. Big asterik on this game no matter who wins. Shame.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 am Kirtland isn't gonna get tired. Bank on that. Kirtland isn't gonna tell ya many secrets either. They dare ya to stop em. What does that mean? It means Ironton has to find 4 complete quarters of high level execution. Mentally. Physically. They have to match Kirtlands strength and endurance, and exceed their execution. Ironton is cut from the same cloth. Physical. Nasty. Aggressive. Dedicated. Disciplined & well coached. The season is gonna end similar to how it started. Chaos & disorder. Ironton is hungry. Kirtland is confident and comfortable in the big game. I am critical of the late change and I still feel it will play a role BUT I understand if it brings some adversity, it also brings some positive. For Ironton, a team so accustomed to this late season business trip across the state, maybe in some weird way the late change to location conjures up something that feels real traditional in a otherwise untraditional season? Maybe it was mean to be. One thing is for sure. I've called it twice. Pre location change 17 - 14 Ironton. Post change: see above. I honestly think it is too close to call. It's gonna come down to a couple plays that decide a quarter imo. How much space exist between #1 & #2?? I think this game is gonna be a classic. Ohio State/Indiana. Ironton/Kirtland. Saturday is booked!!!
I said the same thing few pages back. I don’t think one or the other runs away with it. I think it will be who makes the most plays in key situations. If there is one positive, there are Tigers everywhere at Massillon and one of the end zones is painted with the word Tigers. May feel more at home
NOT SO FAST!

Been there done that In the 90’s dominant years.
Came up short in the finals more than once.

The Sandusky Perkins game still stings.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 am Kirtland isn't gonna get tired. Bank on that. Kirtland isn't gonna tell ya many secrets either. They dare ya to stop em. What does that mean? It means Ironton has to find 4 complete quarters of high level execution. Mentally. Physically. They have to match Kirtlands strength and endurance, and exceed their execution. Ironton is cut from the same cloth. Physical. Nasty. Aggressive. Dedicated. Disciplined & well coached. The season is gonna end similar to how it started. Chaos & disorder. Ironton is hungry. Kirtland is confident and comfortable in the big game. I am critical of the late change and I still feel it will play a role BUT I understand if it brings some adversity, it also brings some positive. For Ironton, a team so accustomed to this late season business trip across the state, maybe in some weird way the late change to location conjures up something that feels real traditional in a otherwise untraditional season? Maybe it was mean to be. One thing is for sure. I've called it twice. Pre location change 17 - 14 Ironton. Post change: see above. I honestly think it is too close to call. It's gonna come down to a couple plays that decide a quarter imo. How much space exist between #1 & #2?? I think this game is gonna be a classic. Ohio State/Indiana. Ironton/Kirtland. Saturday is booked!!!
Everything is good until the Ohio State/ Indiana reference. The B10 is TERRIBLE this year and IU is this year's feel good, gotta put'em in the ratings somewhere school for the conference. :lol: :lol:
....... anyway, Go Tigers !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

🐝🏈🏆
Attachments
F4446C21-1FA7-4C3A-970E-278336A9AF3D.jpeg

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

I feel like we are working against the clock. Its very possible these games could be cancelled or moved again any moment now tbh.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Well NB had to travel further and so far no negative effect. They are winning

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:41 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 am
I said the same thing few pages back. I don’t think one or the other runs away with it. I think it will be who makes the most plays in key situations. If there is one positive, there are Tigers everywhere at Massillon and one of the end zones is painted with the word Tigers. May feel more at home
NOT SO FAST!

Been there done that In the 90’s dominant years.
Came up short in the finals more than once.

The Sandusky Perkins game still stings.
When I heard that they changed the location to Massillon, that '99 game against Perkins was the first thing that came to mind. That game was in Massillon and it didn't end too well for Ironton. I still think Ironton has a chance, but they better not go for it on 4th and 1 on their own 29, like they did back then.

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

What channel on spectrum is game on this Saturday?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

👀
Attachments
Screenshot_20201120-164142_Facebook.jpg

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Let's go Ironton Fighting Tigers. Represent SEO WELL and bring it home for your fans and town. (Plus all of Southeast Ohio)

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

🐝🏈🏆
Attachments
17380F1E-81B6-4A14-AE33-4F750CCAB538.jpeg

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »