BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Waverly 2021

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:15 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:11 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:51 pm

Isn't Hurd a running back? He didn't play any quarterback that I saw
He’ll still be RB, I’m talking about his cousin.
Hurd ? Doesn’t he play at west or am I thinking of another player?
He enrolled at Waverly today.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:35 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:11 pm

He’ll still be RB, I’m talking about his cousin.
Nice free agent for Waverly. Seems like west gets hammered with losing kids these days .

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

smurray wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:11 pm He’ll still be RB, I’m talking about his cousin.
Open enrollment or move in?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Open enrollment or move in?
Move in

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:42 pm

Nice free agent for Waverly. Seems like west gets hammered with losing kids these days .
West has lost alot of kids in the younger grades to Notre Dame.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

That has been public knowledge for quite some time that he was coming to Waverly..... just a matter of when.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

smurray wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:21 pm That has been public knowledge for quite some time that he was coming to Waverly..... just a matter of when.
Waverly getting a lot of quality move ins. Almost have to to keep pace with Wheelersburg.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:22 pm
smurray wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:21 pm That has been public knowledge for quite some time that he was coming to Waverly..... just a matter of when.
Waverly getting a lot of quality move ins. Almost have to to keep pace with Wheelersburg.
Build it and they shall come, lol.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

smurray wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:24 pm
Build it and they shall come, lol.
Yep.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

And ironton

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

packers80 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:44 pm
And ironton
If you ain’t good at ‘crootin you ain’t gonna win

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:24 pm

And ironton
That's right

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:39 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:44 pm Who’s in line to QB?
Of course Wade Futhey (class of 2022), twin brother of Will, was the immediate backup to Shanks and has the most work and reps of anyone coming back. Hudson Kelly (class of 2023) could be competing for the spot as well. The Hurd boy coming in as a Sophomore has some really good size and looked good when he came in against the Tigers this past season, completed some nice passes. Not sure if there's anybody else...
I’d say Wade Futhey will be your starter. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hudson Kelly get moved to a different position, he’ll be a Junior this coming season and I think could be helpful somewhere on the field. He is also more of a mobile QB and I don’t think will be the QB after next season when he is a Senior with who is coming up behind him. The two back ups will probably be Hurd as a Sophomore and Mason Kelly as a Freshman. Haven’t seen much of Hurd but Mason has a nice arm and can make some nice throws and will only get better as he continues to learn. Before the Hurd boy moved in, I’d say Mason was going to take over as a Sophomore after this coming season. But never a bad thing to have plenty of options.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

And ironton
That's generally how it works in this area, take Burg for example the area they're in is perfect for a plus education in comparison to the other schools, they offer football where some in the area don't have it. Then when you factor in facilities and winning culture it speaks for itself and to those on the outside looking in. Ironton is turning that way way, Pendleton has changed the program around he has connections to the colleges and runs his program along same type of path colleges are running things. Again from the outside looking in yet another program to look at. Waverly has improved their facilities to where they're some of the best in the area. Now factor in the number of athletes being looked at by colleges including a D1 prospect who is bringing in college recruiters which in turn opens it up for other players. Yet another school from the outside looking in has things really rolling in their direction. So to say this move in or this guy open enrolled is these kids want the best and want to take a shot any one of those 3 programs in this area have resumes that speak for themselves. Northwest has just now put a bunch of money into bigger better facilities but it's pretty soon if it's going to have that same effect.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:18 am

And ironton
That's generally how it works in this area, take Burg for example the area they're in is perfect for a plus education in comparison to the other schools, they offer football where some in the area don't have it. Then when you factor in facilities and winning culture it speaks for itself and to those on the outside looking in. Ironton is turning that way way, Pendleton has changed the program around he has connections to the colleges and runs his program along same type of path colleges are running things. Again from the outside looking in yet another program to look at. Waverly has improved their facilities to where they're some of the best in the area. Now factor in the number of athletes being looked at by colleges including a D1 prospect who is bringing in college recruiters which in turn opens it up for other players. Yet another school from the outside looking in has things really rolling in their direction. So to say this move in or this guy open enrolled is these kids want the best and want to take a shot any one of those 3 programs in this area have resumes that speak for themselves. Northwest has just now put a bunch of money into bigger better facilities but it's pretty soon if it's going to have that same effect.
Northwest transitioning back to SOC 2 in a couple of years may hurt their program slightly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:18 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:44 pm Who’s in line to QB?
Of course Wade Futhey (class of 2022), twin brother of Will, was the immediate backup to Shanks and has the most work and reps of anyone coming back. Hudson Kelly (class of 2023) could be competing for the spot as well. The Hurd boy coming in as a Sophomore has some really good size and looked good when he came in against the Tigers this past season, completed some nice passes. Not sure if there's anybody else...
I’d say Wade Futhey will be your starter. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hudson Kelly get moved to a different position, he’ll be a Junior this coming season and I think could be helpful somewhere on the field. He is also more of a mobile QB and I don’t think will be the QB after next season when he is a Senior with who is coming up behind him. The two back ups will probably be Hurd as a Sophomore and Mason Kelly as a Freshman. Haven’t seen much of Hurd but Mason has a nice arm and can make some nice throws and will only get better as he continues to learn. Before the Hurd boy moved in, I’d say Mason was going to take over as a Sophomore after this coming season. But never a bad thing to have plenty of options.
That's an interesting take, really the only leg up Wade has though is in knowing the system. I believe from a talent and arm talent especially the Hurd boy is going to push for the starting position or wouldn't surprise me to see him alternate in and then take over. I believe until week 1 the QB competition will be wide open at Waverly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:21 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:18 am

Northwest transitioning back to SOC 2 in a couple of years may hurt their program slightly.
EW, yeah I forgot all about that that's going to be tough to compete. I'm curious on everyone's thought on Lucasville Valley they were only what 3-4 boys away from DVII?? Will they stay put or will they look to leave, once you start getting that small to compete with those bigger schools you've almost got to have a special class or 2 come through.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly will also have a lot of options at RB. With Dawson Shoemaker coming back this year, Peyton Harris and Jace Hurd. They will have a few nice freshman coming in who will be players in the next couple of years. I don’t see any of them contributing this coming season except for one, and that boy could see playing time on both sides of the ball. He will be a very good football player. Just hope he chooses to stay at Waverly.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 am

That's an interesting take, really the only leg up Wade has though is in knowing the system. I believe from a talent and arm talent especially the Hurd boy is going to push for the starting position or wouldn't surprise me to see him alternate in and then take over. I believe until week 1 the QB competition will be wide open at Waverly.
Idk much about Hurd. He very well could compete for the starter this year and may be overall a more talented QB. Would love to see competition between all of them, will only make them better. But you are right, Wade does know the system very well which gives him an advantage. I think Wade does have some talent tho, he throws a decent ball and uses his legs well. I think the thing with Wade that will help him is the system may be built around more of his strengths if they decide to go with him. The past two seasons when he would step in and play he was trying to execute plays that were meant for Haydn. And that’s a tough thing to do. Haydn was one of a kind and to expect anyone to step in do what was asked of Haydn themselves is a tough spot to be in.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:40 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 am

Idk much about Hurd. He very well could compete for the starter this year and may be overall a more talented QB. Would love to see competition between all of them, will only make them better. But you are right, Wade does know the system very well which gives him an advantage. I think Wade does have some talent tho, he throws a decent ball and uses his legs well. I think the thing with Wade that will help him is the system may be built around more of his strengths if they decide to go with him. The past two seasons when he would step in and play he was trying to execute plays that were meant for Haydn. And that’s a tough thing to do. Haydn was one of a kind and to expect anyone to step in do what was asked of Haydn themselves is a tough spot to be in.
If it’s the Hurd boy that played QB at west, he needs to play QB. He’s going to be good

Return to “Football”