EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Trimble 2021

Post by EasternDspy »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:00 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:56 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 pm
Fort frye plays there in 2021
I'm gonna say Fort by 21 even @ Trimble but at least Trimble stepped up to play them. Kudos to the Tomcats. It's a shame the TVC voted them down for conference affiliation but I guess some bigger schools in SEO just don't like good competition in the major sports.
Pretty bold prediction considering the Tomcats return the entire team
Fort Frye returns a ton as well. Top 2 rushers , Qb , and 3 lineman. I haven’t watched Trimble enough to say will win by 21.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:48 am

I'm gonna say Fort by 21 even @ Trimble but at least Trimble stepped up to play them. Kudos to the Tomcats. It's a shame the TVC voted them down for conference affiliation but I guess some bigger schools in SEO just don't like good competition in the major sports.
Fort Frye returns a ton as well. Top 2 rushers , Qb , and 3 lineman. I haven’t watched Trimble enough to say will win by 21.
Come on now. You have to know that the wee cats return way more than anyone else in the state does regardless of division. You've had to have read that on here at least a dozen, or 100, times. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Come on now. You have to know that the wee cats return way more than anyone else in the state does regardless of division. You've had to have read that on here at least a dozen, or 100, times. :mrgreen:
Fort Frye will push them around. Fort Frye line will be even better.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Fort Frye will push them around. Fort Frye line will be even better.
Oh boy, I hope you're prepared to receive the wrath from the wee cat dads and moms on here for that comment. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fort plugs'n-plays better than Trimble here lately and have continued to get better. I'm sticking with my earlier prediction. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:24 pm My last trip to Trimble was for the Cincinnati Christian Hills game (2018). I am hoping to cover A game there in 2021. Most likely A home playoff game, unless there are some new teams on the schedule.
Trimble was supposed to play Lucas and Vinton County before the 6 game schedule was released.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I would love to have seen the Lucas game.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:01 pm I would love to have seen the Lucas game.
Yea I saw that one guy from Lucas got on here and said Trimble "got lucky" by not having to play them this year. That goes along with others on here saying Trimble "got lucky" in half their wins this year. I bet that guy thinks Trimble "got lucky" every time they played Lucas since we are undefeated against them. :D

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Tow Head wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:50 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:01 pm I would love to have seen the Lucas game.
Yea I saw that one guy from Lucas got on here and said Trimble "got lucky" by not having to play them this year. That goes along with others on here saying Trimble "got lucky" in half their wins this year. I bet that guy thinks Trimble "got lucky" every time they played Lucas since we are undefeated against them. :D
Yes, we know you get offended by people mentioning the possibility of luck being involved in any of your wins. Yet that didn't keep you from claiming that Newark Catholic got lucky when they beat you. Does that mean they got lucky every time they've played you since they are undefeated against you? :lol:

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Its not Trimbles fault that they prepare better than just about everyone.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

hannancoach wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:34 pm Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Its not Trimbles fault that they prepare better than just about everyone.
Everyone except Newark Catholic. :lol:

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

The Cats used to have the luxury of having a veteran state champion coach, the only one in school history, coaching the Jr High team. He was prolly the most innovative coach in school history. He was also so versatile that he could successfully adjust the offense to fit his players every year. Those players felt like champions before they ever entered high school. Then some daddy and grand daddy got in fat Phil from Walnut Hill's ear and forced said state champion coach out the door. Daddy ball and grand pappy ball ensued and down went the program. It affected the varsity program too. Then Phil wised up and brought the legend back and the rest is history. Now they have a couple Phil cronies running it and that's not all bad because at least it's not daddy ball. They run pretty much what Phil and Brady run. I look for a return to the top again in the future and wouldn't be surprised to see another trip to Canton. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Fat Phil form Walnut Hill has always needed someone to help him make major decisions. Thats why the state champion has been around so much. Maybe only as a consultant now but where else do you think the gambler came up with all those trick plays?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:09 pm Fat Phil form Walnut Hill has always needed someone to help him make major decisions. Thats why the state champion has been around so much. Maybe only as a consultant now but where else do you think the gambler came up with all those trick plays?
I'm just glad the era of daddy 1, daddy 2 and grand pappy is over. Ridding the program of daddy ball was the best move Phil me ever made. On the other hand, allowing it to get started was the worst.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Pat wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:55 pm
hannancoach wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:34 pm Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Its not Trimbles fault that they prepare better than just about everyone.
Even in perfect preparation, everyone is going to meet their match. NC was just the better team. Plain and simple. We understand you hate Trimble for some reason, but why can’t you agree that they do prepare well every week for their opponent? Can’t take away from the coaching staff and the kids that give 110% every week. That goes for every team.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:22 am
Even in perfect preparation, everyone is going to meet their match. NC was just the better team. Plain and simple. We understand you hate Trimble for some reason, but why can’t you agree that they do prepare well every week for their opponent? Can’t take away from the coaching staff and the kids that give 110% every week. That goes for every team.
No team gives 110%. That's mathematically impossible. I don't hate them. But what I see in a lot of Trimble fans is when they lose the other team usually "got lucky" in some fashion or another. It's never, "the other team prepared well for us and that's why they got 4 pics." It's, "well they were lucky we turned the ball over so many times or it would have been different." But when the other team turns the ball over it's' " our preparation helped us force those turnovers." :o

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Pat wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:52 am

No team gives 110%. That's mathematically impossible. I don't hate them. But what I see in a lot of Trimble fans is when they lose the other team usually "got lucky" in some fashion or another. It's never, "the other team prepared well for us and that's why they got 4 pics." It's, "well they were lucky we turned the ball over so many times or it would have been different." But when the other team turns the ball over it's' " our preparation helped us force those turnovers." :o
Those so called fans that say they got lucky are not fans they are trolls that have nothing to do with the community.

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:28 am

Those so called fans that say they got lucky are not fans they are trolls that have nothing to do with the community.
Hmmmm... Trolls? Really? Well, they post on here a lot about Trimble and many who say that go to Trimble games and live in the Trimble district. So, they sure are working hard to prove they're not trolls if in fact they really are as you say they are. :lol:

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Don’t know what team you watch week in and week out, but sounds like you need to find another one if the kids ain’t leaving everything they have on the field ever Friday or Saturday night. That’s probably why Trimble is such a successful program, because those kids do give 110% regardless of your “mathematical facts.” Usually undersized, but rarely outplayed.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Don’t know what team you watch week in and week out, but sounds like you need to find another one if the kids ain’t leaving everything they have on the field ever Friday or Saturday night. That’s probably why Trimble is such a successful program, because those kids do give 110% regardless of your “mathematical facts.” Usually undersized, but rarely outplayed.
Again, it's impossible to give 110%. And I guarantee no team, player or coach even gives 100% effort for a whole game. If they did every tackle would be exactly the same, every pass, catch, run, block etc. Yes, they may give great effort. But no one goes 100% on every play every game. It's an old cliche' and a great thing to tell players but it just doesn't happen in reality.

Return to “Football”