2021 Trimble Tomcats

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Re: 2021 Trimble Tomcats

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:15 pm Cincinnati College Prep would be one they should look at.
Benedictine or Wilmington would be the other two.
Cincinnati College Prep would be a good choice. I don't know about Benedictine or Wilmington. But, Trimble is a school that will play a football game anywhere if told to show up. The Benedictine game would be a tough one if scheduled, but it would show where we stand in small-school football. Wilmington would also be another game to show where we stand in small-school football as we are trying to schedule up.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:10 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:15 pm Cincinnati College Prep would be one they should look at.
Cincinnati College Prep would be a good choice. I don't know about Benedictine or Wilmington. But, Trimble is a school that will play a football game anywhere if told to show up. The Benedictine game would be a tough one if scheduled, but it would show where we stand in small-school football. Wilmington would also be another game to show where we stand in small-school football as we are trying to schedule up.
Trimble AD posted on ohsaa that they are looking for a D6 or D7 school so I don't know about the whole "trying to schedule up" thing.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

icanpickem wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:14 pm
TomcatFootball11 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:10 am
Trimble AD posted on ohsaa that they are looking for a D6 or D7 school so I don't know about the whole "trying to schedule up" thing.
Union Local would make perfect sense, even if they are D5.

Blitzkreig77
Waterboy

Post by Blitzkreig77 »

Don't worry they will find another cream puff to go with their weak TVC schedule. As much respect that I have for this football program, it frustrates me that they don't play better opponents. Kudos on Fort Frye though.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Blitzkreig77 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:18 am Don't worry they will find another cream puff to go with their weak TVC schedule. As much respect that I have for this football program, it frustrates me that they don't play better opponents. Kudos on Fort Frye though.
Recent opponents CHCA and Worthington Christian are two teams that other programs Trimble’s size in SEO would not dare to schedule.

I don’t think it is fair to say Trimble doesn’t challenge themselves in non-conference. With the exception of Waterford, no one else in the Hocking schedules games that they could be underdogs in. Heck, you can’t even get any of the others to play D7 schools right up the road off 33 — unless of course it’s 0-30 FCA.

Blitzkreig77
Waterboy

Post by Blitzkreig77 »

I just think a program of the prowess of Trimble, not to mention their toughness, should be stretching themselves more when scheduling. Just because other TVC or Southern Ohio D7 schools do not, isn't an excuse for a program the caliber of Trimble! Especially now that 12 teams make the playoffs. No disrespect to Worthington Christian but football power they are not, so please do not say scheduling them is a big deal.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Blitzkreig77 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm I just think a program of the prowess of Trimble, not to mention their toughness, should be stretching themselves more when scheduling. Just because other TVC or Southern Ohio D7 schools do not, isn't an excuse for a program the caliber of Trimble! Especially now that 12 teams make the playoffs. No disrespect to Worthington Christian but football power they are not, so please do not say scheduling them is a big deal.
I had heard they were trying to work something out with Ironton, but maybe that was a JV game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Blitzkreig77 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm I just think a program of the prowess of Trimble, not to mention their toughness, should be stretching themselves more when scheduling. Just because other TVC or Southern Ohio D7 schools do not, isn't an excuse for a program the caliber of Trimble! Especially now that 12 teams make the playoffs. No disrespect to Worthington Christian but football power they are not, so please do not say scheduling them is a big deal.
They had Lucas scheduled in 2020. And Fort Frye.

Worthington Christian is a very respectable opponent. Far better than most of the competition that other teams in Trimble’s league schedule... like Bridgeport, Beallsville, Huntington, FCA.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Winning is the expectation of Trimble. You cant win without playing some creampuffs. Thats how we have always done it. The Gambler has a plan. Play soft in non conference games and make the playoffs every year because rarely is another hocking team gonna challenge the wee cats,

GO BUCKS!

Blitzkreig77
Waterboy

Post by Blitzkreig77 »

I think you miss my point Trimble shouldn't gauge their scheduling versus that of their league opponents because quite frankly they are a better program than those schools so should be scheduling like the top-notch program they are instead of padding the record with unworthy opponents. The people in charge of the scheduling need to take a growth mindset and stretch their players. Trimble is too good to not scheduling up in their nonleague schedule at every slot. Fort Frye is a great example, that is the type of game that will stretch both programs and allow them to grow win or lose.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Blitzkreig77 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:18 am I think you miss my point Trimble shouldn't gauge their scheduling versus that of their league opponents because quite frankly they are a better program than those schools so should be scheduling like the top-notch program they are instead of padding the record with unworthy opponents. The people in charge of the scheduling need to take a growth mindset and stretch their players. Trimble is too good to not scheduling up in their nonleague schedule at every slot. Fort Frye is a great example, that is the type of game that will stretch both programs and allow them to grow win or lose.
I don’t understand how you can say scheduling CHCA, Ft. Frye, Lucas and Worthington Christian isn’t “scheduling up” while saying that the non-league schedules of Trimble’s league opponents don’t matter in the discussion.

What is your baseline, then, or point of comparison on scheduling up? Ft. Frye’s regular season schedule? OK, but, like, I don’t think Meadowbrook, Wheeling Central, Williamstown and one good Warren team is significantly better than Lucas or CHCA <— also, FF has way more opportunities to schedule those teams since they are practically an independent. Trimble also plays N-Y every year.
I’m not sure what you can expect of them?

JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

They do play some pretty crappy competition. Not one decent program on that schedule.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Blitzkreig77 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:18 am I think you miss my point Trimble shouldn't gauge their scheduling versus that of their league opponents because quite frankly they are a better program than those schools so should be scheduling like the top-notch program they are instead of padding the record with unworthy opponents. The people in charge of the scheduling need to take a growth mindset and stretch their players. Trimble is too good to not scheduling up in their nonleague schedule at every slot. Fort Frye is a great example, that is the type of game that will stretch both programs and allow them to grow win or lose.
Trimble needs to nut up and move to the Ohio Division. They'd beat those teams too but it would be better competition and that way teams might stop the mass exodus from the Hocking. If they don't move up soon they'll be in a two or three team division and be forced up when the league is forced to go to one division. But they seem to like beating up on the lesser teams in the Hocking so I think they'll hang onto it as long as they can. :mrgreen:

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

meatswinger wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm
Trimble needs to nut up and move to the Ohio Division. They'd beat those teams too but it would be better competition and that way teams might stop the mass exodus from the Hocking. If they don't move up soon they'll be in a two or three team division and be forced up when the league is forced to go to one division. But they seem to like beating up on the lesser teams in the Hocking so I think they'll hang onto it as long as they can. :mrgreen:
Prolly see NY move down before you see Trimble move up. Just a hunch.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Pat wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:04 am
Their are zero plans for that to happen.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:14 am
Pat wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:04 am

Their are zero plans for that to happen.
Well, if that's the case there is less than zero plans for Trimble to move up. :lol:

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Heck no Trimble wont move up. The Gambler knows he is shooting fish in a barrell in the Hocking. If he played up it would the end of all those shutouts and undefeated seasons.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

rumor has it NY is beginning the process to petition the league to drop to the hocking in all sports

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:59 pm rumor has it NY is beginning the process to petition the league to drop to the hocking in all sports
There is NO WAY we allow this to happen

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 pm
SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:59 pm rumor has it NY is beginning the process to petition the league to drop to the hocking in all sports
There is NO WAY we allow this to happen
It won't happen. Only way it does is if Nelsonville-York drops to Division 7 in football, then its a possibility.

Return to “Football”