Thankful for the season

wobycat
SEOPS

Thankful for the season

Post by wobycat »

I’m just thankful that the season was played. I don’t agree with the social distancing imposed on the fans. There’s more restrictions now since it arrived and we continue to have rise in cases. Not trying to start a thread in that direction just my opinion but I’m thankful that these group of seniors were able to play their last season.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Thankful for the season

Post by art_vandelay »

No doubt. Heard some whining in Ironton thread prior to the game about canceling games instead of playing at Massillon?!? Unreal...kids got a full season in and OHSAA should be given credit for getting it done.

Keeping my fingers crossed for winter sports and think spring sports should get back on track when weather warms up. Hopefully football season next year will have more fans in the stands, but as long as kids getting to play, I can keep my butt at home and watch on computer*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'm extremely happy for the seniors. I couldn't imagine how devastated I would have been had they canceled my senior year. Kids wanna play. Kids wanna hit. They couldn't care less when or where. Congrats to all the seniors. Trust me, these memories last a lifetime.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

From the first day the ohsaa let us start practice in June up until the day of the first game it was very stressful. Our kids didn't know if they would have a season and neither did the staff. Kids kept showing up and the staff kept coming and coaching them up. I am thankful to the ohsaa and the governor's office for letting our kids play. We had a group of seniors who treated every game like it was their last and gave everything they had. Hats off to all the kids, coaches, and support staff for doing everything that was asked by the ohsaa and governor's office in order to play this year. Can't wait until next year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Was cool to see the players get some sort of season in. I really think the way the social distancing thing was wrong. If you watched the state finals games, you can see how much they did not enforce them. Restricting fans and media from the games was laughable at best.

Return to “Football”