Which State Championship Game Produced The Biggest Bust?

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Which State Championship Game Produced The Biggest Bust?

Post by Kirtland80 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:19 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:47 am D7 and D2 weren’t really big surprises. Hoban and New Bremen were favored pretty heavily. I didn’t expect the D1 or the D5 scores though
WHOA!!! Do I need to pull the post up where you disagreed with me and said Massillon would give them a game? :D
Massillon were heavy underdogs. I just went with the upset on their home field. It wasn’t surprising they lost

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:04 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:11 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

It would have been fun to play Coldwater. Those guys play hard, make plays and don’t quit coming at you. Van Wert and Chardon would have been fun too. Anything over that level (Hoban or St. X) I think we would be outmatched
Divisions have realigned & expanded 4 times over the years. Kirtland is right where they need to be in the smaller divisions. You would be competitive in D4 right now but for a whole playoff season it would be very, very difficult....and leave D1- D3 playoffs to the big boys. 8-)
We’d win D4. We stuck a running clock on Lake Catholic before pulling starters. 31-0. Preps likes us by 10 over Van Wert and we were only favored by 7 against Ironton. D3 would be harder but we’d make a good run in there. D2 and D1 forget it
Like I said, you're right where you need to be, enjoy it.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Sharon Peters
Waterboy

Post by Sharon Peters »

Well based on the way TigerNation gets on here and talks smack about what a great program they got. I have to say the Arnton game to me was the biggest bust. I felt like a Tiger Title was guaranteed. I dont know what they are doing in that town all year but it aint getting ready to seal the deal. This aint your grandpappies Tiger Football team and i doubt we ever see that again.

Clay Alexander
Waterboy

Post by Clay Alexander »

Sharon Peters wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 pm Well based on the way TigerNation gets on here and talks smack about what a great program they got. I have to say the Arnton game to me was the biggest bust. I felt like a Tiger Title was guaranteed. I dont know what they are doing in that town all year but it aint getting ready to seal the deal. This aint your grandpappies Tiger Football team and i doubt we ever see that again.
Maybe. But you know what they say. "All the other teams in that division would love to trade places with them and take that assp pounding in the state finals." It's shows they expect to get "bareassed" and readily accept it apparently.

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Another bonanza year for NEO. Seven geographic teams from NEO played in 6 of the 7 state championship games winning half the titles they played for. Hoban, Chardon and Kirtland State Champs. Runners up from Springfield, Massillon, Warren JFK, and Mentor Lake Catholic. Congrats guys !

Have gun, will travel
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:51 pm Another bonanza year for NEO. Seven geographic teams from NEO played in 6 of the 7 state championship games winning half the titles they played for. Hoban, Chardon and Kirtland State Champs. Runners up from Springfield, Massillon, Warren JFK, and Mentor Lake Catholic. Congrats guys !

NEO BIG BOYIN THE SOUTHERN TEAMS AS USUAL.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Outta curiosity, I was looking into some demographics Ironton/Kirtland.

Couple things stand out.

Avg income Kirtland approaches about 90 k. For Ironton its around 50 k. Property value is disproportionate also. Of course cost of living is a bit higher in NEO but there is also more opportunity to earn more.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The only thing that matters is Kirtland out performed. Dollars don't matter unless the team members were working part time jobs while.playing. I'm betting that wasn't the case. The gym is typically free. Running the road is definitely free. Being a physical specimen is certainly free.

The only thing separating south central Ohio from NEO is heart, desire, and commitment. Put in the time or be irrelevant on the big stage

#noexcuses

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:51 pm Another bonanza year for NEO. Seven geographic teams from NEO played in 6 of the 7 state championship games winning half the titles they played for. Hoban, Chardon and Kirtland State Champs. Runners up from Springfield, Massillon, Warren JFK, and Mentor Lake Catholic. Congrats guys !
Bash Ironton for getting beat but then congratulate JFK and Massillon for getting crushed. Your hypocrisy never ceases to amaze.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Thank you. Hopefully we can get another next season

6O HORN3TS 🐝
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

For a team that was dubbed to be a "generational force" earlier this year in Ironton, I would have to agree that the D5 game was the biggest bust. Give Kirtland credit, they're good and took it to their opposition in every phase of the game. But for ironton to show up unprepared and uninspired was very odd.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FIDO wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:42 am The only thing that matters is Kirtland out performed. Dollars don't matter unless the team members were working part time jobs while.playing. I'm betting that wasn't the case. The gym is typically free. Running the road is definitely free. Being a physical specimen is certainly free.

The only thing separating south central Ohio from NEO is heart, desire, and commitment. Put in the time or be irrelevant on the big stage

#noexcuses
Well said. Some of our kids lift sandbags at home after the gym

#noexcuses

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bird Dog wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:23 am
Bash Ironton for getting beat but then congratulate JFK and Massillon for getting crushed. Your hypocrisy never ceases to amaze.
Everyone knows the only reason this thread was made was to bash Ironton.

Tell me again, what other Team from Southeast Ohio has a State Runner-Up Trophy from the past two Seasons, I’ll wait.....Tic.....Toc......Tic......Toc.......

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Tell me again, what other Team from Southeast Ohio has a State Runner-Up Trophy from the past two Seasons, I’ll wait.....Tic.....Toc......Tic......Toc.......
Well burg won the championship three years ago.

Ironton did great going back to back but You have to admit there was a lot of hype and talk coming out of the irontons corner this year.

ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by ReachHigher »

Definitely Ironton. All # talk and no get up and go. We could have won that game if we were playing in it. We have the get up and go and we’re not all #’s

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:19 pm

If you can't take it, don't dish it. Ironton dished it all year and didn't back it up.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:17 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:10 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm Ironton looked awful. No offense. Looks like Fort Frye was the 2020 SEO champs
I don't know about that with all divisions but Fort has no real passing offense to help offset the running game, much like Ironton and Trimble. Defense still wins Championships but a one trick pony offense with few variations doesn't help your defenses get off the field against great teams in the semis or finals in today's game. Their were many State finals years ago that ended 7-0, 8-7, 7-6 , 6-0 and even 3-0. Those days are gone as the evolution of offenses has progressed immensely over the defenses. Just my take.
Now adays offense wins games more on average. Gotta have a potent offense.
Offense has always won games. Defense wins championships. Kirtland needed a safety at most to beat Ironton. All of these "busts" could be explained away by one team having a superior defensive gameplan.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

ReachHigher wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:28 pm Definitely Ironton. All # talk and no get up and go. We could have won that game if we were playing in it. We have the get up and go and we’re not all #’s
Who's we? 😂 Woulda beat who? lol. Stop it.

Return to “Football”