2021 Wheelersburg Pirates

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Re: Burg 2021

Post by Fan Friday »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:12 am
Fan Friday wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:43 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:36 pm

I know his family, you couldn’t pry him from Ironton lol.
Why would he want to leave and go to Burg??? He’s an amazing kid, with amazing friends and teammates with 2 State Championship appearances in the past 2 years!! Trust me ain’t no kid that is a starter or very good player that wants to leave Ironton to go to the Burg. Kids at Ironton are faithful to their school.
But are they at their previous school? Lol

Hey burg will take the ironton kids that get passed up on playing time by the transfers. We can start the first high school transfer portal. Like what the colleges do now.
Even 2nd string wouldn’t want to leave and go to Burg! I’m not sure who you are talking about! But you obviously have a player in mind and insinuating some kid so just come out and say who you are speaking of. Then we can have a discussion.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

ReachHigher wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 pm We will get there and we will show you how it’s done versus Kirtland when we do. It’s not our fault you put up a goose egg but we had fun watching you do it
Well ya got to get there first! For now you’ve just been watching from your TV in your living room! We thank you for following every single step of our football season! We appreciate all the support!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:28 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:43 am

Why would he want to leave and go to Burg??? He’s an amazing kid, with amazing friends and teammates with 2 State Championship appearances in the past 2 years!! Trust me ain’t no kid that is a starter or very good player that wants to leave Ironton to go to the Burg. Kids at Ironton are faithful to their school.

Hey burg will take the ironton kids that get passed up on playing time by the transfers. We can start the first high school transfer portal. Like what the colleges do now.
Even 2nd string wouldn’t want to leave and go to Burg! I’m not sure who you are talking about! But you obviously have a player in mind and insinuating some kid so just come out and say who you are speaking of. Then we can have a discussion.
Didn’t a few come in this year from other schools? I didn’t see them on last year’s roster.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Got to get over the fact kids leave schools to go play at another. It’s part of modern era football Just as a shot on a WR coming across the middle earned you a helmet sticker in 1995. But in 2020 Yiu are kicked out of the game. The NCAA Tranfer Portal. It’s part of college football. Now. Times change.

The Hoban/Massillon game. I quit counting. How many kids from Hoban. Started at Massillon. Or how many players started at Massillon and were now on Hoban. It is what it is. Parents want what’s Best for their child and who is an outsider to pass judgement on why another family chose to move to another school district. Every reason is different. But one thing stays the same. It was the best decision for the child in the parent(s) mind.

And I still can’t believe people get on here snd knock athletes like Reid Carrico Tanner Holden. Etc. my goodness those are some of the FINEST athletes SEO has dished out. And to bash these KIDS or say they won’t do well....baffles me. They have done more then 95% of the people that get on here and bash em. I’m gonna assume they do it because they couldn’t earn a starting spot on a high school football team in SEO themselves so the ones that do excel and move on. it’s just in their jealous nature to wish the successful ones Ill-fate......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Didn’t a few come in this year from other schools? I didn’t see them on last year’s roster.
Yes I believe there were some boys that moved here from Mississippi. How long do players have to go to a school before they are considered not a transfer? Because we could start dropping names. However I personally don’t care who leaves and who comes! But it happens at every year at both these schools. Let’s not pretend!
Last edited by Fan Friday on Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:07 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Yes I there were some boys that moved here from Mississippi. How long do players have to go to a school before they are considered not a transfer? Because we could start dropping names. However I personally don’t care who leaves and who comes! But it happens at every year at both these schools. Let’s not pretend!
Mississippi? How many transferred in? I thought one came from burg and the other came from West Virginia somewhere.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

3.Two Jrs and a soph.One started,the other two were backups.All 3 have potential .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:35 am 3.Two Jrs and a soph.One started,the other two were backups.All 3 have potential .
So there were 6?

Burg kid, 3 Mississippi kids, West Virginia kid and the kicker?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:04 pm Burg managed to put about 8 yrs of dominance together in their history. Ironton however dominated locally for a straight decade.

Pfft. Ya not Ashland. Ashland is the one quality reg seaaon opponent. Burgs a small school ( like Ironton) that is mostly competitive locally.. SEO programs are SOFT.

Heard they were gonna change the mascot from a jolly buccaneer to a Ridgewood doormat.

Btw. SOUTH CHARLESTON OR CABELL MIDLAND would RAPE burg. LOL
What’s irontons state championship winning percentage out of their appearances?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

“Holden = average” how so?
“Small school” he led that small school to a ncaa tournament birth as a freshman and led the horizon as a freshman in many areas

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:41 am
artisgilmore wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:35 am 3.Two Jrs and a soph.One started,the other two were backups.All 3 have potential .
So there were 6?

Apparently you know much more about Ironton’s football team than their own fans😂 Ok to answer your question, I was in correct. We had 4 transfers. 1) I believe from Mississippi (do not have confirmation on that) but I’m pretty sure. 2) moved in from WV. 3) a kid from Burg (don’t know the whole story to that) 4) a kid from Canton. Now only one of those players were starters and the others did not get much playing time. So we had a total of 4. I don’t understand your thinking process about transfers. Again who cares. You had a quarterback transfer in a couple weeks before the season started. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black. Move on. I can think of 6 kids of the top of my head that transferred to Burg in the past 2 years or so not including the quarterback. Nobody cares!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

So there were 6?

The Kicker is not a transfer, he goes to Ironton St Joseph which doesn't have football. He can play at Ironton because of OHSAA's rule.

How many starting Seniors does the Pirates lose from this year?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 pm
frankie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:52 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm Burg will win the next two regionals possibly three. They will be in the state championship at least one of the next two maybe both.
That's what you think, I think you Burg fans will be on here posting your usual excuses this time next year. If this hadn't happened, it that had happened, the game was closer than the score, blah blah blah.
You’ll see
:lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:40 pm
So there were 6?

The Kicker is not a transfer, he goes to Ironton St Joseph which doesn't have football. He can play at Ironton because of OHSAA's rule.

How many starting Seniors does the Pirates lose from this year?
All of them. Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be pretty good.

Offense high points: they will have the twins back and their TE. The running back as a sophomore averaged around 8 yards a carry. His brother his dynamic in his own right. Big TE

Defense high points: starting linebackers return. Corner play will be good again. Defensively I think they will be pretty quick.

Burg will be good again as long as they can piece together a line. How good will be determined by their line play.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Fan Friday wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:11 pm
So there were 6?

Apparently you know much more about Ironton’s football team than their own fans😂 Ok to answer your question, I was in correct. We had 4 transfers. 1) I believe from Mississippi (do not have confirmation on that) but I’m pretty sure. 2) moved in from WV. 3) a kid from Burg (don’t know the whole story to that) 4) a kid from Canton. Now only one of those players were starters and the others did not get much playing time. So we had a total of 4. I don’t understand your thinking process about transfers. Again who cares. You had a quarterback transfer in a couple weeks before the season started. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black. Move on. I can think of 6 kids of the top of my head that transferred to Burg in the past 2 years or so not including the quarterback. Nobody cares!!
He knows more about our team than the fans also :lol:

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:14 pm

So there were 6?

Sorry your zing isn’t that effective after you made the comment that you could coach kirtland just as well as Tiger.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Sorry your zing isn’t that effective after you made the comment that you could coach kirtland just as well as Tiger.
Did I really say that? Go back and screenshot that for me please...

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Page 9 in the “will ironton ever cultivate..” thread

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:17 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Page 9 in the “will ironton ever cultivate..” thread
Screenshot those exact words please. If you’re going to quote me, at least get it right and don’t say I said something other than what I did say. I’m still waiting on the reasoning of why that doesn’t help? I asked but, never got an answer from you

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”