Ironton v Burg 2020

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by SWHITE2002 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:17 am [quote=yabbadabbadoo post_id=<a href="tel:1939603">1939603</a> time=<a href="tel:1627912847">1627912847</a> user_id=593]
Everyone saying Burg is going to be weak at QB but no one knows how good he is going to be.

Seems to me I remember Trent Salyers was unproven at QB going into his Junior year and that worked out pretty well for Burg that year.
Yea I would bet that he wont be a Trent Salyers, but I do think he will be better than what many think. It will be similar to that year in the sense of just getting the ball in your playmakers hands and not turning it over. If he does those things well, they will be just fine.
[/quote]

In all fairness this guy doesn’t have Holden and Matthews to throw to and make plays
Completely different animal and questions on the line

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I don't see Burg completely abandoning the passing game with the weapons they have at WR/TE, but I expect them to shorten games with Lattimore and Swords getting a lot of carries. That's where the unproven offensive line to me is a bigger question than an unproven QB (as long as the QB can take care of the ball like spider mentioned).*

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:42 pm Why isn't the Sandlin kid from Burg not playing football? If true, that's too bad b/c that kid is a haus and has the makings of a great QB.

Portsmouth has a pretty good qb in Drew Roe who is a senior not saying who is better but almost no one is going to bench their senior starting qb who had a good year.

Maybe sanderlin will play next year maybe not,he has told the Basketball coach he wants to strictly work on his last two years of basketball and has has definitely been working hard.

Good luck to all local teams

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Whoever is selected, he will do a pretty good job. Salyers was super so not fair to compare. If it’s the Jones kid, he is arguably going to be one of the fastest kids on the field any Friday. He has legit speed. Not sure of his passing or decision making. He’s got the look of a big time QB time will
Tell if he’s going to be.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm Whoever is selected, he will do a pretty good job. Salyers was super so not fair to compare. If it’s the Jones kid, he is arguably going to be one of the fastest kids on the field any Friday. He has legit speed. Not sure of his passing or decision making. He’s got the look of a big time QB time will
So week one expect him to suppliment and/or add to the running game w maybe a few basic pasess tossed in per how his progression looks as game goes on. He hits a couple simple ones he might pull the trigger some. If not hes gna use him n the run & try to protect the ball.

Ya o line is gonna have to win w a young qb. Even if hes athletic.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:12 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm Whoever is selected, he will do a pretty good job. Salyers was super so not fair to compare. If it’s the Jones kid, he is arguably going to be one of the fastest kids on the field any Friday. He has legit speed. Not sure of his passing or decision making. He’s got the look of a big time QB time will
So week one expect him to suppliment and/or add to the running game w maybe a few basic pasess tossed in per how his progression looks as game goes on. He hits a couple simple ones he might pull the trigger some. If not hes gna use him n the run & try to protect the ball.

Ya o line is gonna have to win w a young qb. Even if hes athletic.
Fair assessment. He can add a run element that wasn’t there last year. He’s got a pretty good sophomore on his heals to push him to earn QB1

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

biggdowgg wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:21 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:42 pm Why isn't the Sandlin kid from Burg not playing football? If true, that's too bad b/c that kid is a haus and has the makings of a great QB.

Portsmouth has a pretty good qb in Drew Roe who is a senior not saying who is better but almost no one is going to bench their senior starting qb who had a good year.

Maybe sanderlin will play next year maybe not,he has told the Basketball coach he wants to strictly work on his last two years of basketball and has has definitely been working hard.

Sandlin could play in the slot or any of the skill positions really. Portsmouth would be able to utilize him into any skill position they plugged him into. The kid is an athlete. I've never been one to suggest a kid limit their sports. It takes away from their overall athleticism. If he doesn't have a scholarship in basketball then it makes zero sense for him to limit himself to just practicing basketball in the fall. As far as him leaving W'burg, his family must live in Portsmouth or else he'd have to sit a year in every sport.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:00 am
biggdowgg wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Sandlin could play in the slot or any of the skill positions really. Portsmouth would be able to utilize him into any skill position they plugged him into. The kid is an athlete. I've never been one to suggest a kid limit their sports. It takes away from their overall athleticism. If he doesn't have a scholarship in basketball then it makes zero sense for him to limit himself to just practicing basketball in the fall. As far as him leaving W'burg, his family must live in Portsmouth or else he'd have to sit a year in every sport.

I didn't think he was even playing football? Just what I had heard

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Where has ole Tiger Bait been? Thought he would have chimed in on this thread by now. Where ya at ole Bait? :)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Have been wondering that too.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I hope he's OK and well. Ole Baits a pretty good ole guy. Loves his Tigers!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hearing Burg football is shut down for two weeks due to positive cases.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:55 pm Hearing Burg football is shut down for two weeks due to positive cases.
They had some quarantine players but they aren’t shut down as far as I know.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:00 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:55 pm Hearing Burg football is shut down for two weeks due to positive cases.
Good….I heard it from a local of your area but figured I would’ve seen it on here first.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm
Good….I heard it from a local of your area but figured I would’ve seen it on here first.
I’m pretty sure they were up there tonight. Could have been soccer but it looked like cars where football players usually are.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Burg is like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV, Ironton showed everyone they’re not a machine and now they can hit the one in the middle .

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:04 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm

I’m pretty sure they were up there tonight. Could have been soccer but it looked like cars where football players usually are.
What is the guideline for term of quarantine? Just curious w a team that enters the season with some question marks all over and some inexperience up front and week one getting close. Could this issue linger going into week one? I understand a lot of people in that area were fond of the guy who called it a hoax but also got vaccinated for it in secret? Lets hope the people in charge are overlooking any nonsensical pressure from these goofs and following safe protocol. Otherwise there could be some spread or contract trace issues beginning the season and it appears Burg has a pretty challenging 1st 4 or 5 weeks.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Mission15 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:38 pm Burg is like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV, Ironton showed everyone they’re not a machine and now they can hit the one in the middle .
Ok boomer. 😂

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Lawrence County All Stars over the Scioto County All Stars! Tigers make the playoff Burg has worst season in a long time. My prediction.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Burg will win this one and win a second rematch also

Return to “Football”