Ironton v Burg 2020

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by fielddaddy »

Jackson Football wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:02 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:58 am
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:36 pm

Who cares ? Burg has had numerous transfers over the years .

You clowns keep saying this and still yet you can only come up with three and one of them, Lowery, his Mom became a teacher at Burg and they moved into Burg after his Junior year.

Who are all of the "numerous" transfers from over the years? I had posted on here the amount of Burg kids playing football who live just outside the district. Most of them were in Junior high when I checked. If someone at Burg is recruiting in Junior high kids and knows that they will be studs come HS then I have to applaud that.

Ironton is blatantly taking kids from other HS's to come play for them. Prime example is the 2018 season. They got Raceland's two best players to come to Ironton. Two players that led Raceland to the state finals in 2017 and that they were going to be a vital part of Raceland's team for 2018.

This is an example of why people are not even on here anymore. News flash , 99.9 of preps poster don’t care about Ironton and their transfers. We all agree if they’re openly recruiting why haven’t they been busted ?
I believe this is a Ironton Burg board so transfers about either school will come up so maybe there is
that reason people are talking about Ironton transfers.
And one of the players from Raceland wanted to play where his father played at Ironton so that is why he transferred.
And as far as the OVC and Ironton they maybe leaving in football but other sports they are in discussion of staying in the conference.
Russell was bound to not play Ironton after not being able to beat Ironton when they was down and with Ironton improving like they have been it was inevitable they quit playing Ironton.
As for Ashland it is their choice not to play Ironton and that is all good a loss of gate for both teams no doubt but Ironton will find a team willing to play them.
Being independent in football won't be a big deal in football now with the expansions of the playoffs.
And I am sure there is people looking hard at Ironton and their transfers and any wrong doing.
SO maybe it is all legit and maybe that is why they haven't been busted

bigblue4life
Riding the Bench

Post by bigblue4life »

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:04 pm
Jackson Football wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:02 pm

You clowns keep saying this and still yet you can only come up with three and one of them, Lowery, his Mom became a teacher at Burg and they moved into Burg after his Junior year.

Who are all of the "numerous" transfers from over the years? I had posted on here the amount of Burg kids playing football who live just outside the district. Most of them were in Junior high when I checked. If someone at Burg is recruiting in Junior high kids and knows that they will be studs come HS then I have to applaud that.

Ironton is blatantly taking kids from other HS's to come play for them. Prime example is the 2018 season. They got Raceland's two best players to come to Ironton. Two players that led Raceland to the state finals in 2017 and that they were going to be a vital part of Raceland's team for 2018.

This is an example of why people are not even on here anymore. News flash , 99.9 of preps poster don’t care about Ironton and their transfers. We all agree if they’re openly recruiting why haven’t they been busted ?
I believe this is a Ironton Burg board so transfers about either school will come up so maybe there is
that reason people are talking about Ironton transfers.
And one of the players from Raceland wanted to play where his father played at Ironton so that is why he transferred.
And as far as the OVC and Ironton they maybe leaving in football but other sports they are in discussion of staying in the conference.
Russell was bound to not play Ironton after not being able to beat Ironton when they was down and with Ironton improving like they have been it was inevitable they quit playing Ironton.
As for Ashland it is their choice not to play Ironton and that is all good a loss of gate for both teams no doubt but Ironton will find a team willing to play them.
Being independent in football won't be a big deal in football now with the expansions of the playoffs.
And I am sure there is people looking hard at Ironton and their transfers and any wrong doing.
SO maybe it is all legit and maybe that is why they haven't been busted
Russell didn't drop Ironton. Ironton Dropped Russell claiming they wanted to play teams who would help them win the State Championship. Russell went out and picked up Wheelersburg since Ironton Didn't want to Continue the series.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:27 pm

Name the amount of transfers Burg will have on either side of the ball this year?

If what Ironton is doing is so blantantly illegal when will the OHSAA step in ?

I mean you have the evidence and you’re just a jealous Wheelersburg poster .

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tommy Chong wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:15 pm

If what Ironton is doing is so blantantly illegal when will the OHSAA step in ?

I mean you have the evidence and you’re just a jealous Wheelersburg poster .

It's because there is no violation that's why.

It's because the message board is inundated with old, washed up, 70's, and 80's glory days fans that can't acclimate to 2021. Similarly to how seo has failed as a region to acclimate and flourish per 2021. There's no mystery or conspiracy. Just ignorant small town hicks live crippled by jealousy and fear of anything that didn't happen 40 yrs ago.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:06 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:00 pm Woby,you’re not giving up,are you?
Man I Gave up a long time ago. None of this matters. Lol. How many transfers is ironton up to? Have they met their 6 a year quota?

I still think burg gives ironton a game. Gonna be tough burg has traditional southern Ohio football players. 5’10 guys that run 5 flat forties. Average about 230 on the line. They still get it done though. Makes me proud.
is the burg fan base on here gna say they are 10 deep at every position w superior team speed all august only for week one to roll around and they show up w much less than advertised because thats been how its transpired the last two seasons?
Last edited by SpeedKillz on Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:06 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:00 pm Woby,you’re not giving up,are you?
Man I Gave up a long time ago. None of this matters. Lol. How many transfers is ironton up to? Have they met their 6 a year quota?

I still think burg gives ironton a game. Gonna be tough burg has traditional southern Ohio football players. 5’10 guys that run 5 flat forties. Average about 230 on the line. They still get it done though. Makes me proud.
It's 2021. If ya having trouble now w how things have changed I've got some bad news moving fwd.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:12 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:11 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:09 pm

Yeah but ironton has scouted transfers not open enrollment kids. Burg needs to hire a recruiting coordinator
You’re ate up with this stuff :lol:
What else is there to talk about? Biden?

I don’t think anyone gets on this site anymore anyway. Lol. It’s all Instagram and tik tok
Much less because people grew tired of all the old man perceptions, prejudices, & limits. Need less of them & more modern & applicable perspective. Van halen is not walking through that door & now that trump is a flop these old seo white dudes are gonna have to search hard for new information & a new messiah. 😂😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

XandOs wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am Have heard a rumor the last couple of days as this may be the last time in the foreseeable future that Wheelersburg and Ironton play as Wheelersburg is looking to get out of the contract with Ironton. That would be a travesty if the school system decided to do that. This game is the marquee game in SEO year after year.
Rumor in seo? You're kidding right? There's so much for people to do there!! 😂😂😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:27 pm Burg fans crying about transfers is laughable 😆
But but but but they come in grade school because of our top notch academics. WTFE

Does Gregg, Wilson , and Lowery ring a bell ?

You sound weak woblycat
Wheelersburg & academics? 😂😂😂

Less than 30% of the workforce in ironton or wheelersburg have a BA or above. By comparison, in somehwere like Fairfax Co Virginia its closer to 80% of the workforce.

Academics isnt a priority anywhere in SEO. School or otherwise. 😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:09 pm

Yeah but ironton has scouted transfers not open enrollment kids. Burg needs to hire a recruiting coordinator

I don’t think anyone gets on this site anymore anyway. Lol. It’s all Instagram and tik tok

Def a dinosaur. 😂😂 his two go to subjects are politics and rumor and innuendo about high school football.

Tell me more about burgs "academics." LMAO

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:42 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:28 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:27 pm Burg fans crying about transfers is laughable 😆
But but but but they come in grade school because of our top notch academics. WTFE

Does Gregg, Wilson , and Lowery ring a bell ?

You sound weak woblycat
Mr. Chong lol, just just named three ONLY three kids who moved to Wheelersburg during high school and started on the football team. Not only is it just three players, that’s three players from different graduating classes who came in different years. Yes technically Burg and Ironton have both had transfers but there’s probably going to be at least three transfers on both sides of the ball for Ironton this fall. I guess in burgs case it’s quality over quantity?
So did you speak out against the 3 players who “moved” in to Wheelersburg at the time ? Or since it was only 3 it was ok? 3 is fine but 5 is too many. What is the cutoff of appropriate amount of recruits?

Please help me understand all of this.
Ya never gonna get a valid response so I'll do it for em.

Burgs fan base is salty because as Irontons football program has improved, their program has declined.

There it is. That's it cut & dry. Ironton has improved and Burg has started to fall off and the burg fan base resents that reality.

That's it. 💯

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Whining about transfers is annoying in my opinion...but on to another topic. With all the great and wonderful things in whatever area of the world you live in...why are you wasting time on a message board about such a failed region full of ignorant hicks?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I don’t have a degree in anything,but I know Ignorant when I see it,and I’m a Tiger fan Speed :roll:

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Def a dinosaur. 😂😂 his two go to subjects are politics and rumor and innuendo about high school football.

Ironton football might reign supreme right now but Burgs academics are undoubtedly the top dog in SEO, no question there

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:32 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:42 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Mr. Chong lol, just just named three ONLY three kids who moved to Wheelersburg during high school and started on the football team. Not only is it just three players, that’s three players from different graduating classes who came in different years. Yes technically Burg and Ironton have both had transfers but there’s probably going to be at least three transfers on both sides of the ball for Ironton this fall. I guess in burgs case it’s quality over quantity?
So did you speak out against the 3 players who “moved” in to Wheelersburg at the time ? Or since it was only 3 it was ok? 3 is fine but 5 is too many. What is the cutoff of appropriate amount of recruits?

Please help me understand all of this.
Ya never gonna get a valid response so I'll do it for em.

Burgs fan base is salty because as Irontons football program has improved, their program has declined.

There it is. That's it cut & dry. Ironton has improved and Burg has started to fall off and the burg fan base resents that reality.

That's it. 💯
:lol: and there you have it

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Ironton football might reign supreme right now but Burgs academics are undoubtedly the top dog in SEO, no question there
How is ironton supreme?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Good lord I hope so. They are the only school I know have that has a pre-1st grade. Everyone there takes advantage of it for sports no doubt and doing so will also boost test scores as well.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Good lord I hope so. They are the only school I know have that has a pre-1st grade. Everyone there takes advantage of it for sports no doubt and doing so will also boost test scores as well.
It’s a good school but I seriously doubt pre first has anything to do with it.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm

It definitely makes Wheelersburgs athletes older when playing sports.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:30 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm

It definitely makes Wheelersburgs athletes older when playing sports.
It would if they play sports down the road. But it’s only one pre first class.

Return to “Football”