Freshman Team

Ironton v Burg 2020

Post by I-TownFanatic »

What do you guys think? Ironton 14 point favorite for me

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Very early prediction for me is a toss up. Touchdown either way.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Based on recent history, both teams will add to their roster via Free Agency before the season begins.
As for what returns:
Both teams loose alot, including possibly the best player in the State for Ironton.
Ironton does return most of their line, but it's the same one that didn't muster 60 Yards in 4 quarters so I don't know if that's good or bad.
Alot of the luster was removed from Ironton with the performance in Canton.
Wheelersburg returns the best player in Latimore and has a better coaching staff. They win, unless Ironton gets some transfers.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:15 am Based on recent history, both teams will add to their roster via Free Agency before the season begins.
As for what returns:
Both teams loose alot, including possibly the best player in the State for Ironton.
Ironton does return most of their line, but it's the same one that didn't muster 60 Yards in 4 quarters so I don't know if that's good or bad.
Alot of the luster was removed from Ironton with the performance in Canton.
Wheelersburg returns the best player in Latimore and has a better coaching staff. They win, unless Ironton gets some transfers.
Ironton will become a better program because of that loss. I read where Kirtlands coach said that was the best game Kirtland has played in all phases since he’s been there. Plainly states that Ironton ran into a buzz saw who was going to do that to any team in D5 that day or possibly all the way up to D3. Ironton will be good for awhile. Pendleton and staff has built a program in 3 short years that will be contending to go north every year. I’m excited to see the team that’s put on the field this coming year. I think you will see just how good a job they’re doing when there’s no Carrico or the other seniors who people like you think carried the program.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Burg can put a decent O-line together and they decide that they are a run first football team with Lattimore in the backfield, they will be fine.

If they continue to try to be a spread offense and continue to try and throw that bubble screen when they don't have the athletes to turn it into big gains like Holden and Mathews then it could be a long season.

Also, could hinder on if the lattimore twins stay at Burg. We will see

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

They’ll be there next year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:51 am If Burg can put a decent O-line together and they decide that they are a run first football team with Lattimore in the backfield, they will be fine.

If they continue to try to be a spread offense and continue to try and throw that bubble screen when they don't have the athletes to turn it into big gains like Holden and Mathews then it could be a long season.

I surprised there is even talk of them leaving. As underclassmen, they both got substantial playing time and saw plenty of touches on a solid team. Was there some games where D. Lattimore should've gotten more carries? Probably. But again, we're talking about underclassmen here. I don't think they are going anywhere and expect to see some big games from both of them next couple of years.*

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Where is the game next year ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:57 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:51 am If Burg can put a decent O-line together and they decide that they are a run first football team with Lattimore in the backfield, they will be fine.

I surprised there is even talk of them leaving. As underclassmen, they both got substantial playing time and saw plenty of touches on a solid team. Was there some games where D. Lattimore should've gotten more carries? Probably. But again, we're talking about underclassmen here. I don't think they are going anywhere and expect to see some big games from both of them next couple of years.*
Why would they leave as sophomores they had more touches than all other starters combined. According to burg football.com.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Why would they leave as sophomores they had more touches than all other starters combined. According to burg football.com.
Exactly...that’s why the transfer speculation makes no sense to me, but I’ve heard it from a couple of different posters on here. Their roles/touches only going to go up and should be focal points of Burg’s offense next 2 years. I don’t see them going anywhere.*

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Because players want to play. Playing just a percentage of snaps on one side of the ball isn't enough for some guys.
The transfer rules as they are right now is what may keep players where they are. It's easy to just rent an apartment and get eligible elsewhere, but that is a huge expense for any family.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:46 pm Because players want to play. Playing just a percentage of snaps on one side of the ball isn't enough for some guys.
The transfer rules as they are right now is what may keep players where they are. It's easy to just rent an apartment and get eligible elsewhere, but that is a huge expense for any family.
Neither one to my knowledge has interest in defense. They got plenty of snaps in their sophomore year. Transfers are getting a little bit out of control.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

It is when they don’t go to the Burg. :roll: :roll: :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:47 pm It is when they don’t go to the Burg. :roll: :roll: :roll:
No. It’s a problem no matter what and I’m not referring to just our area

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

As our senile pres-elect says,come on man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Had talked to the Dad and he was just curious on why his boy got very few touches inside the 10. The Waverly game was a prime example. He pounded it up the field right before halftime and Burg got to the one and he never saw the field after that and Burg didn't score. Probably cost Burg that game. Quite a few other games where the same thing happened with him doing most of the legwork to get them inside the 10 and then they yank him. Trust me, his dad and the kid noticed that stuff. Not sure if the kid ever asked any of the coaches about it but it just seemed odd. If you look at his TD's, most of them came outside the 10. The barely used him all year in goal line situations. You can't expect the kid to bust his ass in getting the ball to the goal line and then someone else gets the glory!!!! I don't care who you are, that's not going to set well with any kid!!!!

Chicks dig the touchdowns you know. Lol

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

If that’s the kid’s attitude and not his dad’s it’s not good for the team.There’s no I in team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:48 pm If that’s the kid’s attitude and not his dad’s it’s not good for the team.There’s no I in team.
Old yabbadabba is being a little petty. Both kids got plenty of touches and touchdowns. Doing a little research on burg football.com, would negate his argument. Not only did both get more rushing carries combined than all other players on team, they had more rushing touchdowns combined of all other running backs as well.

Anyone can say what if at the Waverly game because the play called didn’t work. In fact, if you look at this years stats, burg was pretty balanced in offense.

Be judges of your self though. Link to stats:

http://www.burgfootball.com/uploads/1/1 ... fense_.pdf

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:48 am
artisgilmore wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:48 pm If that’s the kid’s attitude and not his dad’s it’s not good for the team.There’s no I in team.
Old yabbadabba is being a little petty. Both kids got plenty of touches and touchdowns. Doing a little research on burg football.com, would negate his argument. Not only did both get more rushing carries combined than all other players on team, they had more rushing touchdowns combined of all other running backs as well.

Anyone can say what if at the Waverly game because the play called didn’t work. In fact, if you look at this years stats, burg was pretty balanced in offense.

Just going on what I heard!! From the source!!

I don’t really care that you think it’s petty. The kid got yanked every time the Burg got inside the 5. Just something odd about that. Lot of people noticed that. I bet all of his TD’s came on runs outside the 10.

You don’t think he should have been in the game against Waverly when they had the ball on the 1 foot line? You don’t have a clue then about football. If like you say the stats speak for themselves, he’s your best back just not in goal line situations. Come on man!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:11 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:48 am

Just going on what I heard!! From the source!!

I don’t really care that you think it’s petty. The kid got yanked every time the Burg got inside the 5. Just something odd about that. Lot of people noticed that. I bet all of his TD’s came on runs outside the 10.

You don’t think he should have been in the game against Waverly when they had the ball on the 1 foot line? You don’t have a clue then about football. If like you say the stats speak for themselves, he’s your best back just not in goal line situations. Come on man!!
What's odd about it? Outside of the Waverly game, tell me how many times he didn't get a carry inside the 10 when he should have. And you will have to be specific, because I watched all of the games and can't think of a scenario of him where he absolutely needed to be in there. What I noticed from the stats is that the dad should have been ecstatic for the amount of touches the sophomores got, doesn't happen that often. I promise you holden, horsley and matthews didn't get near the touches as these boys got. I would even bet you that the sophomore kid from Ironton probably got less touches.

Return to “Football”