Ironton Fighting Tigers 2021

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Ironton 2021

Post by XandOs »

What happens to SEOPs if Moeller loses to Ironton? That’s the real question.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

XandOs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 pm What happens to SEOPs if Moeller loses to Ironton? That’s the real question.
Not sure anyone would care. Didn't Ironton beat a D1 team last year and we know how that season turned out?

Talking to people around, the luster is off of Ironton now. They had the wool pulled over the locals for a while, but that is done.

Players transferred in believing they would get looks from big colleges like Carrico did. Hasn't happened. The other players got small school offers just like they would've had they stayed home

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 pm What happens to SEOPs if Moeller loses to Ironton? That’s the real question.
Better yet, what happens if they lose to burg and Jackson. Those two teams are more than capable of beating ironton. Ironton has some talent coming back, but they will be hard pressed finding a more talented team than the one two seasons ago.

Moeller is a different D1 then the one ironton played last year. Moeller beat Hartley last year and was awful record wise. So beating them will be a much more harder task

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Rumor is Wheelersburg is getting a recruit from Ashland, my question is why leave a team who won a state championship for Wheelersburg? I’m sure the quarterback recruit from last year is kicking himself.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:50 pm Rumor is Wheelersburg is getting a recruit from Ashland, my question is why leave a team who won a state championship for Wheelersburg? I’m sure the quarterback recruit from last year is kicking himself.
Haven’t heard that one and I talk to a lot of people. They better be a lineman or an exceptional athlete because burg is pretty well set at the skilled position for the next two years. I wonder if the burg transfer to ironton is kicking himself in the butt He would have started QB this year instead he will be playing a receiver on a team that throws around the 20% mark.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:50 pm Rumor is Wheelersburg is getting a recruit from Ashland, my question is why leave a team who won a state championship for Wheelersburg? I’m sure the quarterback recruit from last year is kicking himself.
Haven’t heard that one and I talk to a lot of people. They better be a lineman or an exceptional athlete because burg is pretty well set at the skilled position for the next two years. I wonder if the burg transfer to ironton is kicking himself in the butt He would have started QB this year instead he will be playing a receiver on a team that throws around the 20% mark.
My sources say he loved every minute of playing for Ironton .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:10 pm
Then that would be my assumption of the Kid from Ashland that went to Burg.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Minus his ex team getting much better after he left .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:48 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Minus his ex team getting much better after he left .
His ex-team would have done the same thing. Ashland rarely passed. Don't blame them having pitman. That kid is a stud. Also the kid that replaced him wasn't as good at the QB position in my opinion.

But I was told he may have left for reasons outside of football and chose Burg because he liked a girl there. Not sure if that was true but that was what was going around at the time. I thought he did a good job under the circumstances.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Both Ironton JV teams will be playing games vs Johnson Central, KY - Home 9/13 and Away 10/2

Go Fighting Tigers....

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Ironton not playing Ashland and this whole situation and how it was done is pitiful.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:19 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 am Keep following Ironton Football on Facebook, more news coming out this week 😁

Go Fighting Tigers......
I'm sure the whole nation will be on their hands and knees just waiting for the next big Ironton announcement :lol:
I love my Tigers, but I have to agree with this post.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I love reading the current news about the team and players,but I guess that’s just me.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm I love reading the current news about the team and players,but I guess that’s just me.
Nothing wrong with it. It’s overhyped but nothing wrong. Ashland should be on the schedule as should Russell. Isn’t that like a very old rival game?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TigerMania wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:34 pm Ironton not playing Ashland and this whole situation and how it was done is pitiful.
I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about the Ashland game. The AD is trying to get them back on the schedule.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 pm
TigerMania wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:34 pm Ironton not playing Ashland and this whole situation and how it was done is pitiful.
I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about the Ashland game. The AD is trying to get them back on the schedule.
Ironton vs Ashland is a rival game and always has been. We threw it away for 1 year to play Cincinnati Moeller who isn’t even a top program anymore. Let’s hope that Ashland is forgiving and willing to play us in the future because we just broke tradition. I guess call me old school but there was nothing wrong with Ironton vs Ashland game because actually they have beat us more than we have beat them in the last 10 years.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm I love reading the current news about the team and players,but I guess that’s just me.
Nothing wrong with it. It’s overhyped but nothing wrong. Ashland should be on the schedule as should Russell. Isn’t that like a very old rival game?
Ashland’s a rivalry game, Russell not so much.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Tiger mama,you obviously don’t understand levels of competition.That school played the best teams in the states of ky. and ind. last yr. I doubt the Tigers would have won 3 games with that schedule last year. :)

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Wheelersburg (Home), Jackson (Home), Fairland (Home), Moeller (Home), and then 6 Cupcake OVC games is not the Great Schedule it is being made out to be. Fairland is probably the best returning OVC team outside of Ironton. GAHS may be decent. Regardless this isn't a great schedule

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:12 pm Wheelersburg (Home), Jackson (Home), Fairland (Home), Moeller (Home), and then 6 Cupcake OVC games is not the Great Schedule it is being made out to be. Fairland is probably the best returning OVC team outside of Ironton. GAHS may be decent. Regardless this isn't a great schedule

The non conference schedule is as good as anyone in the area. Teams can’t help how good / bad the conference is.

Return to “Football”