Waverly at Ironton

Ironton at Cabell Midland - WV

Nice test n tunes for I-Town.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Ironton 2021

Post by formerfcfan »

Word on the street is Ironton is hosting Moeller.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

nctabulator wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:47 pm
Looks like ironton may start 0-2. Burg will be a force as usual and Jackson won’t be easy. Moeller as bad as they were record wise last year beat Hartley, so they could easily have three losses. Does ironton have any new kids coming in that we don’t know of?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton may have 3 losses but they did a good job with the schedule. And regions expanding to 12 teams makes them pretty much a lock. Jackson, burg and moeller are nice games.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:13 pm Ironton may have 3 losses but they did a good job with the schedule. And regions expanding to 12 teams makes them pretty much a lock. Jackson, burg and moeller are nice games.
I agree. I think moeller is a stretch. Johnson central would have probably been a more winnable game.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Really disappointed we are not playing Ashland because anyone that understands the tradition of Ironton football was us playing them and Portsmouth every year. Definitely think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Upgrading the schedule is exactly what they need to do. Beating up on the likes of Rock hill and South Point will in no way prepare you to play Kirtland

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

The coach must think the Tigers are going to be pretty good next year.The transfer portal must look promising. 8-) 8-)

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:06 pm
Looks like ironton may start 0-2. Burg will be a force as usual and Jackson won’t be easy. Moeller as bad as they were record wise last year beat Hartley, so they could easily have three losses. Does ironton have any new kids coming in that we don’t know of?
0-2? They could very easily start off 0-4. Burg..well they are Burg. They have been the best program in southern Ohio over the past 10 years. Jackson, while under achievers with the talent and size school they are, could challenge for being the second moat dominant program in the past 10 years. Fairland will be very good next season as they return the bulk of their team from a good season a year ago. Moeller.....well I just hope Ironton doeant ruin the rest of their season with injuries in that one. What an absolutely stupid move! Ironton has had an above average team the past two seasons, but whoever thinks an average D5 school can compete with a D1 school is out of their mind. Ironton parents, if realistic, should be upset. This isn't basketball...this is a physical game and D1 schools are on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL and kids could be hurt in this contest. Someone got to cocky on this one.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Posts above are True.

But the main thing is very little that comes out of the Ironton Program anymore is about football, it's about the show.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Ironton is’nt about football? That’s funny right t :roll: :roll: here.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:44 am
0-2? They could very easily start off 0-4. Burg..well they are Burg. They have been the best program in southern Ohio over the past 10 years. Jackson, while under achievers with the talent and size school they are, could challenge for being the second moat dominant program in the past 10 years. Fairland will be very good next season as they return the bulk of their team from a good season a year ago. Moeller.....well I just hope Ironton doeant ruin the rest of their season with injuries in that one. What an absolutely stupid move! Ironton has had an above average team the past two seasons, but whoever thinks an average D5 school can compete with a D1 school is out of their mind. Ironton parents, if realistic, should be upset. This isn't basketball...this is a physical game and D1 schools are on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL and kids could be hurt in this contest. Someone got to cocky on this one.
I would venture to guess the Fighting Tigers will be 3-0 going into the Moeller game. This “average” D5 school has been in back to back State Championship games with both Teams beating a D1 opponent last year. Have you looked at Kirtlands Freshman and JV schedules? They both play up to prepare them for Varsity, that’s why they are such a force in their own Division and killing everyone. Cabell Midland would be a D1 school in Ohio, should be a good scrimmage for the Fighting Tigers. Play up and get better!!

Keep following Ironton Football on Facebook, more news coming out this week 😁

Go Fighting Tigers......

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TigerMania wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:22 pm Really disappointed we are not playing Ashland because anyone that understands the tradition of Ironton football was us playing them and Portsmouth every year. Definitely think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.
This Covid stuff messed the series up, they’re trying to get them back on the schedule after this coming season.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 am Keep following Ironton Football on Facebook, more news coming out this week 😁

Go Fighting Tigers......
I'm sure the whole nation will be on their hands and knees just waiting for the next big Ironton announcement :lol:

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:19 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 am Keep following Ironton Football on Facebook, more news coming out this week 😁

Go Fighting Tigers......
I'm sure the whole nation will be on their hands and knees just waiting for the next big Ironton announcement :lol:
Curious, What school do you support?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 am
ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:44 am

I would venture to guess the Fighting Tigers will be 3-0 going into the Moeller game. This “average” D5 school has been in back to back State Championship games with both Teams beating a D1 opponent last year. Have you looked at Kirtlands Freshman and JV schedules? They both play up to prepare them for Varsity, that’s why they are such a force in their own Division and killing everyone. Cabell Midland would be a D1 school in Ohio, should be a good scrimmage for the Fighting Tigers. Play up and get better!!

Keep following Ironton Football on Facebook, more news coming out this week 😁

Go Fighting Tigers......
Burg will be really good this year. They have arguably the best back in the area. Ironton had two great years back to back, with transfers. Anyone who knows football knew ironton this year wasn’t as good as their first state game. I like irontons schedule but the moeller game is for show

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

XandOs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:57 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:19 pm

Go Fighting Tigers......
Curious, What school do you support?
I don't necessarily support anyone in particular. My girls went to Waverly. Still have some relation there so I go to alot of their games.
I enjoy the game. Don't like stupidity. To me it sucks to see one of the few things we have left athleticly in this country that hasn't been victimized by greed, HS sports, begin to be distorted by things like recruiting.
Sportsmanship. Overcoming adversity. Doing things the right way. All the things that made HS sports are being lost because of egotistical adults. And it's a shame.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

The reason I ask is it almost sounds personal with your disdain of Coach Pendleton. Didn’t know if you possibly played against him and he made you look bad or he took your spot. I wouldn’t make judgements about people you don’t really know. I can also say that your probably not real close to the program so I would doubt you know exactly what goes on. You saying that Ironton was just above average is D5 means everyone in the division other than Kirtland was average. Considering there’s only been a handful of teams from SEO ever make it to Canton and only 1 make it Back to Back I think your delusional and letting jealousy get in the way. The state game was 10-0 at Half. Ironton had 3 TOs in the 2nd half. That’s how it steamrolled into a blowout. Kirtland was the better team. No doubt. But Ironton is better than average.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

XandOs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:42 pm The reason I ask is it almost sounds personal with your disdain of Coach Pendleton. Didn’t know if you possibly played against him and he made you look bad or he took your spot. I wouldn’t make judgements about people you don’t really know. I can also say that your probably not real close to the program so I would doubt you know exactly what goes on. You saying that Ironton was just above average is D5 means everyone in the division other than Kirtland was average. Considering there’s only been a handful of teams from SEO ever make it to Canton and only 1 make it Back to Back I think your delusional and letting jealousy get in the way. The state game was 10-0 at Half. Ironton had 3 TOs in the 2nd half. That’s how it steamrolled into a blowout. Kirtland was the better team. No doubt. But Ironton is better than average.
I didn't post they were average, that was the other guy. But I do believe his post was spot on

Return to “Football”