2021 Caldwell Redskins

Fletchlives
JV Team

2021 Caldwell Redskins

Post by Fletchlives »

Just saw that Caldwell Football job was posted on ODE. What happened?!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Caldwell

Post by formerfcfan »

Shenandoah is also posted.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Heard 22 year old Chance Rucker got the job.

RedskinFootball
Waterboy

Post by RedskinFootball »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:10 am Heard 22 year old Chance Rucker got the job.
Caldwell needs to hire someone from within. With strong ties to Caldwell Football. They need a coach who is in the school with the kids. That puts Chance as the perfect fit.

He has game experience, tons of football knowledge, and genuinely cares about Caldwell.

If anybody else were hired Dudley would be leaving.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

RedskinFootball wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:00 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:10 am Heard 22 year old Chance Rucker got the job.
Caldwell needs to hire someone from within. With strong ties to Caldwell Football. They need a coach who is in the school with the kids. That puts Chance as the perfect fit.

He has game experience, tons of football knowledge, and genuinely cares about Caldwell.

Rucker is going to be a great coach if Caldwell gives him time to grow.

RedskinFootball
Waterboy

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Agreed

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Good hire!

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Chance went to school with my son. Good young man and a good family. Out of curiosity, how will the team be? I know they were competitive for the first time in a few years this fall but they were mostly seniors if I remember correctly. What all do we return besides Dudley? I know he was a sophomore and I think the running back sayer was too. Is Chance a teacher?

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Tough gig for such a young kid. Does he have any coaching xp? Played at West Liberty right?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 pm Chance went to school with my son. Good young man and a good family. Out of curiosity, how will the team be? I know they were competitive for the first time in a few years this fall but they were mostly seniors if I remember correctly. What all do we return besides Dudley? I know he was a sophomore and I think the running back sayer was too. Is Chance a teacher?
Your son is a great motivator I think he should get on the staff.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

redblue85 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:30 am Tough gig for such a young kid. Does he have any coaching xp? Played at West Liberty right?
Agree seems awfully young - just so many hidden pitfalls as a HC. He will learn very quickly who his true friends are and whom and whom not to trust. Wish him nothing but the best.

RedskinFootball
Waterboy

redskinwitness wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 pm Chance went to school with my son. Good young man and a good family. Out of curiosity, how will the team be? I know they were competitive for the first time in a few years this fall but they were mostly seniors if I remember correctly. What all do we return besides Dudley? I know he was a sophomore and I think the running back sayer was too. Is Chance a teacher?
They have Dudley and Sayre in the backfield. Which is a fantastic combo. Return 3 starters on the OL with very formidable replacements coming in for the open spots. Have to replace entire receiving corps but once again there is a very talented group of kids coming up in what will be Freshmen and sophomores.

Defense will be tough with a lot of personnel loss. But once again the to be juniors and sophomores are extremely tough and athletic kids with a chip on their shoulder. Once the Incoming freshman class gets acclimated to the speed of HS football it could be something special.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

That’s good to hear, hopefully the schedule is manageable so they can build. I’ve watched a lot of hoops this winter, would be nice for them to get the Kowalski boy off the soccer field and onto the football field. The older Lori boy as well.

RedskinFootball
Waterboy

Kowalsky wants to play but his parents won’t let him. He has said he IS playing this year. I don’t foresee a Lori ever playing football.

1POdFAN
Waterboy

Post by 1POdFAN »

Judd played a year didn't he?

Return to “Football”