2021 Belpre Eagles

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Re: 2021 Belpre Eagles

Post by chrishilton91 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 am I predict one year maybe two and this pretender coach goes back to public speaking.
When i met him he didn't say a word about the kids. Said he was going to motivate the small town community bc he is a life coach. Thought he was hired to be the head football coach.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

2021 BELPRE GOLDEN EAGLES FOOTBALL
Date Home Results Away Article
August 20, 2021 Warren - Belpre Preview
August 27, 2021 Meigs - Belpre Preview
September 3, 2021 Belpre - Alexander Preview
September 10, 2021 Federal Hocking - Belpre Preview
September 17, 2021 Southern - Belpre Preview
September 24, 2021 Belpre - South Gallia Preview
October 1, 2021 River - Belpre Preview
October 8, 2021 Belpre - Trimble Preview
October 15, 2021 Eastern Meigs - Belpre Preview
October 22, 2021 Belpre - Waterford Preview

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Any new news on the Eagles and the future Coach of the Year? Heard he has trouble finding coaches.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Fletchlives wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:47 am Any new news on the Eagles and the future Coach of the Year? Heard he has trouble finding coaches.
I talked to a guy that said he don't need any help. Guess he can do it all by hisself.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Belpre winning seasons in Football:

1951: 6-2
1954: 5-3-1
1955: 6-0-2
1956: 5-4
1957: 7-3
1958: 7-2-1
1963: 6-3-1
1964: 6-3-1
1965: 7-1-2
1966: 7-2-1
1968: 7-2
1969: 6-3
1971: 7-3, TVC Champs
1972: 8-2, TVC Champs
1973: 6-3
1974: 8-2, TVC Champs
1976: 7-3
1977: 6-3, TVC Champs
1978: TVC Champs
1979: 7-2-1
1980: 6-4
1981: 6-4
1982: 6-4
1983: 10-1, TVC Champs, 1st Playoff Appearance
1984: 10-1, TVC Champs, 2nd Playoff Appearance
1985: 7-3
1986: 8-2
1987: 8-3, 3rd Playoff Appearance
1988: 9-2, TVC Champs, 4th Playoff Appearance
1990: 6-4
1991: 7-3
1992: 9-1
1993: 6-4
1998: 6-4
2002: 8-2
2003: 6-4
2007: 7-4, TVC-Ohio Champs, 5th Playoff Appearance
2014: 8-3, 6th Playoff Appearance
2015: 8-3, 7th Playoff Appearance
2018: 6-4
2020: 8th Playoff Appearance

*Belpre has never won a Playoff Game

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:25 pm
Fletchlives wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:47 am Any new news on the Eagles and the future Coach of the Year? Heard he has trouble finding coaches.
I talked to a guy that said he don't need any help. Guess he can do it all by hisself.
Didn't they try that a few years back with the guy that sells insurance, or used cars or something? How'd that work out for him?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

he's made it very clear he didn't apply for the job. Said he did a presentation to the board about something else and the board asked him to be a coach. He says he had no intention in being a coach.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:36 pm he's made it very clear he didn't apply for the job. Said he did a presentation to the board about something else and the board asked him to be a coach. He says he had no intention in being a coach.
LOL why coach then? still your fault if you take the job. sounds like it will crash & burn

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:09 am
chrishilton91 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:36 pm he's made it very clear he didn't apply for the job. Said he did a presentation to the board about something else and the board asked him to be a coach. He says he had no intention in being a coach.
LOL why coach then? still your fault if you take the job. sounds like it will crash & burn
It's baffling to me that Belpre changes coaches every 1 to 3 years and seems to keep using the same process. Take applications from people who actually want the job, then reach out to someone who didn't even apply or who has little interest, and talk them into taking it. Or if they do settle on an applicant it's some old guy who's near or past the end of his career instead of a young up and coming coach who'll stick around for several years and build a program. Then, in 1 to 3 years max they rinse and repeat. No wonder they can't score on Trimble. :o

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

meatswinger wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 am
It's baffling to me that Belpre changes coaches every 1 to 3 years and seems to keep using the same process. Take applications from people who actually want the job, then reach out to someone who didn't even apply or who has little interest, and talk them into taking it. Or if they do settle on an applicant it's some old guy who's near or past the end of his career instead of a young up and coming coach who'll stick around for several years and build a program. Then, in 1 to 3 years max they rinse and repeat. No wonder they can't score on Trimble. :o
I remember hearing about when Belpre had a solid program. They are decades from that now though. Not sure they'll ever get that back with the current leadership in the district. You've got to have value for the program and invest in a good coach who will stick around for a while. And most of all, support the person and give them the time it takes. But I'm not sure the powers that be at Belpre really want a good football program. If they do they sure have no clue how to get it done. But if you want to know how to keep a program down just follow their model. :o

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:50 am
meatswinger wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 am

I remember hearing about when Belpre had a solid program. They are decades from that now though. Not sure they'll ever get that back with the current leadership in the district. You've got to have value for the program and invest in a good coach who will stick around for a while. And most of all, support the person and give them the time it takes. But I'm not sure the powers that be at Belpre really want a good football program. If they do they sure have no clue how to get it done. But if you want to know how to keep a program down just follow their model. :o
Those days are long gone. There are no more Ralph Holder types in that system. If there was they'd probably run him out with the current admin situation.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

So does the current genius have a staff in place and are they planning to scrimmage anyone or will they just show up and go undefeated?

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Howard Cosell wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:20 am So does the current genius have a staff in place and are they planning to scrimmage anyone or will they just show up and go undefeated?
I think they're just planning to show up and beat everyone. They been meditating about scoring against Trimble all summer. Said if they score at all against Trimble that will be as big of an accomplishment for them as going undefeated used to be back in the day. They may only have one coach but that's all they need they're saying. :lol:

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

So this is the City of Belpre's annual Homecoming with the traditional parade. Apparently, Belpre's new football coach thinks he is the ambassador of the city. His camerman buddy drove ahead of the football in a golf cart and was yelling, "Don't worry he's behind and will be here to shake everyone's hand." A few minutes later the football coach goes through the crowd point and shaking hands and saying, "thanks so much for coming out."

I, and the people around me, were absolutely speechless. I have never seen a more display of arrogance and self absorbance. Wow!

How about coaching football and winning some games before you think you run our town. Complete joke!

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Unbelievable!!! Don't even know what to say!

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:35 pm So this is the City of Belpre's annual Homecoming with the traditional parade. Apparently, Belpre's new football coach thinks he is the ambassador of the city. His camerman buddy drove ahead of the football in a golf cart and was yelling, "Don't worry he's behind and will be here to shake everyone's hand." A few minutes later the football coach goes through the crowd point and shaking hands and saying, "thanks so much for coming out."

I, and the people around me, were absolutely speechless. I have never seen a more display of arrogance and self absorbance. Wow!

How about coaching football and winning some games before you think you run our town. Complete joke!
Hey, he brought several players from across the river that look like they can help the program, so maybe shoot him a break because the hand shaking might just be working. :o

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:35 pm So this is the City of Belpre's annual Homecoming with the traditional parade. Apparently, Belpre's new football coach thinks he is the ambassador of the city. His camerman buddy drove ahead of the football in a golf cart and was yelling, "Don't worry he's behind and will be here to shake everyone's hand." A few minutes later the football coach goes through the crowd point and shaking hands and saying, "thanks so much for coming out."

The nerve of a football coach to try and stir up some community support.

The real joke about Belpre is illustrated on this message board.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:12 pm

Yes, gawd forbid a coach try to reach out to the community as well as show support for a community event. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

meatswinger wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:22 pm
enigmaax wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:12 pm

Yes, gawd forbid a coach try to reach out to the community as well as show support for a community event. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The hate for Jimmie Bell before he even coaches a game ridiculous. Give the guy a chance. It’s not like he has a ton to work with at Belpre.

Return to “Football”