2021 Belpre Eagles

efarns
S

Re: 2021 Belpre Eagles

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:52 pm The hate for Jimmie Bell before he even coaches a game ridiculous. Give the guy a chance. It’s not like he has a ton to work with at Belpre.
He's in danger of upsetting their proud tradition of being the third or fourth best team in The Hocking.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:17 pm
chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:35 pm So this is the City of Belpre's annual Homecoming with the traditional parade. Apparently, Belpre's new football coach thinks he is the ambassador of the city. His camerman buddy drove ahead of the football in a golf cart and was yelling, "Don't worry he's behind and will be here to shake everyone's hand." A few minutes later the football coach goes through the crowd point and shaking hands and saying, "thanks so much for coming out."

I, and the people around me, were absolutely speechless. I have never seen a more display of arrogance and self absorbance. Wow!

How about coaching football and winning some games before you think you run our town. Complete joke!
Hey, he brought several players from across the river that look like they can help the program, so maybe shoot him a break because the hand shaking might just be working. :o
Heard 1 of those at least is in 5th yr of HS, and others still living acrosss the river but going to Belpre. Lot of shady stuff happening there

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redblue85 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:13 am
chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:35 pm So this is the City of Belpre's annual Homecoming with the traditional parade. Apparently, Belpre's new football coach thinks he is the ambassador of the city. His camerman buddy drove ahead of the football in a golf cart and was yelling, "Don't worry he's behind and will be here to shake everyone's hand." A few minutes later the football coach goes through the crowd point and shaking hands and saying, "thanks so much for coming out."

I, and the people around me, were absolutely speechless. I have never seen a more display of arrogance and self absorbance. Wow!

How about coaching football and winning some games before you think you run our town. Complete joke!
Hey, he brought several players from across the river that look like they can help the program, so maybe shoot him a break because the hand shaking might just be working. :o
Heard 1 of those at least is in 5th yr of HS, and others still living acrosss the river but going to Belpre. Lot of shady stuff happening there
If the kid didn’t play sports for a year and is 19 or under he can still play. If he played 4 years of sports he would be ineligible

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 pm

If the kid didn’t play sports for a year and is 19 or under he can still play. If he played 4 years of sports he would be ineligible
It doesn’t matter how many years of sports you play. OHSAA eligibility for players ends at the conclusion of the 8th semester.

Any current student that attended a day of high school prior to the beginning of the 2018-19 school year (e.g. they attended during the 2017-18 school year) is no longer eligible to play in Ohio.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Kissing hands and shaking babies, just like the old days

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:56 pm

It doesn’t matter how many years of sports you play. OHSAA eligibility for players ends at the conclusion of the 8th semester.

Any current student that attended a day of high school prior to the beginning of the 2018-19 school year (e.g. they attended during the 2017-18 school year) is no longer eligible to play in Ohio.

Covid exceptions. Kids were allowed to sit out last seasons.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:03 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Covid exceptions. Kids were allowed to sit out last seasons.
No such thing.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:52 pm The hate for Jimmie Bell before he even coaches a game ridiculous. Give the guy a chance. It’s not like he has a ton to work with at Belpre.
Might be one reason they haven't had a program in a loooooooonnnnnngggggg time. :mrgreen:

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

efarns wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:11 pm
He's in danger of upsetting their proud tradition of being the third or fourth best team in The Hocking.
They couldn't have asked for a better motivator and energetic coach. This guy will bring much needed life to the program. I look for them to see immediate improvement.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

They couldn't have asked for a better motivator and energetic coach. This guy will bring much needed life to the program. I look for them to see immediate improvement.
[/quote]

Yep, he motivated about 20 kids off the team. Only dressed 16 kids last night. And Warren running back set school rushing record of 386 yeards against.

Return to “Football”