2021 JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2021 JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:13 am
Jackson Football wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:34 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:15 pm

It's July 10th, teams are just now getting into the swing of things, there really hasn't been anything locally in terms of 7-7 it's just that time of the year where information is lacking based on no 7-7 and scrimmages not being hit yet or even hitting. I mean what are people going to say, kids been weight lifting awesome looking strong, doing conditioning looking like a 10-0 team. Also given Covid ppl were really limited on who they could see so knowing who or what is coming back is limited as well, you're sort of just getting the cart before the horse at this point.
Any chatter would be good. I mean that’s all this sight is is chatter and usually bad opinions , or crying over Ironton

You have any input on the 2021 Ironmen ?
I believe some Ironman faithful are playing a little close to the vest, I've heard Winters had Tommy John so I'm expecting to see Spires at QB and Winters and Wolford in the backfield is what I'm guessing if the injury to Winters is true.
Winters arm is quite strong and ready. Jackson has two good ones ready to field the snaps.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ok, so judging by your comment on Winters and having 2 ready to field snaps, plus no denial of the injury then there was indeed a lot of truth behind what I was hearing. Thanks for the heads up.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dandy Don wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:04 am
Jackson Football wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:05 pm Any idea what Jackson has coming back on the offense and defensive line ? Without a strong engine the sports car will sputter.
How is your username JacksonFootball and you don't know the answer to this?
LOL, I was trying to let that one go for the guy Don. ;)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:11 pm Ok, so judging by your comment on Winters and having 2 ready to field snaps, plus no denial of the injury then there was indeed a lot of truth behind what I was hearing. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah to all of the riddles I guess.

Winters had TJ I believe and has played 2 7 on 7’s and there appears to be no arm issues. We have two guys that can run, pass, catch…..would probably be best two lineman as well.

I have NO inside info in any way…I suspect both kids will play QB at meaningful times this season.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

I love the non conference schedule for Jackson.

Week 1 Logan - natural rival with a century of tradition
Week 2 Ironton - probably the best program in the area, game should always be played.
Week 3 Licking Valley - strong division 4 program
Week 4 Western Brown - division 3 school, beat Jackson last time they came to alumni stadium
Week 5 Wheelersburg- nothing needs to be said about this game . It’s a fun rivalry with a lot of ties.

Awesome!

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Jackson Football wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:43 pm I love the non conference schedule for Jackson.

Week 2 Ironton - probably the best program in the area, game should always be played.
Week 4 Western Brown - division 3 school, beat Jackson last time they came to alumni stadium
Week 5 Wheelersburg- nothing needs to be said about this game . It’s a fun rivalry with a lot of ties.

Awesome!

If Jackson could come out of this gauntlet at 3-2 they would be sitting pretty !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson Football wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:51 pm
Jackson Football wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:43 pm I love the non conference schedule for Jackson.

Awesome!

If Jackson could come out of this gauntlet at 3-2 they would be sitting pretty !

I think playing Ironton and then WB 2 weeks later we’ll be style tested. Very excited for both games and doing great or poorly against 1 may not tell much for how they’ll do vs the other.

LV will be solid and Burg is Burg.

I expect Logan to be a 2nd half pull away

I’m hoping 5-0 and expecting 4-1

I wish our league games and these 5 games were mixed in.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:11 pm Ok, so judging by your comment on Winters and having 2 ready to field snaps, plus no denial of the injury then there was indeed a lot of truth behind what I was hearing. Thanks for the heads up.

Winters had TJ I believe and has played 2 7 on 7’s and there appears to be no arm issues. We have two guys that can run, pass, catch…..would probably be best two lineman as well.

I have NO inside info in any way…I suspect both kids will play QB at meaningful times this season.
Yeah that's pretty much what I've been hearing as well, heard the Wolford boy had a really good showing playing some baseball against some of the top guys here recently as well. Going to be hard to keep that young man off the field.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Yeah that's pretty much what I've been hearing as well, heard the Wolford boy had a really good showing playing some baseball against some of the top guys here recently as well. Going to be hard to keep that young man off the field.
Wolford will be in most every play. Kid is nails and kid is ready for big stuff. He’s put in the work. He will do big things this season running snd catching the ball. He has glue hands.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:17 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Wolford will be in most every play. Kid is nails and kid is ready for big stuff. He’s put in the work. He will do big things this season running snd catching the ball. He has glue hands.

Very talented and deep team. Could be a special year in Jackson.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good things in place for sure…….not one kid alone is gettin over the regional championship hump. It’s gonna take each n every one of them. Need that chemistry to mold and take shape and that needs to happen sooner then later.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:36 pm Good things in place for sure…….not one kid alone is gettin over the regional championship hump. It’s gonna take each n every one of them. Need that chemistry to mold and take shape and that needs to happen sooner then later.
What offense do ya'll run on the hill?

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

koondoger wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:13 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:36 pm Good things in place for sure…….not one kid alone is gettin over the regional championship hump. It’s gonna take each n every one of them. Need that chemistry to mold and take shape and that needs to happen sooner then later.

They make you prepare for a few things…..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

koondoger wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:13 am
We’ll run a lot, QB keep some, pass to slot some, go downfield a handful of times and a jet or two.

Good Luck

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Too bad you guys decided not to play us anymore. Take away the river valley and Vinton kids and you wouldn’t have a chance against us. Seo all star ironmen Cut and run from a rivalry.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:04 pm Too bad you guys decided not to play us anymore. Take away the river valley and Vinton kids and you wouldn’t have a chance against us. Seo all star ironmen Cut and run from a rivalry.
Good Luck against Miller

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

WellstonLover wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:04 pm Too bad you guys decided not to play us anymore. Take away the river valley and Vinton kids and you wouldn’t have a chance against us. Seo all star ironmen Cut and run from a rivalry.

😂😂😂

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good luck tomorrow night !

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Well after watching the Ironman play they might be 1 and 4 out of the first five games. They looked really bad against Bellbrook tonight. Just by going on what I seen in this game. one week left to get ready for the real deal.

Return to “Football”