2021 VINTON COUNTY VIKINGS FOOTBAL

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: 2021 VINTON COUNTY VIKINGS FOOTBAL

Post by Dundas »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:26 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:14 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:34 am

Yes! We'll get more playoff points for the team over the hill beating VC than if VC beats them. :mrgreen:
I’d take 8-2!
Well then, it's settled. VC will lose to NY and the team over the hill. NY will beat both of them and get the maximum playoff points. :mrgreen:
Don’t get me wrong, 10-0 is the goal but for a team that hasn’t won 8 games in a season since 2004, I’ll take it! 😉

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 pm

I’d take 8-2!
Well then, it's settled. VC will lose to NY and the team over the hill. NY will beat both of them and get the maximum playoff points. :mrgreen:
Don’t get me wrong, 10-0 is the goal but for a team that hasn’t won 8 games in a season since 2004, I’ll take it! 😉
Good point.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:34 am

Yes! We'll get more playoff points for the team over the hill beating VC than if VC beats them. :mrgreen:
I’d take 8-2!
Doubtful, but good to see you have hope 👍🏼

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 am

I’d take 8-2!
I do have hope for the team over the hill to beat VC. Sorry you don't. :mrgreen:

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 pm

I’d take 8-2!
Getting Jack back in the gold in some way would have made getting eight wins a lot easier

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

That’s the dumbest thing I have ever read Kenny. Jackie O is washed up and ready for retirement and yet you viking old timers clamor for the return of the good old days. News flash! You guys will be lucky to win eight games in the next three seasons.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:53 am

I do have hope for the team over the hill to beat VC. Sorry you don't. :mrgreen:
You know what I’m talking about. Denial is normal, it’s ok. Good luck with VC.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:11 pm

You keep denying and I'll keep hoping for your team. Good luck with VC to you too. :mrgreen:

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:55 am

You keep denying and I'll keep hoping for your team. Good luck with VC to you too. :mrgreen:
VC won't be a pushover for either NY or the team over the hill. But there is a game before we play them so, thats' what we're focused on.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Gecko wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:39 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:55 am

VC won't be a pushover for either NY or the team over the hill. But there is a game before we play them so, thats' what we're focused on.
Absolutely. Week one is coming quick! Should be a good one. VC won’t be a pushover for any team this year.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Just sorry to see the new coach added his father in law to the staff-- don't like seeing that-- I am sure he could find someone better.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:49 pm Just sorry to see the new coach added his father in law to the staff-- don't like seeing that-- I am sure he could find someone better.
You mean the father in law who was part of the most explosive offense in VC history in 1993? or the offensive coordinator of the 2004 playoff team? or the coordinator of the 2016 and 17 Vinton county Vikings that scored 28 points per game? that guy? things just may work out, watch and see. any system is good if the kids buy into what the coach is trying to do.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:04 pm
vcgrad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:49 pm Just sorry to see the new coach added his father in law to the staff-- don't like seeing that-- I am sure he could find someone better.
You mean the father in law who was part of the most explosive offense in VC history in 1993? or the offensive coordinator of the 2004 playoff team? or the coordinator of the 2016 and 17 Vinton county Vikings that scored 28 points per game? that guy? things just may work out, watch and see. any system is good if the kids buy into what the coach is trying to do.
What in the hell does playing on an explosive offense almost 30 years ago have to do with his anyone’s coaching ability now? And as far as 2004, “17 years ago”, a blind guy could’ve called an offense with that kind of talent and this guy most certainly didn’t call the plays. And 28 points a game is fine but they still had consecutive losing seasons. Fact of the matter is, this guy and a lot of the current assistants that Coach Carper hired has lingered around the program since the late 90’s and 1999 was VC’s last tvc title. Since these assistants have went through 5 head coaches, of whom has all got fired for their lack of success. You can brag about their playing career 30 years ago and one year they averaged 28 points but they’ve had 0-10, 1-9, 1-9, 2-8 and multiple 3-7 seasons and went through 5 head coaches. With that being said i wish the team the upmost success, but I’ve seen this program far to long under these guys.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Bethel cleaned house when he got the job, wonder why🤔

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm
What in the hell does playing on an explosive offense almost 30 years ago have to do with his anyone’s coaching ability now? And as far as 2004, “17 years ago”, a blind guy could’ve called an offense with that kind of talent and this guy most certainly didn’t call the plays. And 28 points a game is fine but they still had consecutive losing seasons. Fact of the matter is, this guy and a lot of the current assistants that Coach Carper hired has lingered around the program since the late 90’s and 1999 was VC’s last tvc title. Since these assistants have went through 5 head coaches, of whom has all got fired for their lack of success. You can brag about their playing career 30 years ago and one year they averaged 28 points but they’ve had 0-10, 1-9, 1-9, 2-8 and multiple 3-7 seasons and went through 5 head coaches. With that being said i wish the team the upmost success, but I’ve seen this program far to long under these guys.

Just to clarify, the former assistants never had an 0-10 season. 1-9 was the worst (which is still unacceptable). Also, Bethel was 9-9 all time in two seasons. Although I do believe he had things going in the right direction. I feel he has left coach Carper in a really good position. I also think that with the right leader, the assistants will fall in line. It’s up to the head coach to decide what’s expected of his players and staff. I’m excited to see what’s to come.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

I'll just say this, we glad they brought him back. :mrgreen:

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:53 pm

Just to clarify, the former assistants never had an 0-10 season. 1-9 was the worst (which is still unacceptable). Also, Bethel was 9-9 all time in two seasons. Although I do believe he had things going in the right direction. I feel he has left coach Carper in a really good position. I also think that with the right leader, the assistants will fall in line. It’s up to the head coach to decide what’s expected of his players and staff. I’m excited to see what’s to come.
All I'm saying is many factors contribute to a 1-9 season. Blaming one single coach seems unfair to that coach. Most years that VC has struggled it has been the defense that's been the issue. in the 2010 to 12 era (cant remember exact season) VC had one season were they averaged around 8 points per game. and that season the coach your talking about didn't coach. it was an awful year to watch VC football. VC has had many seasons were the defense was just vapor. hard to put that on a guy that's an O coordinator. Carper Brings a great defensive mind to VC. with this combo it could be the perfect fit for all these coaches to shine. we will know for sure real soon.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:23 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:53 pm

All I'm saying is many factors contribute to a 1-9 season. Blaming one single coach seems unfair to that coach. Most years that VC has struggled it has been the defense that's been the issue. in the 2010 to 12 era (cant remember exact season) VC had one season were they averaged around 8 points per game. and that season the coach your talking about didn't coach. it was an awful year to watch VC football. VC has had many seasons were the defense was just vapor. hard to put that on a guy that's an O coordinator. Carper Brings a great defensive mind to VC. with this combo it could be the perfect fit for all these coaches to shine. we will know for sure real soon.
Ok, if you don’t want to be talked about then don’t brag about how you was an explosive player 30 years ago and how you averaged 28 points a game in 2004. It’s embarrassing as as vc football fan for crying out loud. How did the offense look today against paint valley? I had to work.

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

Promising if you ask me. most years that first scrimmage can be pretty brutal. athletes are playing great. a bit ahead of the line on both sides of the ball if you ask me. Lines gonna have to catch up. Paint valley was huge in the trenches so it was a good test for them. The skill positions have a lot of potential. Cant wait for this Friday and see how we stack up with Logan elm.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

All-Time records vs Current Schedule:

Unioto: 4-13
Crooksville: 1st Meeting
Trimble: 11-13
Meigs: 18-20
Athens: 4-15
Alexander: 28-18
Warren: 2-14