2021 VINTON COUNTY VIKINGS FOOTBAL

AMERICANFLAG
Waterboy

Re: Who Will be Vinton County’s Head Coach in 2021

Post by AMERICANFLAG »

Yes, it has begun and it is very unfortunate circumstance for Coach Bethel and VC. They had a good one and maybe he can come back someday when things are better. Best wishes Coach!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:20 am
AMERICANFLAG wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:55 pm Yes, it is true then Vikes are looking for a coach.
Yes, the bi-annual VC football coaching search has commenced. :mrgreen:
In this case a little humility is on order. Coach Bethal has to put his family first.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:36 am
AMERICANFLAG wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:55 pm Yes, it is true then Vikes are looking for a coach.
In this case a little humility is on order. Coach Bethal has to put his family first.
Obviously family comes first.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:17 am
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:26 am

Well, I would feel much worse if NY didn't own VC. How's that make you feel. :mrgreen:
Just call Trimble your daddy and prepare for the annual beating this fall. Hype the game up and get rolled as usual. Yawn.
Ya, if we didn't have that dominance over VC it would really suck. Killing you with that huh. :mrgreen:
What truth? That you dominate VC and Trimble dominates you ? 😆

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I’m actually sick and disgusted by you and your posts on this thread. I have never had that feeling about anyone on this site until now. Comical banter amongst alumni and fans is one thing. But to basically make fun of a school/coach for stepping away because of a serious family issue is beneath even you. What a sad person you are. I hope karma doesn’t find you. Even if you think it’s funny, it’s not. Please do this site a favor and delete your account. The city of Nelsonville and all of Buckeye nation should be proud of this one right here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

AMERICANFLAG wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:26 am Yes, it has begun and it is very unfortunate circumstance for Coach Bethel and VC. They had a good one and maybe he can come back someday when things are better. Best wishes Coach!
Yeah. He had VC playing tough

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Tommy Chong wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:01 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:17 am
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 pm

Just call Trimble your daddy and prepare for the annual beating this fall. Hype the game up and get rolled as usual. Yawn.
Ya, if we didn't have that dominance over VC it would really suck. Killing you with that huh. :mrgreen:
What truth? That you dominate VC and Trimble dominates you ? 😆
Whatever makes you feel good. I bet You're suddenly a Tampa Bay fan now too. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Dundas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:32 pm
I’m actually sick and disgusted by you and your posts on this thread. I have never had that feeling about anyone on this site until now. Comical banter amongst alumni and fans is one thing. But to basically make fun of a school/coach for stepping away because of a serious family issue is beneath even you. What a sad person you are. I hope karma doesn’t find you. Even if you think it’s funny, it’s not. Please do this site a favor and delete your account. The city of Nelsonville and all of Buckeye nation should be proud of this one right here.
Dude, I never made one negative comment about the coach. You seriously have an issue. Sorry you're all butt hurt, but no need to make things up about my posts just to soothe your anger. I really hope you have a better day today. :mrgreen:

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

I am sad to see Coach Bethel go. That boy had them Vikes playin tough. This was gonna be ther year. Still we must look forward. Pick up a six pack. Rally the troops and start figuring out what it will take to get Coach Jack back. That ole man could get our boys to run through a brick wall for him. If not him, Why not Matt Queen? He had kids playing tough asz ball and we never got bareassed in a game.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:58 am

I am sad to see Coach Bethel go. That boy had them Vikes playin tough. This was gonna be ther year. Still we must look forward. Pick up a six pack. Rally the troops and start figuring out what it will take to get Coach Jack back. That ole man could get our boys to run through a brick wall for him. If not him, Why not Matt Queen? He had kids playing tough asz ball and we never got bareassed in a game.
GIVE IT UP. WILL NOT HAPPEN. Quit looking in the past. Jack is 70 years old. He’s been under .500 since leaving Vc 30 years ago. You think he’s gonna get along with Matt Combs’s? Not HAPPENING.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Stay on topic.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Bring back Jeff Downs a proven winner, all those folks who didn't like his style have since moved their students to Jackson.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I don't think that I would be speaking out of school as it is public knowledge. Coach Bethel oldest child, Stryder, is dealing a serious medical issue that will require future doctor's appointments, hospital visits, medical testing, and endless amount of rehabilitation and therapy. Coach felt that his attention would be better served, especially toward Stryder's rehab and therapy, and to his family. And no one can blame him.

Make no mistake, if it was not for this medical emergency to a beloved young boy who is the coach's son, he would be Vinton County's Football Coach for years to come. He was changing hearts and mind, the culture, and was dedicated to the program and the community. I could see him having the same success and tenue as Coach Combs and Coach Kirkpatrick.

If you wish to help, Spring Street Sports are selling t-shirts, Stryder Strong shirts, long and short sleeve, in all colors, including pukey Nelsonville-York brown, Athens grimey green, and Trimble clashing red. Contact SSS at 740-596-8337 and order yours. All profits go to help pay for Stryder's medical costs.

Keep the young man in your thoughts and prayers.

As for the football program, it will be fine. Coach Combs is dedicated to find the right individual to help continue what Coach Bethel begun.

Thank you.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Good post Hawkeye. How about Wellston blue and gold? Prayers for Coach Bethel and his family. We should support this family.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:04 pm I don't think that I would be speaking out of school as it is public knowledge. Coach Bethel oldest child, Stryder, is dealing a serious medical issue that will require future doctor's appointments, hospital visits, medical testing, and endless amount of rehabilitation and therapy. Coach felt that his attention would be better served, especially toward Stryder's rehab and therapy, and to his family. And no one can blame him.

Make no mistake, if it was not for this medical emergency to a beloved young boy who is the coach's son, he would be Vinton County's Football Coach for years to come. He was changing hearts and mind, the culture, and was dedicated to the program and the community. I could see him having the same success and tenue as Coach Combs and Coach Kirkpatrick.

If you wish to help, Spring Street Sports are selling t-shirts, Stryder Strong shirts, long and short sleeve, in all colors, including pukey Nelsonville-York brown, Athens grimey green, and Trimble clashing red. Contact SSS at 740-596-8337 and order yours. All profits go to help pay for Stryder's medical costs.

Keep the young man in your thoughts and prayers.

As for the football program, it will be fine. Coach Combs is dedicated to find the right individual to help continue what Coach Bethel begun.

Thank you.

Appreciate the heads up Hawker! I wish the best for Coach and his family. I also want to say we need a guy to keep teaching these toughasz country boys to run thruohg walls and bust some heads just like we used to do back in the day. I will drink to t hat!

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Re: 2021 Vinton County Vikings

Post by Daniel Boone »

Thank you for the information in regard to Coach Bethel. Thoughts and prayers! He was doing a tremendous job.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

GRFan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:21 am Good post Hawkeye. How about Wellston blue and gold? Prayers for Coach Bethel and his family. We should support this family.
Yes, for goodness sake, they have something you call blue and yellow... :lol:

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Any news on potential candidates for the new head?

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Has it even been posted yet?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Flexworth wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:52 pm Has it even been posted yet?
Yes. It’s on the OHSAA website.

Return to “Football”