2021 VINTON COUNTY VIKINGS FOOTBAL

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Re: 2021 Vinton County Vikings

Post by Flexworth »

hsfbfan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:01 am
Dundas wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:04 am
Rolltanks wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:37 pm How long can they go before they name a coach. Idk what’s going on but it could be hard to get a good candidate to apply if they drag this out even longer
The board has their man. All that needs done is dotting I’s and crossing T’s.
Was the new coach hired last night at the BOE meeting?
I was told he will not be hired until the May board meeting. This has taken way to long. Coach Bethel resigned in January.

SeaBass
Waterboy

Post by SeaBass »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:55 am
hsfbfan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:01 am
Dundas wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:04 am

The board has their man. All that needs done is dotting I’s and crossing T’s.
Was the new coach hired last night at the BOE meeting?
I was told he will not be hired until the May board meeting. This has taken way to long. Coach Bethel resigned in January.
Tick, tick, tick, tick

Kick his ASS, SeaBass!
Oakhead
Waterboy

Post by Oakhead »

The admin at VC has had their candidate for over a month. As usual, the BOE hires all football coaches at VC and has to approve the candidate.

After a bunch of applicants and interviews, the candidate the admin chose is an absolute home run for VC.

Former D1 football player and team captain
Long time assistant coach at one of the best high school programs in WV (coached multiple all-american players)
HIghly recommended teacher

This coach already had a full staff of assistants committed and ready to get started....just waiting for the BOE to vote him in.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Oakhead wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:33 am The admin at VC has had their candidate for over a month. As usual, the BOE hires all football coaches at VC and has to approve the candidate.

After a bunch of applicants and interviews, the candidate the admin chose is an absolute home run for VC.

Long time assistant coach at one of the best high school programs in WV (coached multiple all-american players)

This coach already had a full staff of assistants committed and ready to get started....just waiting for the BOE to vote him in.
Looks like another proven winner for VC, and with a nickname like TJ how can he fail? That's great to hear. VC football should be good to go for the next two years. :mrgreen:

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Congratulations to Coach Carper and may he win lots of titles during his stay in McArthur. I have a beer for him after his first TVC title this fall.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Oakhead wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:33 am The admin at VC has had their candidate for over a month. As usual, the BOE hires all football coaches at VC and has to approve the candidate.

Would this full staff of assistants be the same staff that was under Coach Downs, Coach Wellman, Coach Burleson, Coach Yates and their pedigree consists of an 0-10, 1-9, and numerous 2-8 and 3-7 seasons? You don’t have to answer that, because I already know it is. Coach Carper a has close relative from the old staff. I thought we at VC were done with that bunch, unfortunately not. I hope some of coach Bethel’s staff is on board.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Flexworth wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Would this full staff of assistants be the same staff that was under Coach Downs, Coach Wellman, Coach Burleson, Coach Yates and their pedigree consists of an 0-10, 1-9, and numerous 2-8 and 3-7 seasons? You don’t have to answer that, because I already know it is. Coach Carper a has close relative from the old staff. I thought we at VC were done with that bunch, unfortunately not. I hope some of coach Bethel’s staff is on board.
How many years did each of those coaches you mentioned last as HC? I've been told the average over the last 20 years is 2 years.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:19 pm

How many years did each of those coaches you mentioned last as HC? I've been told the average over the last 20 years is 2 years.
Im not sure, but its close to 2-3 years. Same staff under 5 head coaching stints. They were not part of the staff under the last HC.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Flexworth wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:40 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:19 pm

Im not sure, but its close to 2-3 years. Same staff under 5 head coaching stints. They were not part of the staff under the last HC.
Would prolly be a good idea to keep as many as possible from last years staff, one would think, with the program they were building.

McArthur General
Waterboy

Post by McArthur General »

Any word on the the coaching situation at VC? Has he been hired yet?

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

McArthur General wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:58 am Any word on the the coaching situation at VC? Has he been hired yet?
No one has officially been hired. It was not on April’s school board agenda.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

I thought they hired that Carper guy form Cabell Midland.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:31 am I thought they hired that Carper guy form Cabell Midland.
Yea, that is who the administration has supposedly appointed, but again, he didn’t officially get hired during the April school board meeting. So workouts haven’t started

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

New coach ????

Comin from Cabel Midland ????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

countywide35 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:20 am New coach ????

Yes. Officially hired. Welcome to VC T.J. Carper!

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Dundas wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:21 am

Glad to see they got another proven winner. From what I've heard this guy is the real deal. Hopefully he stays for at least 3 years.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Pat wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:15 am
Dundas wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:21 am

Glad to see they got another proven winner. From what I've heard this guy is the real deal. Hopefully he stays for at least 3 years.
I figured you would be ecstatic Pat. We’re hoping for at least 3 years as well. Although I think our realistic expectation is around 1.5 years. The kids are already running through walls for the new coach too so Ground Buck, you don’t need to ask that question. We’re just hoping the kids have fun and no one gets hurt this fall. We’ve also taken down the scoreboard and replaced it with a fun-o-meter. Get out of here you troll. Not sure why you are the way you are but I’m sure it stems from being cut from a JV team your senior year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

His wife was a pretty good athlete at Vinton County. Makes me wonder if she will get the girls basketball coaching job

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Good luck Coach Carper!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:55 pm

His wife was a pretty good athlete at Vinton County. Makes me wonder if she will get the girls basketball coaching job
She was also the girls coach at Midland. Not sure if she’s interested in the VC job though.

Return to “Football”