2021 SOC2

14U
S

Re: 2021 SOC2

Post by 14U »

FalconFever02 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:19 pm Very disappointed in the direction of the Minford program the past few years, if they go right back to 3-5 wins, this system is broken for sure.
Until they get rid of the head coach. Minford will have problems winning games. He should have been gone 3 years ago!! Every year they have off field problems that leads to the field on Friday night. Now Minford has some assistance coaches that holds the team together every year!! Figure Falcons faithful would do something about the problem....

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

14U wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:40 am
FalconFever02 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:19 pm Very disappointed in the direction of the Minford program the past few years, if they go right back to 3-5 wins, this system is broken for sure.
Until they get rid of the head coach. Minford will have problems winning games. He should have been gone 3 years ago!! Every year they have off field problems that leads to the field on Friday night. Now Minford has some assistance coaches that holds the team together every year!! Figure Falcons faithful would do something about the problem....
Last time I checked, the faithful fans of any team do not have the authority to hire and fire high school coaches. That said, members of boards of education are elected and can be voted out of office if you desire to effect a coaching change.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Omega wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:24 pm
14U wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:40 am
Last time I checked, the faithful fans of any team do not have the authority to hire and fire high school coaches. That said, members of boards of education are elected and can be voted out of office if you desire to effect a coaching change.
If this were true the power in numbers would never apply, faithful fans do have the ability to cause change in the high school coaching realm. It comes in the form of numbers, petitions, showing up to school board meetings, even transferring has that effect. It takes more than 2 or 3 ppl though and that is more effective than the I'll vote in a new school board member mentality. Why is that?? Because there's more people voting that could care less about who is coaching the football program vs the few who would actually vote for a change because of the football program.

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Post by WHS2000grad »

Waverly is the champ until somebody beats them. Not saying they will win the conferene, not saying they are front runners. But right now you must beat the best to be the best. Last year, Waverly was the best.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This year a team that starts with W and is orange and black will win it.

I think it will be burg.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Did Wheelersburg lose one of their inside backers to "basketball only"?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I heard that as well...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

If true, will hurt Burg on both sides of ball. I'm still in the "I'll believe when I see it" camp.*

Richard Noggin
Riding the Bench

Post by Richard Noggin »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:00 am Did Wheelersburg lose one of their inside backers to "basketball only"?
Been hearing that also.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:33 am If true, will hurt Burg on both sides of ball. I'm still in the "I'll believe when I see it" camp.*
Same here.

Would be an unreal decision to me based on what I have seen in both sports.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If it’s true, I hope he changes his mind. He will regret it if he has any love for the game. You don’t get your youth back.

I think the problem is in our area is the only big thing is our youth sports. Players are told they are really good and pretty much have abnormal expectations. But kids around here truly don’t know how big the world is and how hard it is to make it in the next level, even at Shawnee it’s difficult.

I feel too much pressure is on kids today to perform and succeed.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 pm If it’s true, I hope he changes his mind. He will regret it if he has any love for the game. You don’t get your youth back.

I think the problem is in our area is the only big thing is our youth sports. Players are told they are really good and pretty much have abnormal expectations. But kids around here truly don’t know how big the world is and how hard it is to make it in the next level, even at Shawnee it’s difficult.

I feel too much pressure is on kids today to perform and succeed.
The young man needs to do what is best for him, but I think he is getting some terrible advice from somewhere. Unless of course if there is some type of injury issue that we are not aware of.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I actually heard today that the young man will be playing football in the fall. So the burg faithful shouldn't worry too much.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

transplant wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:27 pm I actually heard today that the young man will be playing football in the fall. So the burg faithful shouldn't worry too much.
The Burg program has proven over the years to be so efficient and effective in developing talent and depth that the absence or presence of one player has little bearing on its SOC fortunes.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Didn’t say it did. Just said he was playing. But thanks.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

transplant wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:19 pm Didn’t say it did. Just said he was playing. But thanks.
Glad he’s playing if true. It would have hurt burg. He was the starting inside linebacker and still will be in the mix for starting QB.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm still being told, by someone who I consider an extremely reliable source, that he is not playing. I know for a fact he hasn't been coming to football workouts.

That may change in the future.... but as of 3-4 days ago when I talked to this source it was still a NO.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

There are lots of kids that should be playing, but they don't for one reason or another.

This player is another example of a kid that transferred open entrollment and now realizes it was a mistake to do so.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:14 pm There are lots of kids that should be playing, but they don't for one reason or another.

This player is another example of a kid that transferred open entrollment and now realizes it was a mistake to do so.
A mistake to transfer to Wheelersburg?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:14 pm There are lots of kids that should be playing, but they don't for one reason or another.

In what way? The kid played as a freshman in both sports which is extremely rare at burg. Maybe he doesn’t want to play football anymore. Man. Imagine that. A kid decides that not to play a sport anymore.

Return to “Football”