Remembering Ironton's Jermon Jackson

henrysteele
JV Team

Remembering Ironton's Jermon Jackson

Post by henrysteele »

This is my tribute story for the former Ironton High and Ohio State running back.

Saturday will be a tough day for the Ironton community. My thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family.

https://irontongridironlegends.wordpres ... n-jackson/

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Remembering Ironton's Jermon Jackson

Post by mattash »

This is a solid read and a ton of work put into it.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

Thanks, Matt.

I had a lot of good people helping with the article.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

henrysteele wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:02 pm This is my tribute story for the former Ironton High and Ohio State running back.

Saturday will be a tough day for the Ironton community. My thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family.

https://irontongridironlegends.wordpres ... n-jackson/
Thanks. Very good read.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was very good friends with buckeye coach john cooper back when jermon played. I was always writing him and calling him about jermon. and sending him clippings from the ironton tribune all the time. I was thrilled he went to ohio state. every time I think about jermon, 1 play stands out in my mind. I don't know why but this one always does. just the look on the opposing coach's face. and the fact I knew him real well. south point and ironton had a playoff game one time. I don't really no where at. but jermon recieved either a punt or a kickoff. and I truly think jermon done this instinctually. because nobody from ironton's team really reacted. he receives this kick, and turns up field, and there is this perfect wall formed along the left side of the field. he takes like 3 steps towards the left. this did this juke step to the right. and flew down the right side. and all I can see is former ironton assistant and a dear friend of mine coach lynn schrickel, he just stood there watching as jermon came roaring by. and nobody was in the picture but him. i'll never forget the coach's facial expression.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

priceless.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

I added the memorial program to the tribute page for Jermon. It's at the bottom of the Web page.

Return to “Football”