2021 PORTSMOUTH WEST SENATORS FOOTBALL

koondoger
JV Team

Re: 2021 PORTSMOUTH WEST SENATORS FOOTBALL

Post by koondoger »

Westfan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:03 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:38 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:09 pm First two games of the season are away for the Senators. That gives them some extra time to finish.
Arbiter says the first 2 games are @ West. Did things change?
Schedule I saw showed the first 2 games at home. Whether that has changed I don’t know

Hearing a lot of good things about this team. Done well at the Jackson 7 on 7 scoring 3 or 4 times on Jackson in 10 plays, tying a good Paint Valley team, and done well against Vinton County Friday. They will be really good this year.
Curious, what offense is West running? Heard it was a "grab bag" type of deal, but not sure how reliable that source is since it was a coach of a rival school. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

koondoger wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:24 pm
Westfan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:03 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:38 am

Arbiter says the first 2 games are @ West. Did things change?
Schedule I saw showed the first 2 games at home. Whether that has changed I don’t know

Hearing a lot of good things about this team. Done well at the Jackson 7 on 7 scoring 3 or 4 times on Jackson in 10 plays, tying a good Paint Valley team, and done well against Vinton County Friday. They will be really good this year.
Curious, what offense is West running? Heard it was a "grab bag" type of deal, but not sure how reliable that source is since it was a coach of a rival school. :mrgreen:
Have not heard what the offense will be. I am gonna go off of an assumption and say this will prolly be a new look compared offenses of old. Probably not as much ground and pound. I know Irwin has developed into a good QB. The surrounding guys have SPEED. Just the way I would handle it, but I am not the Coach. Even if it is a "grab bag", that doesnt mean it can't work.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

This team has weapons on the outside and in the backfield. They could run the wishbone or 5 wide spread. Won’t matter they’re gonna move the ball. Defense will be really good also. Speed in the defensive backfield and 3 of the better linebackers in the area.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Heard the field will not be ready, looking to play at Valley and Portsmouth for the first 2.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Why did coach newsome leave Ironton?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

GalliaTribe wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 pm Why did coach newsome leave Ironton?
Heard he got a job at West middle school.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

CoachC wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:49 am
SiderBlood wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:26 pm
CoachC wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:41 pm I'm not trying to be a downer, but why are so many younger, lower level kids transferring out to other schools? I talked with one this weekend who has little, or no confidence in the JH coaches.
To transfer because you don't like JH coaches is ridiculous. That's 2 years and on to better things. Some kids aren't even developed yet. Doesn't mean a whole lot. Idk why we are teaching the youngins if you dont get your way to bounce. Not the way I was brought up.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I don't like moving to another school unless the "Home" school is not up to par teaching the child. I have some close friends who have 1 at one school, 1 at another simply because of sports. I will pray for them, but it's their decision(s).
Oh good god 😂😂😂😂 It's not 1982 anymore. Get over it.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:38 am
SiderBlood wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:26 pm

To transfer because you don't like JH coaches is ridiculous. That's 2 years and on to better things. Some kids aren't even developed yet. Doesn't mean a whole lot. Idk why we are teaching the youngins if you dont get your way to bounce. Not the way I was brought up.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I don't like moving to another school unless the "Home" school is not up to par teaching the child. I have some close friends who have 1 at one school, 1 at another simply because of sports. I will pray for them, but it's their decision(s).
You can think whatever you want, but bailing on your team for "perceived" higher roads speaks alot of your character. It doesn't matter what year it is.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:34 am
You can think whatever you want, but bailing on your team for "perceived" higher roads speaks alot of your character. It doesn't matter what year it is.
They ain’t higher roads. That big year when like 6 junior high transfers came into burg and t shirts were made? Only one remains at the school. Typically transfers aren’t team players.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:03 am

They ain’t higher roads. That big year when like 6 junior high transfers came into burg and t shirts were made? Only one remains at the school. Typically transfers aren’t team players.
I completely agree, more times than not they are not benefitting. Nick Saban has a quote talking about those types of players. Paraphrasing here, but basically if you are willing to quit on your guys at the drop of the hat because you think you are getting screwed, he doesn't want that type of player on his team.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

PDT posted an article about the new turf. Looks like they are hopeful it will be ready for week 1, but if it’s not they have agreed to a deal with Portsmouth to play there on Saturday night. Sounds like they are confident it will be ready for Portsmouth week 2.
Last edited by PTrojan59 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who Dey!
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:53 am PDT posted an article about the new turf. Looks like they are hopeful it will be ready for week 1, but if it’s not they have a agreed to a deal with Portsmouth to play there on Saturday night. Sounds like they are confident it will be ready for Portsmouth week 2.
Better news than I had heard. Sounds for sure like week one against Fairland will be played at Portsmouth, I hope you are right about week 2. If I am not mistaken, the opening of The Rock in 2001 or 2002 was against the Trojans. Would be cool to open it up with the cross town rival again after the makeover.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:41 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:53 am PDT posted an article about the new turf. Looks like they are hopeful it will be ready for week 1, but if it’s not they have a agreed to a deal with Portsmouth to play there on Saturday night. Sounds like they are confident it will be ready for Portsmouth week 2.
Better news than I had heard. Sounds for sure like week one against Fairland will be played at Portsmouth, I hope you are right about week 2. If I am not mistaken, the opening of The Rock in 2001 or 2002 was against the Trojans. Would be cool to open it up with the cross town rival again after the makeover.

I agree that would be cool. Back in 2009 when Portsmouth opened up the coliseum, it was against West. So it just seems fitting really.

Who Dey!
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Grow up 😂😂😂😂 Things change. Stop cryin.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Real grown ups wouldn't let their kids act the way most do now. "Things change" isn't an excuse now nor will it ever be. But parents think everyone of their little superstars are too good for everyone else.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:57 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Real grown ups wouldn't let their kids act the way most do now. "Things change" isn't an excuse now nor will it ever be. But parents think everyone of their little superstars are too good for everyone else.
Ok boomer 😂😂😂

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Glad west is hopefully on the up as well as their field. It's only good for SEO football when the senators are competitive.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Here's a team with all of the tools, but a new head coach. I think Newsome is a good coach and this can show that he's great coach. I think there are some heavy hitters on D and the O can move the ball. I've stated that the SOC should come down to West and Waverly, do it now because Burg will be back.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

At the end of the Portsmouth game tonight they said next weeks game is on a Saturday and being played at northwest. I was hoping to see the new field.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”