New move ins at your schools.How many? Let’s have fun

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: New move ins at your schools.How many? Let’s have fun

Post by greygoose »

FIDO wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:49 am If you are serious about wanting to play D1 or at any level, start attending camps, early and often. You'll find out how quickly you measure up against others. Youll get the exposure you are desperately seeking. If you rely on others to direct your future you already lost. Most would stand a better chance at hitting a 2 buck lottery ticket than making a successful D1 career. It is what it is
I get your point but your statement relying on others is so far off. Do you really think a kid growing up and going through all these things knows what steps they need to take?? That’s a bit foolish someone’s got show the direction whether they figure it out after that is up to them.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

There is a huge difference between promises and what is delivered. Of course kids need mentoring but at the end of the day it is their decision, their commitment and their abilities that'll carry them thru. You either have it or you don't.

I should have said if you solely rely on others...blah, blah, blah

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FIDO wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:23 pm There is a huge difference between promises and what is delivered. Of course kids need mentoring but at the end of the day it is their decision, their commitment and their abilities that'll carry them thru. You either have it or you don't.

I should have said if you solely rely on others...blah, blah, blah
Yeah now that I can agree with and let’s be honest that’s the bottom line right?? So many want to blame parents for this or that ultimately it comes down to the want of the athlete. Not a single parent, coach, or friend can put the heart into any athlete or the drive to take that step. Parents can help with opportunities and coaches can help with techniques and acknowledgements but no one can put the drive into athlete. As I’ve told ppl over the years effort can’t be taught, it can be explained and you can try and pull it out. In the end it’s the want to of that athlete that will dictate the outcome. Ppl can cry and complain about it but it’s not your kid it’s not your decision and it has zero baring on your life, so if they want to transfer so what. When there’s places where coaches aren’t held accountable I sure as heck am not going to hold a 16 yr old accountable for wanting to do their own thing. Nor am I going to judge a parent for allowing/helping their kid to do that it’s such a small window for them and they’re the ones effected by the decisions made.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:44 pm
transplant wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:26 pm What about the players all these moves in are replacing? He’s preaching building a program, but then goes out and recruits players in high schools. How long til the parents of the kids who put in time for years and then ride the bench. Not going to be good.
Absolutely. Other schools also. If this stuff is true someone will eventually get caught. A text message, video, picture, or just a ticked off momma will be the end of it
AGREED

Return to “Football”