Oak Hill Oaks 6 vs Wellston Golden Rockets 28 2021

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Re: Oak Hill Oaks vs Wellston Golden Rockets

Post by Howard Cosell »

OakHillAlumni wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:22 am Oak Hill there first year obviously lost to burg, best west and lost a competitive one score game against Waverly the same year the shoemaker kid from Waverly rushed for over two thousand yards, in exception to rebuilding years, Me. Cosell the TVC cannot touch anything that the SOC 2 has to offer.
Excuses.You are still mostly losing. Not impressive.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Maybe you guys could restart the old SVAC and go back to being the big fish in a mudhole. Or ask Logan to form a league. They are at the same level of suck as you guys.

OakHillAlumni
Waterboy

Post by OakHillAlumni »

Yeah and Wellston can go back to playing Jackson and starting the year off 0-1 so talking about oak hill playing a lot bigger teams then.themselves is really not an argument you can win.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

OakHillAlumni wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:50 am Yeah and Wellston can go back to playing Jackson and starting the year off 0-1 so talking about oak hill playing a lot bigger teams then.themselves is really not an argument you can win.
Or for that matter maybe you guys could play Jackson since Oak Hell and Wellston are the same size. Your arguments have holes. I bet they match the ones in your skull.

OakHillAlumni
Waterboy

Post by OakHillAlumni »

Howard Cosell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:19 am
OakHillAlumni wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:50 am Yeah and Wellston can go back to playing Jackson and starting the year off 0-1 so talking about oak hill playing a lot bigger teams then.themselves is really not an argument you can win.
Or for that matter maybe you guys could play Jackson since Oak Hell and Wellston are the same size. Your arguments have holes. I bet they match the ones in your skull.
If you want to make a chain playing argument Oak Hill already does playing wheelersburg, last time I check burg hasn't lost a match up between themselves and Jackson in some time, also the burg has more players than Jackson, so saying that oak hill should play Jackson based on the numbers is asinine because they play a bigger and more formidable opponent

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

GRfan, when has Wellston played Minford In the past? Also if you want to see home field advantage? Walk into Ed Miller Stadium with several hundred shouting fans with rattling Jugs. It is phenomenal. Wellston has only played Waverly a couple times in the last few years. Win /loss.?
Last edited by gator81 on Fri May 21, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

GRfan, when has Wellston played Minford In the past? Also if you want to see home field advantage? Walk into Ed Miller Stadium with several hundred shouting fans with rattling Jugs. It is phenomenal. Wellston has only played West a couple times in the last few years. Win /loss.?

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Wellston played Minford in the 2000s. A lot of close games but Minford had the edge in that series. Wellston and West have split,2-2, didn’t play in 2020 because of COVID but are scheduled to play this year.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

OakHillAlumni wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:46 am
If you want to make a chain playing argument Oak Hill already does playing wheelersburg, last time I check burg hasn't lost a match up between themselves and Jackson in some time, also the burg has more players than Jackson, so saying that oak hill should play Jackson based on the numbers is asinine because they play a bigger and more formidable opponent
Last time Jackson played Burg it was a beatdown in favor of Jackson. We’ll see what happens the next few years in that series .

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

OakHillAlumni wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:46 am
YEEEEHAAWWWWW!!!! Then playing Jackson should be no issue for a program of your caliber. Give them a call.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Howard Cosell, sounds like there are some concerns, with the Rockets playing Oak Hill. Side line warning.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

gator81 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:20 pm Howard Cosell, sounds like there are some concerns, with the Rockets playing Oak Hill. Side line warning.
Naw man. Them Rockets is ready. Have you seen the size of some of the moms in that town?

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Howard Cosell you are just like that lonesome polecat from last year. Respect the the Mothers. Call the play in Howard!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Rivalry !

Seems to be gettin a little chippy already !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I expect to see Wellston somewhat move away from the spread and move to a more old school under center type formation. Wellston will have a good sized OL but with only 1 returning starter will need to simplify the offense to help mitigate their lack of experience. Also, with Frisby back at QB Molihan moving to TB and Evan Brown at the H-back/TE will lean more on the running game and use Brown alot in the short passing game. They will however have a couple of good receiving threats in Breech and Wilbur but as with the OL they also lack experience at the varsity level.

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

I like Wellston 35-14

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

hsfbfan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:04 am I expect to see Wellston somewhat move away from the spread and move to a more old school under center type formation. Wellston will have a good sized OL but with only 1 returning starter will need to simplify the offense to help mitigate their lack of experience. Also, with Frisby back at QB Molihan moving to TB and Evan Brown at the H-back/TE will lean more on the running game and use Brown alot in the short passing game. They will however have a couple of good receiving threats in Breech and Wilbur but as with the OL they also lack experience at the varsity level.
The QB/TB/Hb combo wellston has coming
Back is as nice of a combo you can ask for. Those kids are nice athletes snd only gonna bet better with every snap of the football. The woes that plague wellston is just about every high schools woes. Inexperience line. It’s what Nick Saban makes sure he has the best of first. Before a Heisman Trophy goes to the Qb/RB of AL. The best offense lineman award goes to someone on the AL line. Saban makes sure he has the best from Tackle to Tackle in America.

Wellston will come ready to play too....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Copay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm I like Wellston 35-14

That’s too lopsided for me. Not saying you are wrong by any means. But I just don’t see wellston beating Oak Hill by 3scores.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:10 am
Copay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm I like Wellston 35-14

That’s too lopsided for me. Not saying you are wrong by any means. But I just don’t see wellston beating Oak Hill by 3scores.
I agree. One to two score game.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Oaks lost nearly every starter from last years team and aren’t bringing in much of note. I have a feeling it’s going to be many years before they are competitive in the league again, but I hope I’m wrong.

Return to “Football”