Oak Hill Oaks 6 vs Wellston Golden Rockets 28 2021

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Oak Hill Oaks vs Wellston Golden Rockets

Post by countywide35 »

3sUp wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:43 pm Oaks lost nearly every starter from last years team and aren’t bringing in much of note. I have a feeling it’s going to be many years before they are competitive in the league again, but I hope I’m wrong.

Ooo I didn’t know that. I thought the core of that group was coming back. Or at least some of them.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:12 pm
3sUp wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:43 pm Oaks lost nearly every starter from last years team and aren’t bringing in much of note. I have a feeling it’s going to be many years before they are competitive in the league again, but I hope I’m wrong.

Ooo I didn’t know that. I thought the core of that group was coming back. Or at least some of them.
All 5 running backs and the majority of their lines graduated. They do return a QB that showed some promise and one of the best lineman in the league last year with a coaching staff that has shown that they can get the most out of their teams. But the position groups that have been their strengths in recent years will be entirely new starters.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think OH is low on talent right now and may not have as much sports success as they are used to. I’m sure they’ll have several kids step up but IMO Wellston wins this one by 14+

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

That changes things around some.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Wellston graduated 13 senior players last year. Several were key positions, with those key positions, experience will fall short. This will not be a easy first game.

B.M.W.
Waterboy

Post by B.M.W. »

Wellston did lose alot of very talented seniors last year. They will have alot of very talented seniors for this upcoming year! They also had a very young and talented JV team last year, that will definitely play a significant role in the rebuilding of this years team. I look for the Rockets to be a tough game for anyone that has them on the schedule.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

The Wellston JV program has been very successful the last two years. With ten wins and two losses, losing to Athens and River Valley. The Dynamics that the JV coach has brought to the program is definitely assisting and helping the varsity and enabling those boys to move up and fill those positions with confidence.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Maybe the should come to Ironton if they are so good

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

gator81 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:24 pm Wellston graduated 13 senior players last year. Several were key positions, with those key positions, experience will fall short. This will not be a easy first game.
Sounds like some of you guys are walking back your trash talk

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Typical of Jackson county. First you are world beaters and now you are making excuses about being young. Those of us in the county seat think your programs are a joke

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

OakHillAlumni wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:22 am Oak Hill there first year obviously lost to burg, best west and lost a competitive one score game against Waverly the same year the shoemaker kid from Waverly rushed for over two thousand yards, in exception to rebuilding years, Me. Cosell the TVC cannot touch anything that the SOC 2 has to offer.
I guess staying in a league where you get a donkey smacking most weeks works if you like being 4-6 most years. The TVC would welcome your sorry butts in if only you had the nads to apply

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Howard Cosell. Oak Hill Has a respectable program along with the the Soc 2. I am sure the TVC appreciates your insight and opinion. Howard Cosell wishing it was, call the play in Howard.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

TVC is no comparison to SOC 2. SOC much better top to bottom.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:19 pm
OakHillAlumni wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:22 am Oak Hill there first year obviously lost to burg, best west and lost a competitive one score game against Waverly the same year the shoemaker kid from Waverly rushed for over two thousand yards, in exception to rebuilding years, Me. Cosell the TVC cannot touch anything that the SOC 2 has to offer.
I guess staying in a league where you get a donkey smacking most weeks works if you like being 4-6 most years. The TVC would welcome your sorry butts in if only you had the nads to apply
The last time Oak Hill had 6+ losses was 2011 when Homa and Polcyn were running the show. Wellston has had 6+ losses 6 times in that timeframe. You tell me which you’d call “most years”.

Also, Oak Hill was around the bottom of the SOC 2 last year and mauled a TVC team in the first round of the playoffs 42-8. Makes you think.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Since 2000:

Oak Hill: 119-98 with 7 playoff appearances
Wellston: 98-99 with 3 playoff appearances

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Wrong play called Howard!!! :shock:

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Oak Hill has a good football program. It is completely their decision what league they want to play in. Howard is not from Wellston or Oak Hill. He wants to spur debate which is fine. Wellston is trying to continue to build momentum. This is going to be a tough game for both teams. I can tell you that Wellston will give the Oaks the fullest respect.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 pm Since 2000:

Oak Hill: 119-98 with 7 playoff appearances
Wellston: 98-99 with 3 playoff appearances
Since 2000:

Oak Hill 118-98 with 7 (09, 10, 12, 13, 17, 18, 20) playoff appearances
Wellston 103-108 counting the 2007 2-0 forfeit win over Nelsonville-York who played an ineligible player and the actual score was 43-3 Nelsonville-York. 102-109 on the field with 4 (04, 06, 19, 20) playoff appearances

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Didn’t count 2020 for Wellston. That’s my mistake.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38 am Didn’t count 2020 for Wellston. That’s my mistake.
No problem. We're all human.

Return to “Football”