Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Re: Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

Post by NY Tomcat »

This group of NY players and coaches want this game badly, per usual, but even more so this year. They do not want to make history by being the first ever to lose to the team over the hill four straight years. The odds are with the Buckeyes so I give them the edge if for no other reason.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What does the NY backfield look like this year?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

2 to 3 score game in favor of Trimble

Its all in the hips
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:40 pm What does the NY backfield look like this year?
Should be really good. Return everybody that got a good bit of carries last year except Snyder. QB returns as well.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Thanks

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:12 pm
noreply66 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:40 pm What does the NY backfield look like this year?
Should be really good. Return everybody that got a good bit of carries last year except Snyder. QB returns as well.
Loaded would be a fair term to use. :mrgreen:

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

I can see Tomcats by 10-14.

I could also see the Bucks pulling off the upset, the way their season ended last year with the Fraud in Fairland can push a team that much further in their off-season workouts.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

The Cats will be ready this year. First group to ever win 4 in a row against the Bucks! Who cares about weeks 2-10, week 11 matters more than it all.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Nelsonville TV cable looks like they are starting the hype! Playing the Trimble NY game from 1993. Gail is just built different. My goodness.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Thatdad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:54 pm The Cats will be ready this year. First group to ever win 4 in a row against the Bucks! Who cares about weeks 2-10, week 11 matters more than it all.
The NY game is the super bowl every year for the team over the hill. That's understandable and reflective of the fact that there's all this hype about "4 in row for the first time ever." For NY, it's just the next game up at this time. That's all we're focused on.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Gecko wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Thatdad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:54 pm The Cats will be ready this year. First group to ever win 4 in a row against the Bucks! Who cares about weeks 2-10, week 11 matters more than it all.
The NY game is the super bowl every year for the team over the hill. That's understandable and reflective of the fact that there's all this hype about "4 in row for the first time ever." For NY, it's just the next game up at this time. That's all we're focused on.
That's an interesting take based on the previous nelsonville coach is rumored to have threatened to fire his assistants if they lost to "the wee cats," and since his depature Trimble has a winning record and has won the last three in a row. I would think the pressure is up for a nelsonville win, but maybe they've decided it just ain't gonna happen any time soon. :o But it is good to see the nelsonville faithful on here starting to stir things up a little. Meanwhile, the Cats are looking for one of their best seasons, and maybe team, ever. Should be a dandy. Go Cats!

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

Trimble Juvenile wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:02 pm
That's an interesting take based on the previous nelsonville coach is rumored to have threatened to fire his assistants if they lost to "the wee cats," and since his depature Trimble has a winning record and has won the last three in a row. I would think the pressure is up for a nelsonville win, but maybe they've decided it just ain't gonna happen any time soon. :o But it is good to see the nelsonville faithful on here starting to stir things up a little. Meanwhile, the Cats are looking for one of their best seasons, and maybe team, ever. Should be a dandy. Go Cats!
That 2019 team will be hard to pass for best team ever in school history. A state title will give the 2021 Cats that title!

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Not likely they win a state title when they start the season 0-1

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Gecko wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:46 am Not likely they win a state title when they start the season 0-1
IF they were start 0-1 that doesn’t mean anything considering NY is DV6 and Trimble is DV7. I think theres a better chance NY starts 0-2 than Trimble starting 0-1

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:30 am
Gecko wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:46 am Not likely they win a state title when they start the season 0-1
IF they were start 0-1 that doesn’t mean anything considering NY is DV6 and Trimble is DV7. I think theres a better chance NY starts 0-2 than Trimble starting 0-1
Yes, much better chance. I'll give odds on it. LOL

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:30 am
I stand by my statement.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:38 pm

That 2019 team will be hard to pass for best team ever in school history. A state title will give the 2021 Cats that title!
2019 over 2013? I'm not sure about that. Close, but i'd take the 2013 squad by a hair.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:55 pm
TomcatFootball11 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:38 pm

2019 over 2013? I'm not sure about that. Close, but i'd take the 2013 squad by a hair.
If were talking record wise, 2013 is arguably the best team in school history. Talent wise is a toss up, both 2013 and 2019 had great seasons. I could be wrong here but I don't think now thinking more about it, there is no right answer for best team in school history. The past decade was filled with so many great teams it's hard just too choose one.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Both were great, no doubt about it!

I gave a slight edge to 2013 for a few reasons. Conner Wright was an awesome runner, but Justice Jenkins was one of the most versatile players I ever covered. He was not only a great RB, but he could have been one of the best WR's on any other team in the area as well. Sawyer is a great football player, but was so was Jacob. In fact 2013 had TWO Koons, 2019 only had one. Advantage 2013. lol

Cam and Konner Standley - both great football players and QB's. But 2013 had the best WR in school history in Austin Downs, DVII player of the year in the state of Ohio. That 2013 team had TWO players take home player of the year in the state, Jacob and Austin. Both teams had tough lines, hard to give one the edge. 2013 had an incredible defensive backfield with two lock down corners in Downs and Jenkins, plus one of the hardest hitting safeties I watched play in Jake Kish. 2013 also had something people don't talk about much and that's a great kicking game. The punter could punt it a mile and Jon Stevens I'm not sure missed an xtra point all year. And last but not least, 2013 had a superb X-factor/play maker on both offense and defense with little #1 Terry Simmerly.

Man, it'a tough. Both were extremely good. But I'm gonna say 2013 Trimble 17, 2019 Trimble 14. The difference, a late FG on the toe of Jon Stevens.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:58 pm Both were great, no doubt about it!

I gave a slight edge to 2013 for a few reasons. Conner Wright was an awesome runner, but Justice Jenkins was one of the most versatile players I ever covered. He was not only a great RB, but he could have been one of the best WR's on any other team in the area as well. Sawyer is a great football player, but was so was Jacob. In fact 2013 had TWO Koons, 2019 only had one. Advantage 2013. lol

Cam and Konner Standley - both great football players and QB's. But 2013 had the best WR in school history in Austin Downs, DVII player of the year in the state of Ohio. That 2013 team had TWO players take home player of the year in the state, Jacob and Austin. Both teams had tough lines, hard to give one the edge. 2013 had an incredible defensive backfield with two lock down corners in Downs and Jenkins, plus one of the hardest hitting safeties I watched play in Jake Kish. 2013 also had something people don't talk about much and that's a great kicking game. The punter could punt it a mile and Jon Stevens I'm not sure missed an xtra point all year. And last but not least, 2013 had a superb X-factor/play maker on both offense and defense with little #1 Terry Simmerly.

Man, it'a tough. Both were extremely good. But I'm gonna say 2013 Trimble 17, 2019 Trimble 14. The difference, a late FG on the toe of Jon Stevens.
Edge would go to 2013, we never had a great kicking game in 2019, and a kick before half against Springfield would've sent Trimble to the regional finals.

Return to “Football”