Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

Rutter lover
JV Team

Re: Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

Post by Rutter lover »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:31 pm NY is playing a lot of young guys. Mostly sophomores and Juniors. The defense is very good. Offense still has some things to work out but the run game is stout. As for Trimble, defense played a great game as well. Good luck to the cats the rest of the way!
Athens is playing 6 freshman on both sides of the ball, with a few juniors!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

A good, close game. I wonder how much more attendance would have been for this game if it wasn’t played on the last day of the Parade of the Hills in Nelsonville? Seems like gate money is left on the table because it’s played on Saturday and Nelsonville is hopping with the grande parade and closing night of entertainment?

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:20 pm A good, close game. I wonder how much more attendance would have been for this game if it wasn’t played on the last day of the Parade of the Hills in Nelsonville? Seems like gate money is left on the table because it’s played on Saturday and Nelsonville is hopping with the grande parade and closing night of entertainment?

Both stands pretty full plus the fence line was full. Home side bleachers are way bigger than the old stadium seats, plus visitor side bleachers now. More people were there than you think

Its all in the hips
Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

Nobody goes to festivals on game nights same as old settlers.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

The two best things that came out of this game are this group of seniors have never lost to that team over the hill and they are once again Athens County champions. Now on to preparing for VC. Tomcat Pride!

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:30 pm
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:18 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:55 am Anyone have the inside scoop if Guffey is a go for tomorrow?? Would feel a little better knowing he’s going to be on the field.
Yes, I know but I can't say. It wouldn't be right if I did. :mrgreen:
No secrets, I think it’s out now 😉
I didn't want to be the one to let it out though. Not my place. :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

koondoger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:11 pm
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:07 pm

I think people are just wishful thinking that NY will be down this year. I agree they like to be thought of as underdogs. My contacts tell me they'll be just fine this year and look for a good game this week. If they can come out of the first two with at least one win they will be hard to handle the rest of the season for sure.
Agreed. A few new wrinkles too according to word on the street. :mrgreen:
So, looks like it's Luke & Rusty's "new wrinkles" v. Brady's defense and Phil's trick plays. Should be interesting. :mrgreen:
Nope, Luke had nothing in it. There is no Luke. But Rusty and company shut down all of Phil's "trick plays" and pretty much every play he ran except for the one broken play they scored on. 93Dog said it best, Rusty had a great game plan. Not many people gave NY a chance against the wee ones. But Rusty did. Just be glad he can only coach one team on your schedule is all I can say. Now go score 80+ on Miller and make yourselves feel good. But deep down you know you escaped Sunday (aka: Sheet) Creek Field with a broken play and a successful PAT in the 1st qtr or you'd be 0-1. Your defense played well, but that vaunted O with "nearly the whole team back" got shut down by a bunch of sophmores. Good luck against FF in a few weeks. Until then it'll be easy sailing and scoring as much as you want. No trick plays needed. :mrgreen:

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Trimble didn't score on a broken play. The play you speak of was marked out at the 24. So after that, they still went 24 more yards to score. Quit whining. Nelsonville played great, but lost, move on

Its all in the hips
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Happy McGavin wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:20 pm Trimble didn't score on a broken play. The play you speak of was marked out at the 24. So after that, they still went 24 more yards to score. Quit whining. Nelsonville played great, but lost, move on
Agreed.

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm
bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:24 am
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:55 pm

It's based on information that I have and you most likely do not. So, I stand by my prediction. Bucks by two scores. If I'm proven wrong strike up the band and deliver the plate of crow. :mrgreen:
I might bite on this prediction if the game weren't in Glouster. But with the game being played there there's a likelihood that you'll get "those danged Glouster refs" calling the game and if you do no way Trimble loses. :mrgreen:
:idea: I heard Hootie and Roy might have the game. That would be good because those boys would be neutral. :idea:
Did they have the game?

The Scotty A Show
Waterboy

Post by The Scotty A Show »

It'll be Rusty's turn again next year and prolly the next few years. This rivalry has really gotten good now that Uncle Phil has started to even the record a bit. Back when he couldn't beat them I was one that said they might want to stop playing it every year but now it's a lot more even and I think that's a good thing. Good luck to both teams and I hope one goes 10-0 and the other 9-1.

Trimble Tomcats 2023 TVC Ohio Champions
TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

The Scotty A Show wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:29 pm It'll be Rusty's turn again next year and prolly the next few years. This rivalry has really gotten good now that Uncle Phil has started to even the record a bit. Back when he couldn't beat them I was one that said they might want to stop playing it every year but now it's a lot more even and I think that's a good thing. Good luck to both teams and I hope one goes 10-0 and the other 9-1.
You never know. That's why they play the games. In 2020, I think NY was favored because of how much Trimble lost, and Trimble made a game out of it. Just in August, Trimble was favored and NY made a game out of it. This series is really getting interesting, and since 2012, it's always been anyone's game to win.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This is one of the best games to take in year in and out.

Return to “Football”