Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:05 pmWho won
Game is tonight. The clash starts here in about 45 min.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Is this game going to be steamed ?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Was wondering the same, I98.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Trimble 7
Nelsonville-York 0
Half

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wear them down Buckeyes

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Trimble 7
Nelsonville-York 6
23 seconds left in 3rd

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Trimble 7
Nelsonville-York 6
Final

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

It was a dog fight as I anticipated. Figured it would be a little higher scoring, but nonetheless the Cats come out on top. Very impressive 3rd quarter by NY. Ran the ball at will and nearly took up the whole quarter on that scoring drive. Congrats to the Cats. In my opinion, NY wins the Ohio.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Defensive battle

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:44 pm It was a dog fight as I anticipated. Figured it would be a little higher scoring, but nonetheless the Cats come out on top. Very impressive 3rd quarter by NY. Ran the ball at will and nearly took up the whole quarter on that scoring drive. Congrats to the Cats. In my opinion, NY wins the Ohio.
You can think N.Y. will win the Ohio all you want but the Dogs are playing a bunch of young kids and will get better as the season goes on.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NY will get better has the year goes on also. Need to work a couple bugs out and the Bucks will roll.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Bulldog84 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:12 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:44 pm It was a dog fight as I anticipated. Figured it would be a little higher scoring, but nonetheless the Cats come out on top. Very impressive 3rd quarter by NY. Ran the ball at will and nearly took up the whole quarter on that scoring drive. Congrats to the Cats. In my opinion, NY wins the Ohio.
You can think N.Y. will win the Ohio all you want but the Dogs are playing a bunch of young kids and will get better as the season goes on.
You think NY is going to get worse as the year goes on? They are young also. I don’t think anyone in the Ohio will be able to stop their run game. Just an opinion ole bud, you’re entitled to your own as well. Thanks for the input.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY is playing a lot of young guys. Mostly sophomores and Juniors. The defense is very good. Offense still has some things to work out but the run game is stout. As for Trimble, defense played a great game as well. Good luck to the cats the rest of the way!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

WOW

7-6…????

How fittin for a backyard brawl like this one

Not much chatter on here for 7-6 game.

Must have been a Balboa Creed type fight

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Not gonna hear much chatter from Trimble fans, they're celebrating 4 in a row over NY for the first time in school history

Its all in the hips
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:31 pm NY is playing a lot of young guys. Mostly sophomores and Juniors. The defense is very good. Offense still has some things to work out but the run game is stout. As for Trimble, defense played a great game as well. Good luck to the cats the rest of the way!
That’s scary to hear considering the Cats are going to lose a ton of seniors next year. Got a good group of kids coming up, but they will take some time to adjust to high school ball. I was pretty impressed with NY’s defensive backs, they showed up tonight and didn’t allow Lackey to go off on them. Downs played a pretty good game and showed he isn’t afraid to truck someone. Like I said in the previous post, I see NY taking the Ohio back to Buchtel this year and of course, Trimble rules the Hocking. Both teams played well and should make a decent play off run. Good luck to both teams this season! Early predictions:
Cats go 9-1 on the season
NY goes 8-2 on the season

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Quarterback Tabor Lackey scored from 15 yards out on a keeper up the middle late in the first quarter as the Trimble Tomcats knocked off Nelsonville-York 7-6 on Friday at Glouster Memorial Stadium. It was the Tomcats 22nd consecutive regular season win and 32nd in 33 tries. The win also marked the 4th straight over the Buckeyes as the seniors at Trimble finish their careers undefeated against their cross country rivals.

Tonight’s game in Glouster had everything you want in a high school football game. It was an old fashion slobber knocker with both teams bringing everything they had on every play in front of a packed house. Coach Richards had a great game plan, grounding and pounding throughout, but just came up short on a failed PAT in the 2nd half. Coach Faires did as well keeping it on the ground most of the game with tailback Bryce Downs and Lackey.

All the skill players showed up and played great, Lackey, Downs, Wisor, Carter, Stalder, etc … But perhaps the biggest play of the night came from Trimble NG Clarence Jones. Big #78 had a huge 15-yard sack on Nelsonville-York quarterback Drew Carter on the Buckeyes final drive, then got out to the sideline for a big tackle on the very next play that seemed to be a momentum shifter. The Bucks made it to midfield, but turned the ball over on downs giving Trimble the hard earned victory.

The real winners tonight though had to be the fans. FINALLY, we got to sit back and enjoy a great football game in a loud stadium with a lot of passion and a lot of enthusiasm. Even if it was just for a few hours, all our problems seemed to fade away and there were no thoughts of Covid, masks, quarantines and whatever else we have all had to deal with the past year and a half. It was great seeing and talking with Coach Caldwell for a while and having my usual pregame meeting with Kevin Wiseman. There is just nothing better than a big game on Friday nights in Southeastern Ohio. Let’s all hope it continues throughout the 2021 season!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats Trimble, a very hard fought earned game. Pride of Glouster.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:33 am
NY BUCK wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:31 pm NY is playing a lot of young guys. Mostly sophomores and Juniors. The defense is very good. Offense still has some things to work out but the run game is stout. As for Trimble, defense played a great game as well. Good luck to the cats the rest of the way!
That’s scary to hear considering the Cats are going to lose a ton of seniors next year. Got a good group of kids coming up, but they will take some time to adjust to high school ball. I was pretty impressed with NY’s defensive backs, they showed up tonight and didn’t allow Lackey to go off on them. Downs played a pretty good game and showed he isn’t afraid to truck someone. Like I said in the previous post, I see NY taking the Ohio back to Buchtel this year and of course, Trimble rules the Hocking. Both teams played well and should make a decent play off run. Good luck to both teams this season! Early predictions:
Cats go 9-1 on the season
NY goes 8-2 on the season
NY will lose some good seniors as well. Both groups seem to have some pretty good classes coming up and both programs seem to be in pretty good shape for the future. Both teams will get better this season and hopefully like you said make good playoff runs. Best of luck the rest of the season from over the hill!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Can you say 4-In-A-Row? :mrgreen:

Coach Faires has always been a master special teams coach. Once again it paid off. GO CATS!

Return to “Football”